Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 414760 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1905 on: May 25, 2006, 06:36 PM »
I am starting to worry about the Walmart wave, i missed out and they dont sem to think they are getting any more. I still need the Hulk and DD 2-pack but assume those will show up eventually.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1906 on: May 25, 2006, 09:18 PM »
Anyone wanting the fearsome foes gift pack can get it for less than I paid at Amazon now  $19.98 plus shipping.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1907 on: May 26, 2006, 01:24 AM »
I have yet to see the Face-Off 2-packs here. Hell, we don't even have the retail-suicide Masterworks things.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1909 on: May 26, 2006, 03:39 PM »
Took a shot...we'll see, although I've usually had really good luck

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1910 on: May 26, 2006, 03:52 PM »
I have these on pre-order and have for several months.  I guess I'll click through on these as well to see what happens ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1911 on: May 26, 2006, 04:16 PM »
Thanks for the links Jeff.  I took a shot too, we'll see how it goes.  I had the Green Goblin and Pyro preordered before, but I placed an order here now as well (and canceled the preorder).  We'll see how this ends up, right now they are scheduled to ship on May 27th last I saw.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 04:16 PM by Brian »

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1912 on: May 29, 2006, 02:34 PM »
Just saw the Onslaught series at my local Toys r Us. I don't care much for the series but would like the Onslaught  figure, anyway start checking store this seems to a big distribution time for the toy companies.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1913 on: May 29, 2006, 02:42 PM »
Scored a set of tri-logo Onslaught wave figures this weekend.  Pretty cool!  My favorites have to be Abomination, Pyro, Loki and Green Goblin.  Blackheart and Deathstrike are okay, but I'm not thrilled about them.

I honestly thought that the Onslaught BAF would be a little larger.  But the real concern there is that the shoulder joints appear somewhat frozen.

As for the variants, I'm really only interested in the Norman Osborn Goblin.  Not really interested in the variant Abomination or Loki.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 02:43 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1914 on: May 30, 2006, 10:30 AM »
I'm not sure what everyone else has found, but I got a shipping notification over the weekend for the two figures I ordered (Goblin and Pyro) when Jeff posted those Amazon linkys the other day.  Hopefully everyone else is having good luck with this set, it sure has been a flurry of Legends/Classics lately.  It will be nice if Amazon can come through on these for everyone.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1915 on: May 30, 2006, 11:34 AM »
I'm playing a game currently.  I opted to not order from Jeff's links just to see what would happen.  I pre-ordered those chase figures back in January and have had to update and accept delays twice already.  So I wanted to see if they'd actually come through with the items based on a pre-order.  Given they posted them as current (and thanks to Jeff I have a date for when they went up) there's absolutely no reason not to fill my pre-order and I should in fact be higher in the system than folks that ordered when those links went up. 

That said, I have not received a shipping notification as yet ::)  To be completely honest I fully expect to not receive what I preordered months ago.  Their system is an utter and complete joke. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1916 on: May 30, 2006, 11:54 AM »
I also had some of these figures preordered through Amazon (Goblin/Pyro) for a few months, and when I checked the listings of the preorder it said "order this item used now".  Then, when Jeff posted those "in stock" links, I ordered the two figures - checked my preorder again (no change) - then ended up cancelling the preorder and just sticking with these new listings to see what happens.  They are scheduled to be delivered late this week I believe, so we'll see how it goes.  That is definitely screwed up if people have these things preordered for months and get nothing, and then when the new listings come up - whoever orders that day gets what they want while the preordered people sit waiting.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1917 on: May 30, 2006, 12:06 PM »
Exactly my point.  Amazon is just absurd in this fashion and when you complain to customer service, it just keeps getting routed to a different customer service rep with each different response.  I guess I just like complaining to them, but I'm sure the same thing will happen.

I've had no problem finding anything from Marvel Legends that's been released in Canada (Walmart wave being the exception) including chase figures.  I've found every chase figure since wave IX in multiples, so hopefully that luck will continue.  I'm not overly concerned with any from this series, though the Norman Osborn Goblin would be nice to own, but even that I can live without.  We have three retailers up here carrying these in good numbers lately (though Walmart often skips entire series) so I'm not worried, just impatient to get them.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1918 on: May 30, 2006, 12:27 PM »
I'm in no real hurry to own these. I just bought 11 figures a few weeks ago.

Of course, it'll be a while till I actually see them anyway. The local TRU just opened a new case of 12 which should sit for a good amount of time.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1919 on: May 30, 2006, 07:57 PM »
Well i did the same thing, pre-ordered them months ago and have yet to get a shipping confirmation. I did however order them from the link when thye were liosted as in stock, sadly i missed out on the unmasked green goblin. I got the shipping confirmation for the more recent order of abomination and loki. The system does suck.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"