Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 414381 times)

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1800 on: April 5, 2006, 01:10 AM »
Does anyone here need any of the Apocalypse variants.? I have most of an extra set that I grabbed for someone else who no longer needs them.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1801 on: April 5, 2006, 11:13 PM »
Browsing BBTS's pre-order list and there's a couple of interesting pictures there:

Monsters box set:

Looks interesting but I'm still not sure.

Marvel Legends Masterworks Series 1

Series 2

Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1802 on: April 7, 2006, 12:59 PM »
Saw the variants from the latest series again yesterday, third time now for those guys.  They've sure changed the marketing strategy for the chase figures in this lineup.

I also pre-ordered the first three face off packs from the local comic shop.  If he gets the Cap/Strucker pack I should get it too 8)  I'm not too concerned about the other chase figures, I'd be happy with a regular Leader.  But they sure went in for the unmasked stuff for the chase versions on these, didn't they?

Chase sets:
Unmasked Cap and Strucker
Unmasked DD and Kingpin in black suit (??)
Angry Hulk and stretched-head Leader

I don't think I ever saw the Kingpin in a black suit.  Frankly I'd be mad if I ended up with that version instead. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1803 on: April 7, 2006, 01:17 PM »
Thanks for posting those pics the other day Brent.  The Masterworks stuff doesn't look too bad.  I doubt I'll collect them, but I might pick up the Spidey one and see what else is offered.  Seems like its been somewhat quiet on the Legends/Classics front lately, I guess just waiting for new stuff to start hitting.  I've seen a few reports of the new SMC wave showing up (Hobgoblin/Hydroman/SpiderHulk), so hopefully those will make their way here before too long.  I'm really looking forward to the Hobgoblin.  Hopefully ML 13 will be released before too long as well.  There was rumors that the ML WM wave would be showing up in April, but we'll see what comes of that.  I'm looking forward to those Face Off 2 packs as well - finally, a Kingpin!  I think I'll pick up the Hulk one as well, because I never did get a Hulk figure and that one doesn't look too bad.  I'm wondering about the future pack of Iron Man/Mandarin as well.  I got into collecting these a little late for the first Iron Man released, and passed on the "Modern" version when I saw it (Series 8?), and although there does seem to be some version in many waves - I kind of want a more "basic" Iron Man.

There are a few of those bigger named figures that we haven't seen for awhile that I'm missing.  I'd like to have a Dr. Doom as well, but all I have is a movie version.  Anyways...I'm still curious to see where this line is headed beyond this year (when Hasbro takes over).  Looking at the Legends (and Classics) line as a whole, it is amazing what we've got as far as a character selection.  Although there are always more figures to make, how much further can things really go?  There are still some decent holes (Quicksilver, She-Hulk, etc.), but outside of that character selection starts to go down a bit more.  I guess part of me wouldn't mind seeing it wrap up just because I could be done with this collection.  Of course, I say that now....:).

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1804 on: April 7, 2006, 06:29 PM »
I cant wait for this spider-man wave, Spider-Hulk has been on my wish list for a very long time.

As for the 2-packs. I really want the variant version of the Cap. The regular set for the Hulk is fine with me, but i woul dlike both version of the DD set. So all in all I need to buy 4.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1805 on: April 10, 2006, 10:31 AM »
Stopped by Wal-Mart this weekend, and they had (part) of the new SMC wave.  I picked up a Hobgoblin and Spider-Hulk (they had two of each).  No signs of Hydroman yet.  I'm really a fan of this Hobgoblin figure, and I hope that ML 13 is out pretty soon so I can add the Green Goblin to the Spidey shelf as well.  Spider-Hulk is a nice enough figure too, although it does have a big button in the back for its action feature.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1806 on: April 13, 2006, 01:13 AM »
Picked up a Spidey-Hulk today at TRU. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1807 on: April 13, 2006, 01:33 AM »
Found the new wave of SMC last night. Hydroman was a little tempting, but since it's such a ******-looking figure, I didn't buy it. There were two each of Spider-Hulk and Hobgoblin. I didn't want Spider-Hulk, and I like the earlier version of Hobgoblin better, so I didn't buy any of them.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1808 on: April 13, 2006, 01:38 AM »
Should be about a month before these arrive here then.  Good news.  Was much surprised to see a local Walmart restock the wave with the ultimate Rhino ???  There's not newer stuff in the system somewhere?  Yeesh.

I should only snag Hydroman and Hobgoblin (love the first version, but this is truly the classic version so can't pass it up) but I'll probably spring for Spider-Hulk as well.  So darn many Hulk figures in my collection it's silly, considering he's really not a favorite character for me.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1809 on: April 13, 2006, 05:50 PM »
Picked up Spider-Hulk, Hobgoblin, and Hydroman today  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1810 on: April 20, 2006, 02:57 PM »
According to some posters (with pics) over at Fwoosh, the Wal-Mart wave, two packs, and box sets have all been found (in Kentucky and Tennessee so far, from what I've seen).  The hunt is on....

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1811 on: April 20, 2006, 03:24 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Brian.  Sucky part about Canada is none of this is supposed to come to regular retail here.  I ordered the three two-packs from a comic store but I really want the Strucker-variant Cap set as I don't like the new release of Red Skull and since I have the other version, I don't need it.  The reg DD/Kingpin set is fine by me, as is the regular Leader set. 

Working on ordering that ML Wally wave online, just waiting to hear back from Legends. 

Man, I'd love to get Strucker :-X

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1812 on: April 20, 2006, 03:30 PM »
I can't seem to access fwoosh right now.  Any idea which variant has the extra GM piece?  Probably AoA Wolverine, right?  If so, that's three figures I have to buy that I don't want to get Giant-man.  Toybiz ain't stupid, that's for sure.  Bastards.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1813 on: April 20, 2006, 03:37 PM »
I think the variants are either Wolverine or Sabretooth (only one though).  The other is the Sentry variant, with beard I think.

There's more than a couple of figures in that wave I don't really want.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1814 on: April 20, 2006, 03:48 PM »
Yeah, the two variants are burnt AoA Wolverine and bearded Sentry.  One of them has the extra Giantman piece, I don't know which.  My guess is Wolverine and I'd be surprised if I was wrong.

That's three AoA figures I don't want and I'm not too happy with buying another Thor (the first one still holds up well) to get me a Giantman.
Common sense isn't so common