Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413454 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2295 on: December 28, 2006, 06:55 PM »
Hasbro Marvel Legends have been found in the stores. Someone over at TNI has pics up.

I found a Demogoblin last night.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 07:54 PM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2296 on: December 28, 2006, 11:19 PM »
Anyone score some stuff from the Target clearance.  Only thing I saw were Icon Beasts for $7.48.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2297 on: December 28, 2006, 11:24 PM »
Hasbro Marvel Legends have been found in the stores. Someone over at TNI has pics up.

I found a Demogoblin last night.

Ooh, went and looked at the TNI pics.  Not good, not good.  Packaging is fantastic and that would be helpful if I collected plastic with cardboard inserts, but I don't.  I was leaning more towards Banshee and the White Queen and then maybe Hercules.  I think I'll live with the size difference of the Marvel Select White Queen rather than that piece of crap.  Banshee and Hercules I mightpick up, but until I see them in person, I won't decide.  

What a horrible start for Hasbro.  I know I crap on them a lot, but this is not a good start at all.  The packaging is stellar but the figures look horrid.  The BAF is the same size as a regular figure too (pics of that on TNI as well).  That's nuts: a decline in figure quality (sculpt, paint decisions), no comic and a mini-BAF.  Wow.   :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2298 on: December 29, 2006, 12:36 AM »
This wave sucks ass...it would have sucked ass as Wave 16 as well...its just bad top to bottom.  The Blob Wave is decent but someone decided to make them "comic looking" instead of how Marvel Legends have looked.  As such I only see myself picking up 3-4 more figures and think this line is DOA from all of the complaining I am hearing.  PLUS, they've already made pretty much everyone.  Outside of resculpts and the inevitable repaints, what is left to do that casual comic fan, Soccer Mom and kiddy will buy?  They might as well make everything Marvel Select and sell it to the geeks of the world in comic shops

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2299 on: December 29, 2006, 12:53 PM »
Picked up series 1 and 2 of the 2-packs for the Marvel Superhero Squad.  I was surprised to find some of the figures had more articulation than there Star Wars counterparts.  These should do well with kids so hopefully more are scheduled after series 4.  Im pretty disappointed that they chose to use the movie versions for the Spidey wave.

Series 1
Wolverine & Sabretooth
Iron Man & Hawkeye
Cyclops & Magneto
Angel & Colussus

Series 2
Daredevil & Elektra
Hulk & Wasp
Ghost Rider & Punisher
Iron Man & Thor

Series 3
Mr Fantastic & Skrull
Thing & Submariner
Torch & Silver Surfer
Invisible Woman & Dr. Doom

Series 4
Spidey & Green Goblin
Spidey Unmasked & New Goblin
Black Spidey & Sandman
Spidey & Venom

« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 01:31 PM by Jim »

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2300 on: December 29, 2006, 03:22 PM »
Picked up series 1 and 2 of the 2-packs for the Marvel Superhero Squad.  I was surprised to find some of the figures had more articulation than there Star Wars counterparts.  These should do well with kids so hopefully more are scheduled after series 4.  Im pretty disappointed that they chose to use the movie versions for the Spidey wave.

Series 1
Wolverine & Sabretooth
Iron Man & Hawkeye
Cyclops & Magneto
Angel & Colussus

Series 2
Daredevil & Elektra
Hulk & Wasp
Ghost Rider & Punisher
Iron Man & Thor

Series 3
Mr Fantastic & Skrull
Thing & Submariner
Torch & Silver Surfer

Series 4
Spidey & Green Goblin
Black Spidey & Sandman
Spidey & Venom

I have been looking, but haven't seen them anywhere. Where is everyone finding them?
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2301 on: December 29, 2006, 03:31 PM »

Series 1
Wolverine & Sabretooth
Iron Man & Hawkeye
Cyclops & Magneto
Angel & Colussus

Series 2
Daredevil & Elektra
Hulk & Wasp
Ghost Rider & Punisher
Iron Man & Thor

Series 3
Mr Fantastic & Skrull
Thing & Submariner
Torch & Silver Surfer

Series 4
Spidey & Green Goblin
Black Spidey & Sandman
Spidey & Venom

I have been looking, but haven't seen them anywhere. Where is everyone finding them?

Walmarts have wave 1 and 2 and TRU only had wave 1 in my area. Same price as the SW ones. The Ghost Rider and Punisher seem to be the most popular in my area.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2302 on: December 29, 2006, 07:43 PM »
I saw Wave 1 tonight at a local Target, so add them to your list of hunting destinations.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2303 on: December 29, 2006, 10:18 PM »
I saw wave 1 at a TRU about 2 days ago.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2304 on: December 30, 2006, 05:04 PM »
I picked up Bishop @ Wal*Mart for the clearance price of $5.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2305 on: December 31, 2006, 02:45 AM »
Scored some cheap ML Showdown figures tonight at Target. I got Green Goblin, Captain America, and Iron Man for $1.68 each, and I got the Magneto/Colossus and Thing/Spider-Man two packs for $3.18.

I picked up Silver Surfer earlier this week for $4 and change too. I wish I'd have bought that Beast and Juggernaut when I saw them, since they're long gone.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2306 on: December 31, 2006, 07:24 PM »
I saw the Spiderman Origins figures for the first time today. Venom and the Symbiote Spidey look pretty dang cool. 8)
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2307 on: January 2, 2007, 03:11 PM »
I've seen the Spider-Man figures at TRU, Wally and Target.  No sign of Hasbro Legends...I'd like to get Herc

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2308 on: January 2, 2007, 03:44 PM »
The origins hit up here too.  Didn't buy any and all of the current releases were on the shelf.  No interest for me in that line, but it was nice to see them up close to make that decision. 

Haven't seen the current Spidey figures yet though and I'd like to pick up the 2099 Spidey.  For the Legends I'm down to wanting Banshee maybe, but even at that I'll just wait and see if these float up to Canada.  Watching ebay for a Marvel Select Emma Frost rather than buying that thing.  I just really hope the second series, especially She-Hulk, doesn't look as wonky as Series 1.  Series 2 looked better in previews so hopefully that holds true. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2309 on: January 3, 2007, 09:32 AM »
No signs of the Hasbro Legends here yet either, although Target has all of the ToyBiz legends cleared out and gone.  Wal-Mart too, for that matter.  TRU is the only store carrying the ToyBiz figures at this point, and most of those are the Mojo wave with a couple from Onslaught/Modok.  I'm kind of kicking myself for not picking up that Thor Buster Iron Man, since that was the last piece I needed for MODOK, and our TRU is now sold out.  Oh well, maybe I'll pick it up down the road.  Target has all the ToyBiz stuff on clearance, but nothing great there really - a few Showdown figures that are tempting, but mostly the older ones.  Our stores in town (Target) never got the Icons in.

I did make a few finds over the Christmas season, picking up the variant Spidey Icon just before Christmas, and grabbing an Iron Spidey at Target last weekend.  I haven't seen the 2099 Spidey, but I'll probably pick that one up too if/when I see it.  Otherwise, not much interest in the rest of the Origins line at this point.  I've seen the villains at all three stores (WM/Target/TRU), as well as the Bump N' Go things, but this is the only time I've seen any of the Spideys.  Iron Spidey is the one I really wanted to pick up, so I'm glad to have found it.

Looking at those pics of the first Hasbro Legends, they do look a little wonky.  I'd like to pick up Hercules, but I'm not sure beyond that.  I had thought about getting Emma Frost, just to complete a little "Astonishing X-Men" team eventually, but I don't know if I can buy that.  I think it might just be Herc for me with this first wave, and I'm hoping that next wave(s) turn out a little better.  Like Scott mentioned, the lineup is just kind of crappy for this wave regardless of who released it.  I keep thinking that there can't be much else left to make that I would pick up, but I guess you never know.  I would definitely think that there would be less than 10 characters left that I would be interested in, but we'll see.  It would be ok to save the money too, and I still have a few past ToyBiz figures I wanted to get as well.  Definitely not thrilled with this first wave though.  On a side note, I have seen more of the SuperHero Squadron (Galactic Hero-ish) figures at TRU, Target, and Wal-Mart.  I picked up the Cap/Hawkeye pack, and kind of like it, I might grab a few of these.

Edit:  Oh, not sure if anyone is interested or not, but I noticed at our Wal-Mart yesterday (which is in the process of resetting the action figure aisles) that they have the Ghost Rider movie stuff in stock.  Just a heads up if anyone is looking for these, or a GR fan.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2007, 09:44 AM by Brian »