Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413984 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2775 on: July 3, 2007, 03:31 PM »
HML Emma Frost (regular and "diamond" exclusive) - $2.50 each

Hmm, is it worth that little?   ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2776 on: July 10, 2007, 08:25 AM »
Pics of Hulk wave 2

Much, much better than the ****fest that was the movie Spidey wave.  I assume we'll see wave 1 and the big ass Chinese dragon in purple underwear at SDCC.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2777 on: July 10, 2007, 10:04 AM »
Looking much better than the spider-man wave. I am once again looking forward to the fantastic four wave and wave 1 of the hulk figures (FFF as well of ocurse).
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2778 on: July 10, 2007, 12:56 PM »
Pics of Hulk wave 2

Much, much better than the ****fest that was the movie Spidey wave.  I assume we'll see wave 1 and the big ass Chinese dragon in purple underwear at SDCC.

Valkyrie looks good - probably only one I would get from this line.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2779 on: July 10, 2007, 10:33 PM »
I'm thinking about picking up some of the newish Spiderman Origins figures, and would like to know if they are Marvel Legends scale.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2780 on: July 12, 2007, 12:34 PM »
Ordered a Spiderman Origins Venom and a movie line Ghost Rider off HTS.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2781 on: July 14, 2007, 07:38 PM »
Does anyone have access to the WM Silver Surfer ML?  My 3 stores never received any FF figs ???  If you can help drop me a PM.

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2782 on: July 16, 2007, 03:16 PM »
I haven't really been picking up much since Hasbro took over the license. However, I did manage to purchase a small collection of early/mid 90's toy biz x-men/x-men x-force figures over the weekend. Not that I want to start collecting that scale but they were just too cheap to resist.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2783 on: July 17, 2007, 02:52 PM »
Received my Spiderman Origins Venom and movie line Ghost Rider from HTS.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2784 on: July 19, 2007, 11:19 AM »
So are we in a summer lull or is the line in its death throes? 

It's impossible to gauge from what we see up north, we're still sitting on ML1 everywhere.  I've seen various internet rumours regarding the outright cancellation of wave 2 in Canada and heard of recalls of wave 1 south of the Border. 

My hope is we're looking at a glut of Spiderman3 movie toys (5" scale, ptui) plus transformers (and POTC, etc.) clogging up the pegs coupled with summer doldrums.  At least that's what it seems like, but it's been absolutely dreadful up here for quite some time.  I guess September will be more productive. 

It's just been funny overall around here.  I've barely bought anything of late, this line or anything else at all.  We still haven't seen anything beyond TAC wave 2 for star wars (no legends, etc.).  There's been hardly anything about save the movie based toys and other than online retailers I really haven't spent much money at all.  Weird [/digression]
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2785 on: July 19, 2007, 12:19 PM »
Yeah, things seem to be pretty slow on the Marvel stuff - aside from movie based things.  And that stuff is mainly sitting from what it seems.  I haven't checked the pegs individually, but there always seems to be plenty of stuff in the Spidey 3 and Rise of the Surfer sections.  Target already has lots of the Surfer stuff, including the Fantasticar, on clearance.  I think you're right Brent, there seems to be a slowdown in toys overall.  The action figure aisles are more "movie dedicated" than ever before with SM3, F4, Transformers, Pirates, etc.  Its funny how things have changed since the 80s - or at least it seems that way.  The toy aisle, like other things, have such a "flavor of the month" tone to them with kids these days.  We had things like Star Wars, G.I. Joe and Transformers be mainstays throughout most of our childhoods in some cases, and in the case of SW there was the same figures repacked for many years - and I don't remember ever having a problem with that.  Different times.

I do see some HML 2 once in awhile, but not in great numbers.  TRU is still choking on HML1 last I checked, although that may have changed.  We haven't seen the new Joes or anything like that here yet either, and TAC Wave 3 has been spotty at best.  Just a bit of a slow down right now, I suppose things will pick up around the time of the next reset(s).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2786 on: July 19, 2007, 01:43 PM »
S2 is starting to show up in force at Targets in Minnesota over the past 2-3 weeks.  I think this is just Summer lull, aided by the fact that W1 was on the pegs FOREVER and there's no new SW stuff to get excited about right now.  I think a lot of us are spoiled by the quickness of the new SW waves as well, but keep in mind that HML will only get through 3-4 waves per year, where as Star Wars is probably twice that.  ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2787 on: July 20, 2007, 01:41 PM »
I stopped by TRU today and actually checked the Marvel area for the first time in awhile.  It looks like Series 1 has either sold out, or they did a recall like was rumored.  The only Hasbro Legend figures they had on the pegs were a solid peg (overflowing) each of the 25th Silver Wolverine and the clear variant Emma Frost.  Otherwise, its still just leftovers from the last ToyBiz waves.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2788 on: July 23, 2007, 12:45 PM »
This thread has some boxed and loose pics of the SDCC exclusive She-Hulk.  I wouldn't mind getting one of these, just for the F4 "look", but I'll probably wait and see if HTS ends up having them online.  Otherwise, I can live without it.  Its been pretty quiet on the Marvel Legends front lately, as was mentioned earlier, hopefully we'll see more at SDCC.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2789 on: July 23, 2007, 01:17 PM »
Oh, and I finally got a look at those Hulk wave pics.  I don't know that I'll necessarily pick up any of these, but they don't look too bad overall as figures.  Definitely better than the Spidey movie wave looked, unfortunately.  Hopefully we'll get a peek at the Fantastic Four lineup or something else at SDCC.