Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413642 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2700 on: May 24, 2007, 11:23 AM »
Friends and Family box set would be great. It would be nice to get Aunt May and Mary Jane at least. I bought the movie JJJ becuase it was close enough. I figure we probably won't get another. I have passed on the peter Parker figures becuase they have been either movie related or from the ultimate universe. This exclusive however i am very excited for. Looks like there are about 6 items announced already i would like from SDCC. I should start the non-attendees beg for SDCC stuff  ;D since i am all over asking for CIV stuff.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2701 on: May 24, 2007, 11:28 AM »
I hope its a clear diamond She-Hulk or a Silver She-Hulk!  That would be great!  Then I can promptly add it to my list of stuff I'll never even consider getting.

I'll be right behind you on that.  If it is a FF variant, that'll be neat. 

Is the Stan Lee figure a Legends style or is it more the Mego-style type of figure?  I'd be up for the former for novelty sake, but not the latter. 
Stan Lee
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 11:28 AM by OCB »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2702 on: May 24, 2007, 11:37 AM »
Ok, this time I actually scrolled through all the pictures and you can see the body is hard underneath.  It had looked like a Mego-style when I'd only glanced at the first picture (trust me, my connection at work is really slow).  I'm torn on that one, it doesn't look that great from those pictures, but it's not like we'll see another. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2703 on: May 24, 2007, 11:38 AM »
You know I'm always on board for your family and friends boxset Brent :).  I really hope we see some of those figures down the road somehow, some way.  I still kick myself for never picking up the JJJ from the first movie line, even when I saw it a year or two later at TRU.  I'll eventually pick one up on ebay I guess, because I don't know if we'll ever see a comic styled one or not.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2704 on: May 30, 2007, 01:35 PM »
Anyone else see this? I believe it came from someone over at Fwoosh. Not much really to guess with but what do you guys think. It seems this is the same person who leaked the Brood Queen pics. My only guess which seems to make sense is Sauron for the BAF.

"Long time. No leak.

Since things have gotten a little slow in ML world, decided I should stop by with a few hints...Sorry, NO PICS this time...I ****ed off enough people with the Brood Queen/Black Knight pics last time, but here are some hints at what's to come...

ML4 will still have an 8 figure line-up.

5 characters are all new/never been done before in ML, while 3 are different versions of previously released characters.

The Line-UP:
1.) FA Storm - already said it
2.) Black Bolt - already said it
3.) only Avenger in this series
4.) Shiny!
5.) NON-616 character; (not from ultimate universe either)
6.) a marvel mainstay gets a new version
7.) an icon gets shrunken down
8.) Highly requested character! (sorry that's all you're getting...)
BAF: maintain that he/she/it's a 90's x-character...not strong guy.

For those that are worried about the future of ML, there are already future series for '08 in the works...some of which have already been sculpted. If the Fwoosh most requested countdown is any indication, then there'll be much love for the upcoming series with some unbelievable surprises.

For the skeptics...it's cool if you don't buy it...but come SDCC or whenever these are finally revealed, look back to these hints...

I'm out."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 01:36 PM by evenflow »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2705 on: May 30, 2007, 03:29 PM »
This thread at the Fwoosh has pics of the She-Hulk exclusive, and it looks to be a Lawyer She-Hulk/F4 She Hulk combo (or F4 She-Hulk with a soft good jacket and brief case to add.  There is also a different head sculpt.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 03:38 PM by Brian »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2706 on: May 30, 2007, 03:36 PM »
ML4 will still have an 8 figure line-up.

5 characters are all new/never been done before in ML, while 3 are different versions of previously released characters.

The Line-UP:
1.) FA Storm - already said it
2.) Black Bolt - already said it
3.) only Avenger in this series
4.) Shiny!
5.) NON-616 character; (not from ultimate universe either)
6.) a marvel mainstay gets a new version
7.) an icon gets shrunken down
8.) Highly requested character! (sorry that's all you're getting...)
BAF: maintain that he/she/it's a 90's x-character...not strong guy.

This is interesting, and I'll be very happy if we see a Black Bolt.  As for the others, its tough to say...

3. Only Avenger in this series - Tigra?
4. Shiny - Movie Surfer/Silver Samurai/Nova/Crimson Dynamo?
5. Non-616/Non Ultimate character - possible movie figure (X3 Angel?)
6. Marvel Mainstay gets a new version - Tough one, we just had a new Cap (Face Off), Hulk (F/O), Thor (ML), Spidey (everywhere), and Iron Man (F/O)
7. Icon Gets Shrunken Down - I hope Doom
8. Highly Requested Figure - Could be several different characters
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 03:41 PM by Brian »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2707 on: May 30, 2007, 05:04 PM »
This thread at the Fwoosh has pics of the She-Hulk exclusive, and it looks to be a Lawyer She-Hulk/F4 She Hulk combo (or F4 She-Hulk with a soft good jacket and brief case to add.  There is also a different head sculpt.

That is so awesome. I really want her and the Stan Lee exclusive. Hasbro has gone all out for their first ML SDCC exclusives.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2708 on: May 30, 2007, 05:23 PM »
Mmm, green goodness.  Different feet/shoes too?  Cool to get two decent Shulkie figures right in a row like that.  Unless of course this devolves into an Emma Frostian fiasco :-X  Must stay positive.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2709 on: May 30, 2007, 07:15 PM »
Mmm, green goodness.  Different feet/shoes too?  Cool to get two decent Shulkie figures right in a row like that.  Unless of course this devolves into an Emma Frostian fiasco :-X  Must stay positive.

We can only pray that Jennifer isn't another senseless victim of shrunken head syndrome.  :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2710 on: May 31, 2007, 03:25 PM »
According to the Comic Con exclusive page the She Hulk figure will be $14.99.  Just as comparison, Mattel has a DC Superheroes exclusive "albino" Man Bat for $25 and a Justice League 3 pack for $20.  Yikes.  $5 more is bad enough, I'm glad I don't really collect anything Mattel anymore.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2711 on: May 31, 2007, 06:57 PM »
I hope the Hasbrotoyshop have them on sale for those of us who cannot attend.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2712 on: June 4, 2007, 10:32 AM »
I noticed this weekend that the F4: Rise of the Silver Surfer product really seems to be scaled back this time around.  It might be due to all the focus on Transformers, Spidey, 30th Ann. Star Wars and all of that, but I know their "release date" was supposed to be June 2nd as well - and the product around here was slim to none from what I saw.  Target had the basic figures, but only two pegs worth I believe - and the "section" devoted to F4 wasn't any larger than that.  WM and TRU didn't have anything yet, and Target had about 7-10 basic figures, some of those rider things, and a couple of Fantasticars.  I know no one here likely cares about the smaller scale movie stuff anyways, but just interesting to see how little of it there was.  I have to admit, I did pick up the Silver Surfer figure.  I'm a fan of the Surfer, occasionally have a soft spot for movie figures, and the figure itself isn't so bad.  I wish it was all 6" just to be in scale with previous movie lines, but it will be nice to put with the 5" Spidey, Batman, Superman that I have from the other movie lines.  Anyways, just an observation, but there doesn't seem to be nearly the product explosion as there has been in the past.  That might be due to still being able to find the first movie's product though, and being sandwiched between Spidey and Transformers.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2713 on: June 4, 2007, 10:36 AM »
I have not seen much of it either. I only saw a Human Torch figure at Target, nothing else anywhere.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2714 on: June 4, 2007, 11:36 AM »
I saw the FF4 stuff this past weekend while hunting for SW and TFs. I will say that they are improved over the last ones but still not tempting enough for me. Sadly, there was no Surfer to be found. That figure I would buy...