Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 415230 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1665 on: January 21, 2006, 09:02 AM »
Thing.

Although this wave isn't really pegwarming around here, at least not yet.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1666 on: January 21, 2006, 10:35 AM »
My local Wally has like 8 Things on the pegs (not too smart a move to have 1st App Thing and all of the dang FF Things on the pegs at the same time)

I saw the ManWolf and Venom yesterday and left it

I also updated the list on Page 1

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1667 on: January 21, 2006, 12:22 PM »
My local Wally has like 8 Things on the pegs (not too smart a move to have 1st App Thing and all of the dang FF Things on the pegs at the same time)

Why the hell did ToyBiz release so many Things?!? We have all the FF movie versions pegwarming, plus the new Marvel Legends version, and now the FF Classics version. Is thing really that popular?
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1668 on: January 21, 2006, 12:54 PM »
I really don't think Thing is popular at all, Marvel must think he's on par with Wolverine or Spidey at its nowhere near as close.

Heck, back in the day it was always Spider-Man and Hulk and that was about it

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1669 on: January 21, 2006, 02:46 PM »
Thing is moving pretty well around here. The only one that sits is Vengeance, because nobody knows who he is.

Even the movie Things sell out pretty quick. We have more Torches and Mr. Fantastics than you can shake a stick at.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1670 on: January 21, 2006, 06:14 PM »
Finally put Apoc together, looks pretty damn cool, doesnt stand up very well though. Still cant fint any FF Classics anywhere though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1671 on: January 22, 2006, 02:46 PM »
That dang Scarlet Witch continues to elude me.  I have three on order at Amazon but I don't really expect to actually receive them.  You're welcome to one if I get them Mikey. 

I gave in and went to ebay last night for the Scarlet Witch.  Must say, I'm pleased with the pricing ;D Just a tad above the Amazon price and now I don't have to wait on those anymore. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1672 on: January 23, 2006, 10:52 AM »
After reading about Ben's TRU finds of ML12, I decided to check our local store this weekend as well.  They just had 2 wave 12 figures, one Wolverine and one Bishop.  I picked up Wolverine.  I know we see more than enough of him, but I just liked the look of this figure and I'm a fan of the Astonishing comci as well, so I went ahead and got it.  Still no signs of the F4 Classics here (or the X-Men line for that matter), and the Legends pegs are pretty slim at Target and TRU (Target has had a lonely Prof X forever now, TRU has a couple of Things and 3-4 Wondermans...Wondermen?).  Our Wal-Mart is stocked full, and I mean full, of the Sentinel Series.  There are a few figures from the Galactus wave sprinkled in as well, but that's about it.  I don't know that I necessarily want/need much else from 12 anyways, just waiting for the Villains wave to start showing up now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1673 on: January 25, 2006, 10:36 AM »
Over at Action-Figure.com they have pics up (from the UK Toy Fair I believe) of a couple of upcoming box sets from Marvel Legends, that I don't think have been seen before (at least I haven't).  Hit the linky above for several pics of the "Marvel Monsters" (Dracula, Frankenstein, Werewolf by Night, Zombie) and Young Avengers (Iron Lad, Patriot, Asgardian, Hulkling) box sets.

Also pics of the first two Marvel Masterworks sets, featuring the F4 vs. Mole Man and Spidey vs. Green Goblin.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 10:40 AM by Brian »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1674 on: January 25, 2006, 11:11 AM »
Also pics of the first two Marvel Masterworks sets, featuring the F4 vs. Mole Man and Spidey vs. Green Goblin.

Woah, I think those could be very big sellers!  They look great, especially the F4 one:

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1675 on: January 25, 2006, 10:37 PM »
So strange.  The Legendary Riders wave only shipped a short time ago and I'm already finding the Marvel Legends 12 wave.  Picked up Maestro and Sasquatch so far.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1676 on: January 25, 2006, 10:45 PM »
If you recall, the same thing happened with waves 6,7 and 8 last year where 7 was out for about only a month while 6 and 8 came right before and right after

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1677 on: January 26, 2006, 07:03 PM »
Found a Man-wolf today.  Suffers from a bad case of shyness.  Bastard's always looking at his feet.

Also finally found some Apoc wave - Sasquatch, Maestro, Wolvernine and X-23.  Only grabbed a Sasquatch.  Disappointed that there wasn't a Bishop or Iron Fist, the only other two figs I want from that wave.  Sasquatch's Apocalypse piece is available if anyone wants it. 

Also saw the new X-men line for the first time.  No Storm, just a few each of the Wolverines, a couple of Gambits and Cyclops and a lone Archangel.  Left them all.

Really like that Monster set.  Should go nicely with Blade, the Ghost Riders, Man Thing and the other "supernatural" ML's.  Still undecided on the Young Avengers set.  I don't read the comic so I have no real affinity to them, but they'll fit in nicely on the Avengers shelf.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1678 on: January 27, 2006, 12:17 AM »
The Monsters set looks pretty good, but i am not feeling the Young Avengers at all. i have no idea who they are.

Still can't find ML 12 variants or any FF CLassics.  :-[
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1679 on: January 27, 2006, 11:01 AM »
The Monsters set looks pretty good, but i am not feeling the Young Avengers at all. i have no idea who they are.

Still can't find ML 12 variants or any FF CLassics.  :-[

That covers it for me as well.  Frankenstein should have been larger though, no?

Masterworks look nice, but I'll pass on those I think now that I've seen them.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.