Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413319 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2820 on: August 6, 2007, 01:15 PM »
I like all that was shown except for the movie spidey wave. I think they are terrible and the BAF sucks. Other than that wave i plan on keep buying.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2821 on: August 6, 2007, 02:53 PM »
Fwoosh is doing voting again post Comic-Con.  Should be interesting to see how the latest round of voting comes out.

What I'd really like to see is what my wish list from 3 years ago looks like now.  Its in this thread somewhere...

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2822 on: August 8, 2007, 09:59 PM »
I got my Stan Lee and She-Hulk in the mail today  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2823 on: August 9, 2007, 07:51 AM »
Got my she-hulk as well.  Much better figure than I was expecting!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2824 on: August 9, 2007, 09:20 AM »
MarvelousNews has a short article discussing the number of waves/figures for 2007 with Hasbro.  It does sound like we can indeed expect Series 3, the Spidey movie series, and the F4 series before the end of the year.  Wave 4 was delayed until 2008 so it wouldn't be "overload".

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2825 on: August 9, 2007, 11:08 AM »
MarvelousNews has a short article discussing the number of waves/figures for 2007 with Hasbro.  It does sound like we can indeed expect Series 3, the Spidey movie series, and the F4 series before the end of the year.  Wave 4 was delayed until 2008 so it wouldn't be "overload".

Yeah, there's no way people would buy more than 3-4 waves of figures in one year.   ::)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2826 on: August 13, 2007, 01:27 AM »
I am thinking of getting out of the ML line.  Just losing interest.  Any suggestions for how to best get rid of them.  I have almost every figure from Series 1 through 15, minus a few variants here and there. 

I just don't want to dump them piecemeal unless I have too.  Thoughts?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2827 on: August 13, 2007, 02:01 PM »
I am thinking of getting out of the ML line.  Just losing interest.  Any suggestions for how to best get rid of them.  I have almost every figure from Series 1 through 15, minus a few variants here and there. 

I just don't want to dump them piecemeal unless I have too.  Thoughts?

I've seen some pretty successful auctions on Ebay.  I'd sell them by wave - Series 1, Series 2, etc. to keep from having to list out 100 auctions.  Even if you don't have all the figures from that wave it helps frame up what's included and is a possible search tactic. Or you could group them by team (all of the Xmen together, Avengers, etc.)  Other option would be to list them out on a site like fwooshnet.com with prices per figure.  You might get more for some of the rares, but probably won't be able to get rid of most of them, whereas selling in a group helps ensure that they all go. 

If you have any of the following - I'd pick them up for a reasonable price:

S8 Black Widow (either version)
S1 Stealth Iron Man
S1 Gold Iron Man
S7 Phasing Vision

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2828 on: August 13, 2007, 02:06 PM »
Do you have a Destroyer?
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2829 on: August 13, 2007, 03:14 PM »
I don't have a lot of experience with selling a collection, but I think the advice is sound - you'd probably be better off selling them by wave or by some sort of a theme.  You'd get a lot of interest for individual figures I'm guessing, but you might be stuck with a lot too.  Then again, you never know, there's a lot of people who got into the line late and might be interested in a lot of those earlier figures as well.  I know I'm still looking for some earlier figures like Hawkeye :).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2830 on: August 13, 2007, 03:59 PM »
Heh, vultures. :D

I agree with Justin, selling by wave is the most likely way to not be stuck with some pieces.  I think you'd get decent prices that way hopefully, but I'm not sure if it's guaranteed.  I would contemplate selling wave 1 and 2 as individual pieces though, some draw very nice amounts by themselves.  Wave 3 and beyond though I'd go as entire waves. 

If you have any of the following - I'd pick them up for a reasonable price:

S8 Black Widow (either version)
S1 Stealth Iron Man
S1 Gold Iron Man
S7 Phasing Vision

Is there such a thing as a reasonable price for a Stealth Ironman?  I think the same might apply to the other variants in there as well :o

There was a store with a Black Widow about 1/2 hour south of me not so long ago, I'll take a look next time I'm in that town. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2831 on: August 13, 2007, 10:59 PM »
There was a store with a Black Widow about 1/2 hour south of me not so long ago, I'll take a look next time I'm in that town. 

Black Widow still at retail?  Wow!  If you can track her down, please let me know.  Thanks Brett!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2832 on: August 15, 2007, 12:45 PM »
I was just taking some time to read through some of the "I'm thinking of dropping Legends" thread over at Fwoosh - boy, it really seems like a lot of people are disillusioned with Legends at this point.  I'm sure it is a combination of things (Hasbro changes, character selection dwindling, DCU Classics, etc.), but I guess I'm a little surprised at how many people are ready to bail out - particularly ones that are "selling it all".  I'll admit that my interest has lessened somewhat as well, but a lot of that is due to them making the majority of what I had hoped to see (with some exceptions).  Sure, some of the Hasbro figures have been craptastic, but I guess I haven't disliked them quite as strongly as others have.  I'm looking to free up the budget a bit, so I'm thinking that by the end of this year, I may be about done with Legends as well. I'll pick up some of the Spidey movie figs, and probably then entire F4 wave - then there's a few figures I like in Wave 4 that I will likely get (Black Bolt, Tigra, Nova), but beyond that it might not be much more.  I'll fill out the Spidey villains/supporting roster as they get to it, but I might start devoting that part of the budget to DCU Classics (or just, I don't know, not spending it?).  Anyways, just thought it was interesting to see the down feelings on the line, is everyone here feeling much the same way?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2833 on: August 15, 2007, 02:34 PM »
I'll still pick up my Avengers figures as they come out, but I'm definitely not as into these as I used to be.  Where they heck are the W2 variants?  When is W3 coming out?  They could do a few basic things to get people interested again...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2834 on: August 15, 2007, 05:23 PM »
You mean like actually putting out some new toys to buy?  I could dig through the thread, but we have to be on 8 months or so with wave 1, a notably disappointing wave, sitting on the pegs.  What did we used to get, two, three, four waves per year? 

For me they screwed up the two figures I really wanted: Banshee/Emma Frost.  Some of wave 1 is ok but I don't want those figures and that BAF is not interesting to me.  Wave 2 still has yet to hit Canada other than at specialty stores that get shipments out of the US rather than Canada.  The US is stuck on wave 2 with a cool BAF, but too many figures required to build it (I vote yay for DC getting less figures is ok to build the BAF), especially if you're not an X-fan. 

I'm happy with my collection of ML.  I can see more things I want being made (like a decent Banshee :-X) but most of what I wanted is made and most of what I still want won't be made anyway (blatant friends and family plug) so why get fired up waiting on stuff that's not coming anytime soon?  Hasbro is pretty much dropping the ball on this line and I'm really quite baffled why they bothered grabbing it considering how little attention they seem to be giving it.  Oh sure, I get the whole movie franchise priority stuff but why pursue and obtain the line if you're going to let it languish? 

I guess my stance is thus:  I'm keeping what I have.  I like what I have.  There are more figures I'd like to buy, but between character selection, availability, time between waves, etc. my interest has waned.  They don't appear to be making much effort so I don't feel a need to either.  Other companies can have my money, that's ok by me.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.