Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410907 times)

Online Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2235 on: November 22, 2006, 10:05 AM »
Interesting to note the Shocker wave of spidey figures showed up yesterday at the stores around here.  I believe I bought these back in September (or maybe late August) in Fargo, ND.  That would be about three months, so I guess ToyBiz/Grand Toys decision to not distribute the last two waves of ML up here was reasonable based on their timelines.  We'll see if they don't show up though.  I'm curious and now that we're approaching the US releases again, I wonder if some stores might have found ways to get them in. 

BTW, the conspiracy theorist in me says there is not nor will there be a variant of Psylocke.  I still cannot find anything on ebay outside of some pictureless "promise" auctions.  I'm wondering if the same can be said of the blue Wasp figure.  Same deal, no real auctions, though one guy is selling the scanning code for the case it supposedly comes in ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2236 on: November 22, 2006, 12:16 PM »
Looking at that list again, if there is no BAF or if it doesnt interest me, I may skip that entire wave. I really only see myself buying Marvel Girl, but even that is a stretch.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2237 on: November 22, 2006, 12:45 PM »
Looking at that list again, if there is no BAF or if it doesnt interest me, I may skip that entire wave. I really only see myself buying Marvel Girl, but even that is a stretch.

I would get her and the Storm. I am really not interested in the Astonishing X-Men figures.

I am really not happy with the Blob BAF. All the other figures have been ones that were in scale larger than the other charecters. Blob has always been FATTER than the figures, but never that scale larger than them. If anything I would like to see them do a Phalanx BAF instead because that would make more sense.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2238 on: November 22, 2006, 01:52 PM »
I would just like a Sentinel BAF sold on its own. I'd get a couple of them.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2239 on: November 22, 2006, 02:30 PM »
I would just like a Sentinel BAF sold on its own. I'd get a couple of them.

The way that series was set up I ended up with 2 Sentinels.

Omega Red & Mystique both had the lower torso section. I picked up the Angel & Cyclops variants so I ended up with 1/2 a sentinel and only had the lower and a leg together. So I picked up duplicates of Sinister, Spider-man & Black Panther and got the whole thing put together. Gave Spider-man to my nephew, sold Sinister at a garage sale for $2, and still have both Black Panthers that I don't want.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Online Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2240 on: November 22, 2006, 02:58 PM »
I know the feeling.  I have both variants and a spare mystique.  I'd need to snag duplicates of the others to finish it, so I have spare parts lying about right now.  I think I actually have yet another variant of Cyclops somewhere in a box too. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2241 on: November 22, 2006, 03:26 PM »
Our local WM has four pegs packed full of that Sentinel wave right now, and nothing else.  Well, aside from the Face Off packs, there are quite a few of those as well.  Which in a way is surprising, because they are very nice figures and a pretty good value.

I found the Spidey Origins stuff others have been seeing at Target today.  I was actually pretty happy to find these because I never got a Green Goblin from the movie line, and kind of hope to have a "complete" movie set (without Spidey variants) someday.  Now I just need to track down ones like J.J. Jameson and Mary Jane.  They also had the "Signature Series" figures, and I picked up the normal looking Spidey.  I think this is the only one I'll get from the line, but it reminds me a lot of one of my favorite (and first remembered) toys as a kid that I had, my MEGO Spider-Man.  The others didn't look too good to me though, the Symbiote Spidey looks like he's wearing pants (cuffs at the bottom).  No sign of the Shuttle at our Target yet, so I decided to pick one up.  They also had the Electro/Toxin wave, so that must be hitting Targets now too (I had only seen it at TRU previously).  Also, our Target has/had gotten the Mojo wave, and it seems like Longshot it sitting.  There's a couple there and at TRU, and nothing else from that wave.

Online Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2242 on: November 22, 2006, 04:47 PM »
Adding credence to my Psylocke variant doesn't exist theory (btw, thank you all for not outright stating I'm a loon) I was just looking at the backing card for the Iron Man figure and noted that the variants for Falcon, Iron Man and Zemo are all represented in the usual fashion - a small circle.  Neither Luke Cage nor Psylocke have these circles.  Has anyone seen the Luke Cage variant in other than Toyfare or other promotional representations??  And if those variants exist, why didn't Longshot get a variant, considering everyone else in the series did? 

crazily yours....

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2243 on: November 23, 2006, 11:50 AM »
BBTS got 14, 15, and the Face Off Series 2 packs in.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2244 on: November 23, 2006, 02:51 PM »
BBTS got 14, 15, and the Face Off Series 2 packs in.

Yep and my case of 15 should be shipping soon.  Come on variant case.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2245 on: November 26, 2006, 12:05 AM »
I saw the Modok wave today.  I was thoroughly uninspired except for Moon Knight.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2246 on: November 27, 2006, 10:11 AM »
Our local WM has four pegs packed full of that Sentinel wave right now, and nothing else.  Well, aside from the Face Off packs, there are quite a few of those as well.  Which in a way is surprising, because they are very nice figures and a pretty good value.

Is that just your Walmart, or is that a country-wide Walmart phenomenon? I'd like to get this wave, but the closest Walmart to me is about an hour away, so I'm just trying to decide if its worth the trip.

Where is your walmart?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2247 on: November 27, 2006, 11:03 PM »
I scored the regular versions of Face Off wave 2 today.  Very much liking Wolverine VS Sabertooth.  I always liked Sabertooth's original costume more than the one that got made in the Legends line.

The other two sets are cool, too.  Apparently Mandarin in the regular set does NOT have a removable helmet, so if you want to see his face you need to track down the variant.  Also, in the case of the Punisher set it seems to make more sense to get Jigsaw in regular clothes and not the Punisher's costume.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 02:20 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2248 on: November 27, 2006, 11:49 PM »
Adding credence to my Psylocke variant doesn't exist theory (btw, thank you all for not outright stating I'm a loon) I was just looking at the backing card for the Iron Man figure and noted that the variants for Falcon, Iron Man and Zemo are all represented in the usual fashion - a small circle.  Neither Luke Cage nor Psylocke have these circles.  Has anyone seen the Luke Cage variant in other than Toyfare or other promotional representations??  And if those variants exist, why didn't Longshot get a variant, considering everyone else in the series did? 

crazily yours....

In the most recent Toyfair, they have prices for this wave at the back. For the Psylocke and Cage variants, it says "Not yet available", so I'm guessing they aren't out yet.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Online Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2249 on: November 28, 2006, 12:11 AM »
Thanks, I caught that too.  I'm sticking with my conspiracy theory though.  It's more fun....until I'm proven wrong.  I'd like to see the variant Psylocke though, it's a cool looking piece.  One of the best makeovers of a character in comic book history.  From lame to  :o in more than one aspect.