Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410913 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2010 on: July 21, 2006, 09:25 AM »
Astonishing Cyclops
She-Hulk
Yellowjacket
Quick Silver
Xorn
First Appearance Storm
Cosmic Marvel Girl
X3 Jean Grey
Danger Room (Build a set?)
Lord Asgard Thor
Build A Figure Blob
Ultimate Wolverine

That list looks pretty good, and it sounds like we might be able to see these (or some of these) on Friday?  Hope so.  Like Scott mentioned, that narrows down the list pretty good.  I'll definitely pick up figures like Ast. Cyclops, She Hulk, Quicksilver, Yellow Jacket, and others.  Its looking good so far.  I don't know for sure, but I'm wondering if the "Danger Room" is the sentient "Danger" that was in the first run of Astonishing X-Men comics from Joss Whedon.  Not sure, but that's kind of what I'm thinking.  Its good to see that the Legends line is continuing at Hasbro, hopefully in a good way, and not just turning into a starting from scratch type of line.

I noticed in TNI's report - unless it was a misprint - that the Spidey movie figures were in the 5" scale.  I know not everyone cares about the movie stuff, but if that is true, it is kind of disappointing (unless they remake stuff from the other movies as well).  I guess they will at least be in scale with the Superman Returns and Batman Begins stuff, but out of scale with all of the other Marvel movie stuff.  I wonder if this is the "movie" scale of the future?  Anyways, the Legends stuff looks/sounds pretty good so far.  The Spidey origins line is a little more disappointing than I had hoped (particularly the villains wave), but I do like the "Iron Spidey" figure.

Just looking at some of the ToyBiz stuff at TNI, and it looks like they have a look at those rumored/dropped "henchmen" pack ins from awhile back.  I wonder if we'll see those released somehow now? - **Update**: Just reading a report at ActionFigureInsider, and it sounds like ToyBiz just brought out everything they had planned, but most of it likely won't be released (the Henchmen and X-Babies in particular).  They also mentioned that the X3 movie Colossus (that is listed many places as an "Icon") is actually part of a 3 pack with a movie Angel and Juggernaut.  It sounds like the Spidey movie line will be 5" scale, and will incorporate characters from the other movies as well.  More at ActionFigureInsider, if you are interested.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 10:03 AM by Brian »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2011 on: July 21, 2006, 10:20 AM »

Astonishing Cyclops
She-Hulk
Yellowjacket
Quick Silver
Danger Room (Build a set?)
Build A Figure Blob

The world is at peace.

Well, until Brian mentioned a 5" scale anyway.  Getting that She-Hulk (please don't screw it up) is great and does a fine job of wrapping up most of what I wanted.  Still want my minor Spidey characters box set though.  But if these guys are trying to get me to spend less money, job well done.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2012 on: July 21, 2006, 11:47 AM »
Take a walk back to TNI and look at the Toybiz section for MArvel Legends. It seems like they plan to release a WHOLE LOT more before Hasbro takes over. Alot of stuff never mentioned before.

Can you provide a link?

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2013 on: July 21, 2006, 12:18 PM »

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2014 on: July 21, 2006, 12:41 PM »
After looking through the photos at TNI I am really excited.

Now I need both versions of Psylocke, 2 of each version of the Face-Off with Wolverine & Sabretooth, and the best part X-BABIES COMING SOON!!!

I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2015 on: July 21, 2006, 12:48 PM »
That hasn't been confirmed yet...same goes for the Army Builders (AIM, Hellfire etc)

I see 4 different Wasps...that is cool

Lots of Variants there

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2016 on: July 21, 2006, 12:49 PM »
and the best part X-BABIES COMING SOON!!!

Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer here, but according to what I've read this morning both the X-Babies and "Henchman" that were shown were brought along just to "show off", and it doesn't sound like they are coming out any time soon.  They were supposed to be packins with the "Bring on the Bad Guys" and "MODOK" waves, I believe, but they couldn't cost them out.  Hopefully what I have read is wrong, and they are indeed on the way.  Those henchmen are pretty nice.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2017 on: July 21, 2006, 02:11 PM »
Is the black-costumed Spiderwoman in the background a Select or Legend??  I know one of the exclusives at SDCC is the Select version in the black costume but that looks to be in scale ???  A chase figure down the road?

Zemo unmasked looks nasty :-X

What's up with two different facial sculpts of the movie Rogue (or is it just angle)?

MODOK is small for a BAF. 

Two Psylocke is a groovy thing, but are we looking at chase figures again?

Beta Ray Bill looks way better than expected :o

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2018 on: July 21, 2006, 02:54 PM »
Some pics are up of more of the upcoming Marvel Legends (and Icons) figures over at TNI.  Pictured are Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Phoenix (X3), Blob, Thor, Ult. Wolverine, Xorn/Magneto, and more.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2019 on: July 21, 2006, 03:25 PM »
Blob 8)

She-Hulk! ;D ;D ;D ;D  Yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaah, baby.  Woot!

I'd have to say it looks better than this one:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 03:34 PM by Morgbug »

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2020 on: July 21, 2006, 03:40 PM »
Anone here need the Giant Man series? I bought an extra one when I came across it in case the local ML collectors had as hard a time finding them as I did.  Just let me know, as I will be retunring them next week if I don;t hear from anyone.  Just trying to help anyone out that may need it.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2021 on: July 21, 2006, 04:15 PM »
Hasbro wave 2 looks much much better than the first wave. The Thor is amazing. My fav in the wave. Blob looks great as well, nice choice for a BAF.

I wish we could get the Frog Thor that Toy biz showed with the henchmen.  :-[
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2022 on: July 21, 2006, 05:09 PM »
You noticed that too?  I thought it was quite cool looking.  I rather liked all of the henchmen as well.  Not that I want to start army building with this scale or line, but having one is quite cool.  Just like having a regular Doom and a Doombot.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2023 on: July 24, 2006, 12:51 PM »
Just going through some of the coverage from Comic Con this weekend, and there are a few pics of the "Hasbro Panel" for Marvel over at TNI.  They show an assortment of "Marvel Heroes" figures, with Wolverine, Cyclops, Iceman, and Magneto.  I don't know for sure, but judging from some info on the forums these are a line for the kiddies - but I believe still in the same scale.  Maybe someone else knows more.

Otherwise, I think the initial offerings from Hasbro look pretty good.  They're continuing on with the line as it is, and covering many characters that we've been wanting to see.  The Spidey Origins at least offers a couple new/different versions of Spidey, and isn't much different than what we've seen from Toy Biz really (although, I was kind of hoping for some new villains/supporting characters in the line).  Anyways, just wanted to pass along the Panel info, it will be interesting to see what next year brings.

Edit: There's some info posted from the panel on the TNI Forums.  Here's a quote on the Marvel Heroes figures:

"The Marvel Legends is now considered 'collector driven' and they're starting seperate lines like Marvel Heroes and Spiderman origins based for kids. Expect main characters/repaints/action features in the kids line. Marvel Legends is now focused on the collector."

It also mentions that there won't be comics with the ML anymore, from what I am reading.  More at the linky.  Also, a summary written up (or you can listen to it) HERE.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 12:58 PM by Brian »

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2024 on: July 24, 2006, 09:14 PM »
Picked up the ML Wolverine w/ Motorcycle, my second Marvel Legends figure, at Target.