Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 414255 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3030 on: January 21, 2008, 09:46 AM »
It looks like this thread at Hisstank has some pics of upcoming Iron Man movie and Hulk (comic) stuff on the way later this year, for anyone interested.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3031 on: January 21, 2008, 10:34 AM »
That stealthy Iron Man looks pretty sweet, as does the red and gold armored one.  Not such a big fan of Iron Monger or quick change tony - looks too cartoony to me.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3032 on: January 21, 2008, 11:36 AM »
They don't look too bad, but I don't have much interest in any of those versions shown.  I have more than enough Hulk figs and I'm just not that into Iron Man.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3033 on: January 21, 2008, 02:48 PM »
Hasbro has an Official Iron Man Site up now.  It looks like they are debuting a figure on there every week or so (there's two up there now).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3034 on: January 23, 2008, 03:37 PM »
I was just over at HTS, and noticed that they have a number of their Marvel Legends (as well as Icons/Titanium stuff) "on sale" for a couple bucks cheaper.  Probably not much anyone is looking for, but some of the Legends figures are $7.99 instead of $9.99, if anyone is interested.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3035 on: January 24, 2008, 10:20 AM »
Sorry for three posts in a row here, but this site has pics up of the first wave of Hulk Marvel Legends.  I think we've seen some of these before, but for now there are pics up of the following:

King Hulk (Planet Hulk)
Son of Hulk
Doc Samson
Red King
Valkyrie
Hulk (Ed McGuiness Style)

Seems like conversation has been slower in the "Marvel Toys" area lately, but there really hasn't been much new out for quite some time now.  Still waiting on "Wave 4" at this point (plus the standpoint where so much has been done/made already I guess).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3036 on: January 24, 2008, 01:34 PM »
The Valkyrie figure rocks - this will be a good pick up for customs.  I have no idea why she's mixed in with the Hulk set though - has she been in recent Hulk comics?
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3037 on: January 24, 2008, 03:13 PM »
When does HTS put Sunfire on sale?
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3038 on: January 27, 2008, 01:29 PM »
The Iron Mana figures look really good.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3039 on: January 28, 2008, 10:27 AM »
Anyone's stores clogged with clearance wave 2 Hasbro ML?  I'm still hoping to get the last pieces to build Blob.  I still need the Xorn, Juggernaut, Wolverine and Jean Grey pieces.  Ugh. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3040 on: January 28, 2008, 10:44 AM »
Anyone's stores clogged with clearance wave 2 Hasbro ML?  I'm still hoping to get the last pieces to build Blob.  I still need the Xorn, Juggernaut, Wolverine and Jean Grey pieces.  Ugh. 

Haven't seen these on clearance, but those figs are at almost every Target around here if you want them at full price.  I still have yet to see W3 figs or FF ML figs at retail.  ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3041 on: January 28, 2008, 10:45 AM »
I still have yet to see W3 figs or FF ML figs at retail.

You know, I've never seen the F4 or Spidey 3 waves anywhere but Wal-Mart, and I think Wave 3 is just now starting to show at Target.  I'm curious if the F4/Spidey waves will be "skipped" at the other retailers (at least here), and go straight to Wave 4 when it is released.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3042 on: January 28, 2008, 11:13 AM »

Haven't seen these on clearance, but those figs are at almost every Target around here if you want them at full price.  I still have yet to see W3 figs or FF ML figs at retail.  ::)

Well if they go to 50% off, think of me please. 

Xorn and Juggs are down to $7.99 on HTS.com (or were last night) but that's still not cheap enough for me.  I'm thinking $5 is about right though still on the high side. 

We haven't seen any of the 6" spidey figures up here in the hinterlands, only the 5" scale I'm afraid.  As for the FF figures, forget it.  I think our retailers are too stubborn to order anything that might be related to a movie other than Spiderman.  Everything else has sat way, way too long.  I know the FF figs aren't technically movie figs, but they were released in relative proximity to a movie, so that'd kill it too as far as our retailers are concerned.  Thankfully I needn't worry about those anymore.   :)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3043 on: January 30, 2008, 10:03 PM »
I saw the ML Spider-Man Movie figures at Target around Christmas. Sadly I was broke.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3044 on: February 1, 2008, 03:18 PM »
I saw this pic on the Fwoosh forums, which is apparently from a Hasbro guide that was given out at UK Toy Fair.  It shows the rest of the Hulk wave, including a She Hulk, Absorbing Man, Wendigo, a Hulk (End), and the Fing Fang Foom BAF.  Not the greatest picture in the world, but I'm sure we'll see these at Toy Fair in a couple weeks as well.

EDIT: I see later in that Fwoosh thread, it is said that the Foom pictured in the guide is actually someone else's custom that Hasbro must have used.  I don't know, just what I'm reading :).
« Last Edit: February 1, 2008, 03:23 PM by Brian »