Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 409712 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2003, 09:47 AM »
Mikey, may I suggest looking at page 8 of this thread... :-* Where I tell you the same thing and you say

Wow, I might pick that Spidey up.  I know I said in another thread I don't want variants of Spidey figs, but I still need a good Spidey to go with my Marvel Legends.  This might be it.

ADC ::) :P ;)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2003, 09:47 AM by OCB »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2003, 09:49 AM »
Oh and Julius Marx is reporting that Wave 7 of the Spidey Classics is out now (Green Goblin, Peter Parker and more ;))

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2003, 10:13 AM »
Mikey, may I suggest looking at page 8 of this thread... :-* Where I tell you the same thing and you say

Wow, I might pick that Spidey up.  I know I said in another thread I don't want variants of Spidey figs, but I still need a good Spidey to go with my Marvel Legends.  This might be it.

ADC ::) :P ;)

Well you did show a pic of the Rocketman Spidey with your post and since I'm a visual person, that's what I thought you were talking about.  At least get the pics right.  Yeash  ;) :-*

Here's to Scott, who was the first one to suggest the Parachute Spidey for a comic book Spider-man

And wave 7 is out already, I've barely seen wave 6 :o
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2003, 10:14 AM »
I just saw that they have a review posted over at Raving Toy Maniac of the X-Men Legends Box Set.  It doesn't look too bad for me.  I'd like to pick it up if I find it, but I'm not sure if I will bring myself to since I have the single releases of Magneto, Wolvie, Beast, and Gambit.  I really want the Beast with labcoat/glasses, and being an X-Men fan I'd like to get that Rogue figure as well.  I guess we'll see when and if I find it on the shelves in a few months.  Anyways...here's the review, with lots of pictures:

Box Set Review
« Last Edit: August 15, 2003, 10:14 AM by mosnab »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2003, 10:18 AM »
Also note though that I said that the Spidey shown is actually the Parachute Spidey and not Rocket Launch...

Just get the dang thing, he is awesome :-*

I'm going to pass on the X-Men set, Toy Biz has a penchant for rereleasing things (see LOTR line) so I'll just wait

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2003, 10:19 AM »

Just get the dang thing, he is awesome :-*

Agreed

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2003, 11:09 AM »
Oh and Julius Marx is reporting that Wave 7 of the Spidey Classics is out now (Green Goblin, Peter Parker and more ;))

I've spotted wave 6, but no sign of the new Daredevil or Kraven yet.  Anyone else get these, and if so, what do you think?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2003, 11:11 AM »
I just picked up Kraven a few days ago, haven't opened him yet.  Daredevil is awesome.  I am not a huge fan of the new mid-abdomen articulation.  It is a little loose and the figures sort of lean forward.

This DD is much more acurate than the first Spider-Man classics version, I like it much better.  A lot more muscular.  The movie version is also cool

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2003, 11:31 AM »
Speaking of Kraven and DD, do you know the case assortment, Scott?  I saw loads of the two Spideys and not a single Kraven or DD last night.  It doesn't suprised me, they would have been the first ones I would of grabbed.  It was the same way when Hobgoblin and Morbius were first released, hard to find at the beginning with more and more now showing up (although Morbius is still a little tough to come by)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2003, 11:43 AM »
Not sure on how many figs per case but if there are 6 it is

1x Kraven
1x Daredevil
2x Parachute Spidey
2x Rocket Spidey

If it is eight add two more spideys and 12 add 6 more

I am almost positive it is 1 Kraven and 1 DD, I am pretty sure they are cases of

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2003, 11:48 AM »
Figures, shortpacking of the figures everyone wants ::)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2003, 09:22 AM »
Anyone collecting Minimates?  I have the two Daredevil sets and the Hulk set.  I've been looking for the 6 packs at TRU but so far no luck.  I actually like the Kubricks better than these but will prbably be buying both

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/products/marvel/minimates/minimates.asp
« Last Edit: August 19, 2003, 10:00 AM by OCB »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2003, 09:57 AM »
Julius Marx has some pics up of Wave 7 Green Goblin and Peter Parker

http://www.aftimes.com/aslu/slu.shtml
« Last Edit: August 19, 2003, 09:57 AM by OCB »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2003, 08:51 AM »
Getting closer to catching up.  After looking for months for a Thing, I finally found one last night at a KB - which had about 8 of them by the way.  

Then I walked on down to Gamestop and found they still had their 50% off sale going on.  To my surprise, Beast and Punisher were included - I thought it was only older releases.  Since I already have a Beast, I picked up Mr. Castle for a measly $5.25 w/ tax.  Not too shabby.

Now the only ones I need are Toad, Dr. Doom, movie Daredevil (which I'll pick up at Gamestop for cheap), Gambit and Elektra.  If I find a Goliath, I'll buy him, but if not, I won't worry about it.

For anyone looking to pick up some older figs for cheap (and possibly new ones) try Gamestop.  You might get lucky.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2003, 11:44 AM »
Some new info on upcoming SMC, XMC, SM2 movie figs and HC:

from rtm
Spidey Movie 2 Figure Asst. 1: Twist n Shoot Spider-Man, Spiral Spider-Man, Web Climbing Spider-Man, Web Trap Spider-Man

Spidey Movie 2 Figure Asst. 2: Rapid Punch Spider-Man, Ultra Super-Poseable Spider-Man, Shoot n Slide Spider-Man, Aerial Flipping Spider-Man

Spidey Movie 2 Figure Asst. 3: Double Web Shooting Spider-Man, Kicking Spider-Man, Dr. Octopus w/ Tentacle Action (NOT available in first release cases), Spring Attack Spider-Man

Spidey Movie 2 Figure Asst. 4: Dr. Octopus #2, Spider Sense Spider-Man, Flipping Spider-Man, Spider-Strength Spider-Man

Spidey Movie 2 Deluxe Roto-cast 12” figures: Spider-Man and Dr. Octopus (Doc Ock may not be in initially released cases)

Spider-Man Movie 2 18” figure with over 60 points of articulation!

Spider-Man Movie 2 Ultimate Spider-Man 12” Inch: Water Shooting Spidey, Web Shooting Spidey

Spidey Movie 2 Web Shooter, Water Cannon, Web-ble Shooter (What the?), Web Disk Shooter

Spidey Classic Series 8: Missle Launcher Spider-Man, Bolo Spider-Man, Sewer Fighting Spider-Man, Carnage

Spidey Classic Series 9: Black Custome Spider-Man, Peter Parker Spider-Man, Robot Spider-Man, Ultimate Rhino

Incredible Hulk Fig Asst. 2: Punching Hulk, Absorbing Man, War Hulk, Robot Hulk

X-Men Figure Asst. 2: Pyro, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Wolverine

Marvel Manga Twist-ems Asst. 1: Walk & Slash Wolverine, Flipping Action Beast, Crawling Spider-Man, Bobble Head Hulk, Nunchakus Daredevil, Chopping Action Thing

Marvel Manga Twist-ems Asst. 2: Spider-Man, Wolverine, Daredevil, Blade ll, Dr. Octopus, Nightcrawler

to Carnage, Rhino, Pyro, Iceman, Nightcrawler, etc.

about the numerous Spideys and Wolverines.