Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410872 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2625 on: April 9, 2007, 09:45 AM »
I don't know, when I saw HML2 at Wal-Mart last week, there was 1 each of each of the figures on the pegs - and no variants.  We stopped by to pick up some Easter stuff for our nephews on Saturday, and there was only one figure left - the "Ultimate" Wolverine, which wasn't a big surprise.  The head sculpt on that figure is pretty awful.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2626 on: April 15, 2007, 02:09 AM »
Hasbro survey, if you're so inclined.  I asked 'em why Emma looks like a man wearing a diaper:

http://www.hasbro.com/common/surveys/hasbrocollectors/hasbrocollectors.htm

Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2627 on: April 15, 2007, 07:21 PM »
Just a heads up that the FF4 Superhero Squad has showed up at retail.  Also looks like Hasbro is going to pump these out much like the SW line.  Saw these future wave listings.  New sculpts plus some repaints.  There are also a few more box sets as well as a Galactus coming. 

Wolverine / Phoenix
Beast / Iceman
Juggernaut / Nightcrawler
Thor / Loki
Gambit / Rogue
Iceman / Pyro
Torch / Annihilus
Thing / Moleman
Wolverine with Chopper
Ultimate Capt America / Nick Fury
Dr. Strange / Antman
Storm / Black Panther
Spidey 1 Goblin / Spidey 3 Goblin
Spidey / Lizard
Spidey / Scorpion

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2628 on: April 17, 2007, 07:17 PM »
I picked up Xorn and X3 Juggs today at WM. Not sure if Im gonna keep them though.  :-\
I remember my dream now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2629 on: April 18, 2007, 10:54 AM »
Hasbro's site has a pic up of the variant for the upcoming Icons Human Torch, if anyone is interested.  It looks like a Johnny Storm variant, just starting to "flame on".

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2630 on: April 18, 2007, 11:49 AM »
Still waiting on series 2 to show up here so I can snag my She-Hulk :-*

One of the local drug stores brought in the Monsters box set and after taxes it was only $16, so I picked it up.  They're supposed to be bringing in the Young Avengers set as well, but I'll pass on that one.

Even though we're mostly done with what could be done in this line, I'm still sad to not be buying some more figures.  Every time I go to the store and see Hasbro's wave one, I get mad about the Banshee/Emma Frost fiascos.  I know Banshee might not bug other folks as much, but that super thick neck just irritates me so much.  Wasted wave. 

Anyone have a Sentinel series spiderman, complete with sentinel part ;)  It's funny, I keep finding BAF parts around that have no real use.  I'm wondering if I can't assemble some sort of BAF monster with the various parts.  Would it be wrong to put MODOK's head on a Sentinel torso?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2631 on: April 18, 2007, 12:46 PM »
Still waiting on series 2 to show up here so I can snag my She-Hulk :-*

One of the local drug stores brought in the Monsters box set and after taxes it was only $16, so I picked it up.  They're supposed to be bringing in the Young Avengers set as well, but I'll pass on that one.

I hear that.  Been hearing reports of S2 at Wal-Mart, but that's nearly impossible for me to get to these days.  I'm just hoping I can find the Quciksilver and Yellowjacket variants in person. 

If your local drug store gets in the House of M boxed set, could you pick one up for me?  I try to get all of the Iron Man figs, but have yet to ever see that one at retail.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2632 on: April 18, 2007, 01:03 PM »
I'll watch for it.  At that price, I'd probably buy one for myself. 

My local comic shop did get it in and I saw it at a Walmart in Moorhead, MN of all places too, but that's last fall. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2633 on: April 19, 2007, 11:37 PM »
I saw Yellowjacket in person tonight.  Definitely one of the better pieces from the new wave.  But at the price that KayBee is offering HML for ($11.99 each), I'll be passing on this until I see it somewhere for a better price.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2634 on: April 20, 2007, 05:46 AM »
I saw Yellowjacket in person tonight.  Definitely one of the better pieces from the new wave.  But at the price that KayBee is offering HML for ($11.99 each), I'll be passing on this until I see it somewhere for a better price.

$12?!  That's crazy.   >:(
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2635 on: April 20, 2007, 07:42 AM »

Thanks KB !  :P

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2636 on: April 20, 2007, 08:25 AM »
Yet (oddly enough) KB is only charging $8.99 for the TAC Darth Vader and Coin Album.  Go figure.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2637 on: April 20, 2007, 09:00 AM »
Julius Marx is posting some "lost concepts" from ToyBiz over on his blog.  It is mainly things that ToyBiz had on the drawing board before Hasbro took over the license, but now will likely not see the light of day.  There are supposed to be updates over the next few days, but first up are sketches of Moon Knight (which we did see), and a BAF Absorbing Man.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2638 on: April 21, 2007, 01:36 PM »

$12.95 - $14.95 at regular retail up here.  The lowest they ever were is $9.99. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2639 on: April 21, 2007, 03:08 PM »

$12.95 - $14.95 at regular retail up here.  The lowest they ever were is $9.99. 

That's in Canadian dollars though, right?  What is that in US $?