Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413172 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1890 on: May 12, 2006, 07:57 AM »
Nick the left hand of GM only comes in the Wolverine variant

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1891 on: May 12, 2006, 08:08 AM »
Ahhh!  Thank you Scott!  So is it safe to surmise that a duplicate part that comes with both Sentry and the Sentry variant?  But I still need Thor to complete it.  Drat!

Updating this want list a bit...

AVENGERS
Hercules
Starfox
Yellowjacket
old school gold Iron Man - think this might be a variant in a future wave
Scarlet Witch
She Hulk (w/ FF variant)
Black Knight

X-MEN/X-Factor
Thunderbird
Sunfire
Banshee
Storm - original costume
Beast - X-Factor minus blue fur
Cyclops - X-Factor
Jean Grey - X-Factor
Havok
"Days Of Future Past" gift pack w/ Wolverine, Colossus, Rachel Summers, Kate Pryde, Franklin Richards, Magneto
Logan - A better street clothes version.  The first one stunk on ice!
Wolverine - with bone claws

OTHERS
Quicksilver

VILLAINS
Thanos - Marvel Select
Modok
Crimson Dynamo
Titanium Man
Brood
Sebastion Shaw
Nimrod
White Queen - Kinda sorta done by Marvel Select
The Blob
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 08:10 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1892 on: May 12, 2006, 08:36 AM »
Ahhh!  Thank you Scott!  So is it safe to surmise that a duplicate part that comes with both Sentry and the Sentry variant?  But I still need Thor to complete it.  Drat!

That's correct, and I must say, the bearded Sentry is a ton better than the regular

Also, I've seen over at the Fwoosh that there are bright yellow and mustard yellow variants of both Sentrys currently shipping

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1893 on: May 12, 2006, 08:45 AM »
I found the two packs last night at Wally, they did not have the Variant Cap/Skull (which I sorely desire) or DD/Kingpin (meh)  If anyone comes across an extra Cap/Strucker pack, I'd be interested.

The Cap is phenomenal and  I also think this new Hulk may be one of the best Legends figures yet.

I am struck by how fleshed out my Legends shelves are getting!  I also opened my Select Watcher last night and put him on top with the other big guys.  It looks great!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1894 on: May 13, 2006, 12:27 AM »
Bearded Sentry does look much cooler.  I opened the regular so far, but no the variant.  I've got to read the comic that came with him just to catch up on who the character is.

I also put together most of Giant Man.  Thing is he looks like some kind of an amputee without his right hand at the moment.  Gotta find Thor!

You don't have the BAF Apocalypse Scott?  That seemed strangely absent from those pics.  But that is definitely a very good ML collection!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 12:29 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1895 on: May 13, 2006, 09:47 AM »
Yeah I passed on pretty much all of Wave XII, only picked up Sasquatch and Iron Fist.  No love for Apoc either since the regular release fits the bill just fine for me.  Same goes for the upcoming Onslaught and Mojo.  Don't really care for either of them.  MODOK though, I'll be all over him and lucky for me, I like all the figures in that wave

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1896 on: May 13, 2006, 11:48 PM »
I still have hopes they'll do Thanos in the larger scale.  That's the Select Thanos, isn't it Scott? 

Locally I saw evidence of the Spider-Hulk/Hobgoblin/Hydroman wave tonight.  None of the figures I wanted are there, but that line is usually carried by three retailers, so I'll see them in time. 

I also sprung for the Strucker/Cap pack on ebay.  $20 didn't seem horrible, since those two packs if they reach regular retail here will probably be $20-25 or more anyway.  I have the rest of them on order through a local retailer, but asked only for the Strucker version and another guy was in line ahead of me, so I'd be waiting for him to say nay. 

Scott, you need more Daredevil figures :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1897 on: May 14, 2006, 10:54 PM »
Saw all the new figs at the local toy show yesterday and one seller even had Onslaught wave figs.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1898 on: May 18, 2006, 11:17 AM »
I stopped by WM yesterday and picked up the Cap vs Red Skull (regular) Face Off pack.  I already got the variant version, but I've heard really good things about that version of Cap (I only have the ML8 "Ultimate" version) and I never saw the first Red Skull, so I figured I would pick this one up.  Just of note - I got the last Cap pack they had (variant or otherwise), and I think there was 2-3 of the variant Daredevil/Kingpin pack, and several of the Hulk and Leader packs.  As far as basic figures - after quite some time of just having a single AOA Sabretooth, they must have found a little more stock as there was 1 each of Havok, Warbird, Thor, and AOA Sabretooth.  Since I was already grabbing the 2 pack, the wife didn't think I needed Warbird too (or another "girl figure" :P).  Otherwise, the Masterworks and Young Avengers/Monsters packs seem to be sitting.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1899 on: May 18, 2006, 12:04 PM »
Scott, how does the 2-pack Hulk compare to the other Hulks?  He looks a lot bigger than the rest.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1900 on: May 18, 2006, 01:04 PM »
Scott, how does the 2-pack Hulk compare to the other Hulks?  He looks a lot bigger than the rest.

Much, much bigger than series 1.  Just picked it up, really only for Leader, but I think it's going to replace my series Hulk as the one I display. 
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Lord Mantha

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1901 on: May 23, 2006, 11:54 AM »
now all i need is a grey hulk figure to finish my Galactus

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1902 on: May 24, 2006, 03:44 PM »
According to the Fwoosh forums, ML13 has been spotted in the US now - in a Chicago TRU to be exact.  The poster put up some pics of his finds as well, so it looks legit.  Although I could definitely use a break in the spending, I hope these start showing up here soon too - really looking forward to that Green Goblin figure.  The Spidey shelf seems incomplete without one :).

Just looking at the stores around here, Legends have pretty much dried up.  Wal-Mart doesn't have a single figure on the pegs, aside from the YA/Monsters box sets and a crapload of Hulk/Leader Face Off packs.  Target has a single Logan from the Riders series that has been there for months, and actually only has one pegs for Legends now and two for the X-Men line.  Last time I visited TRU they just had a couple of figures from the Riders series.  Things are pretty picked over out there.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 03:44 PM by Brian »

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1903 on: May 24, 2006, 04:01 PM »
Just looking at the stores around here, Legends have pretty much dried up. Wal-Mart doesn't have a single figure on the pegs, aside from the YA/Monsters box sets and a crapload of Hulk/Leader Face Off packs. Target has a single Logan from the Riders series that has been there for months, and actually only has one pegs for Legends now and two for the X-Men line. Last time I visited TRU they just had a couple of figures from the Riders series. Things are pretty picked over out there.

Minnesota is just as bad. Wal-Marts around here got the one wave of Giant Man figures, Face Off sets, YA & Monsters sets, and the Cheepo knock off statues and once the Face Off & Giant Man stuff was gone the displays were taken down and everything else was moved to a back end cap to die a slow death.

Between Marvel Legends, Stargate, & Star Wars my wallet is so thin it isn't even funny. If I come home with more toys in the next month my wife is going to cut me off in more ways than one. :'(
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1904 on: May 24, 2006, 11:12 PM »
ML13 has shown up at some Canadian TRUs, though not mine yet.  Mine decided to dump a couple more cases of X-23 into bins.  Been a long stretch between series' now. 

After seeing Scott's pics I decided to grab a Watcher.  I'd been expecting him to be a BAF somewhere along the line, but I guess this will suffice nicely enough. 

Still no sign of Hydro-man (does he shoot water, btw?) and I can't yet bring myself to buy SPider-Hulk ($12.99 and taxes might be part of the problem). 

And in other news, the Strucker 2-pack I bought off ebay isn't coming.  The seller managed to crush the figures, breaking Cap in the process ::)  Guess I'm going back to ebay again.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.