Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 409713 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2003, 12:33 PM »
Josh was nice enough to hunt down and pick up Colossus for me, so I'll be getting him in the mail long before he hits the shelves in Alabama.  8)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #106 on: January 2, 2004, 09:04 AM »
The Target that we frequent has revamped their toy aisle as well now.  They had lots of Spidey 2 stuff, as well as more pegs for the Star Wars line.  I was able to pick up Colossus here as well, and they had many of the other ML 5 figures there too (Sabretooth, Surfer, Mr. Fantastic).  I haven't opened Colossus yet, but it sure looks great....I really think you get a pretty fair value for the $6.94.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #107 on: January 2, 2004, 12:10 PM »
Wal-Mart had Sabertooth, Mr.Fantastic, Silver Surfer, Nick Fury, and 1 Colossus no Red Skull or Blade!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Fettish Sez Thanks

Marvel Legends
« Reply #108 on: January 2, 2004, 05:38 PM »
I just got back from Target and saw some new X Men, Hulk, and Spider Man figs?

Scott, these are probably the ones you mentioned. There was 1 Wolverine in a package similar to those $1.97 TRU X Men figs that were on clearance about 2 years ago. They actually looked pretty decent. In addition to the Spider Man movie figs, there was some trenchcoat "Fix it All(?) Hulk".

Abomination, while not at the store but on the card back, looked ******* SWEET!

Also, I will go ahead and make this my official plea. If someone would be kind enough to pick up a ML Blade ($6.99-$7.99 PR), please let me know!
« Last Edit: January 2, 2004, 05:40 PM by Cory H. »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #109 on: January 2, 2004, 09:25 PM »
Wal-Mart had Sabertooth, Mr.Fantastic, Silver Surfer, Nick Fury, and 1 Colossus no Red Skull or Blade!

This is EXACTLY like every single store report I've seen of Marvel Legends series 5.  Weird.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #110 on: January 2, 2004, 09:35 PM »
yea, i havent seen 1 Blade or 1 Red Skull it is weird. BUt something tells me that Mr.Fantastic, Nick Fury, Silver Surfer are gonna be huge pegwarmers, they already are!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2004, 09:53 AM »
Not exactly Marvel Legends, but I decided to pick up the new Spidey 2 super duper hyper ultra articulated Spiderman figure this weekend (or whatever it is called).  I just wanted to have one Spidey to go in my Marvel (X-Men) collection, because outside of the X-Characters, he was my favorite comic/character.  This figure really is amazing, and the number of poses you can achieve with the articulation it has is outstanding.  I would highly recommend it if you're looking for a nice Spidey fig.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2004, 10:17 AM »
On the local news (Minneapolis) last night they did a feature on Steve Kiwus of Eightball Studios.  He's a local Toy Sculptor who did a ton of work for Toy Biz on both the LOTR and Spider-Man movie lines.  They showed him sculpting a Storm (Legends or X-Men Classics perhaps???) and a lot of his past work (Mary Jane, Movie Spider-Man etc)

Well, I found the Eightball website this morning and its chock full of some protos and hardcopies...I don't recognize a lot of the figures but I'm not a huge into the past of Marvel collecting either so maybe these are mostly old.

Perhaps someone can look through these though and spot some as yet unreleased or canceled toys.  Otherwise, take a gander at the awesome work Steve did...

http://www.eightball-studios.com/comics/index.html

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2004, 11:46 AM »
A couple of different rumor lists for Waves 6, 7 and 8 are floating around. These come from etailers who are getting order sheets from Toy Biz, Toy Biz is denying this and said all will be revealed at Toy Fair...I think they are pretty close to the real deal

ATB70385 Marvel Legends VI with Comic Book
Available - July 2004!

Contains:
Brown Costume Wolverine @3
Cable @2
Deadpool @1
Juggernaut @2
Movie Punisher Figure @3

Possible Substitute Chase Figure - Phoenix

ATB70385 Marvel Legends VII with Comic Book
Available - September 2004!

Contains:
Weapon X Wolverine @3
Ghostrider @3
Apocalypse @1
Hawkeye @1
War Machine @2
Stealth Armour Iron Man @1

Possible Substitute Chase Figure - Black Widow

ATB70385 Marvel Legends VIII with Comic Book Available - November!

Contains:
Ultimate Captain America @2
Iron Man Modern Armour @3
Ice Man 1
Storm @1
Not Confirmed @3
Dr Strange @1

Possible Substitute Chase Figure - Vision

ATB70385 Marvel Legends Fantastic Four Box Set Available - August 2004!

Contains:
Mr Fantastic
Invisible Woman
Human Torch
Thing
Frank Richards (FRANKLIN)

ATB70385 Marvel Legends Spiderman & the SinisterSix Box Set
Available - August 2004!

Contains:
Spiderman
Doc Octopus
Green Goblin
Scorpion
Sandman
Rhino
Chameleon

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2004, 12:59 PM »
I saw that list last week.  For now, I'll take it with a grain of salt.  Wave VI really seems suspect.  With the exception of movie Punisher, everyone's a X-Men or X-universe character.  Why do this when you just put out a seperate X-Men classics line?

Now that doesn't mean I don't like the choice of characters (expect for the numerous Wolvies).  Juggernaut - fantastic.  Deadpool and Cable should look pretty good.  Apocalypse.  Hawkeye.  Both excellent choices.

And a Sinister Six box set would probably be the first box set I'd buy.  Spidey's rogues gallery are second only to Batman's IMO and I would definitely shell out $50 for a seven figure highly articulated set with Spidey and his greatest foes.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2004, 01:15 PM »
I love the boxed sets!  They certainly help explain the lack of the Invisible Woman in the series.  Having not bought the Torch yet and not opened my Mr. Fantastic yet, I am pleased with the set.  Heck, my daughter loves playing with old Ben Grimm so it's just a big win for me.  The spidey box sounds fantastic as well.  I will buy it the second I see it.

I'm not so keen on their chase pieces.  Phoenix and Black Widow are ok as chase, but Vision is too important to leave as a chase, much the same as Red Skull.  They should be regular figures, easy to access.  

Series VI is, um, ok.  But I'm not so keen on Cable or movie Punisher.  Deadpool is fine, but not overly a Legend IMO.  Juggernaut is bloody brilliant, but I suspect they will not use enough plastic.   :-\

What's up with Series VII?  Another Wolverine?  Why?  No other characters to make? ::)  Ghost Rider?  A new sculpt or just again?  No real need is there?  Isn't he still readily available?  I know I saw several in Grand Forks last month.  Apocalypse and Hawkeye are super choices, but War Machine?  Um, I'm dredging the memory banks to remember this character, never mind Legend status.  Blech.  And I can only presume Stealth Armour Iron Man is a repeat.

Very strange goings on.  I think they need to decide whether this is just an X + line or a Marvel Legends line.  Are there going to be separate X-men figures?  Are they of Legend status?  Same comments for the spidey line.  I am not satisfied with the current spiderman line at all.  They are ok, but not quite the same quality (IMO) as the Marvel Legends stuff.  Kraven, Daredevil and Morbius all earned the distinguised pass from me.  I do not pass on many toys, so that cannot be good.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2004, 01:20 PM »
Yeah, the lists are a little bit surprising.  I am a fan of X-Men, but I don't totally understand why they continue to put a lot of those figs (particularly Wolverine) in the Marvel Legends lineup.  I am, however, really excited at the possibility of a Juggernaut figure, as well as Ice Man, Storm, and Apocalypse.  I'll be curious to see pictures of what's coming, can't wait for Toy Fair.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2004, 02:11 PM by mosnab »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2004, 01:24 PM »
There is a new Ghost Rider movie coming out next year so that would explain that one...I hate the inclusion of Movie figs in this line (ie Blade, Daredevil etc) I agree on the chases Brent, stoopid Toy biz.  I really think these lists are close too, two different etailers are soliciting the same figs, they might not be 100% but I'd say 95% close

There are still a ton of figures I would want (Top 10 here):

1. Scarlet Witch
2. Moon Knight
3. Black Panther
4. She-Hulk
5. Kang
6. Ultron
7. Bullseye
8. Kingpin
9. Wonder Man
10. Quicksilver

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2004, 01:38 PM »
I'm also a bit peeved, these may be "Legends" to those people who read comics continually, and maybe my say isn't the best since I stopped reading comics in 1987 but all of this movie and 90's X-Men stuff isn't "Legends" to me as many have said that's what the X-Men line is for.  

And if this is the lineup...I'll only be getting:

Marvel Legends VI

Contains:
Brown Costume Wolverine
Juggernaut

Possible Substitute Chase Figure - Phoenix

Marvel Legends VII

Apocalypse
Hawkeye

Possible Substitute Chase Figure - Black Widow

Marvel Legends VIII

Ultimate Captain America
Iron Man Modern Armour
Ice Man
Storm
Dr Strange

Possible Substitute Chase Figure - Vision

ATB70385 Marvel Legends Fantastic Four Box Set Available - August 2004!

Contains:
Mr Fantastic
Invisible Woman
Human Torch
Thing
Frank Richards (FRANKLIN)

ATB70385 Marvel Legends Spiderman & the SinisterSix Box Set
Available - August 2004!

Contains:
Spiderman
Doc Octopus
Green Goblin
Scorpion
Sandman
Rhino
Chameleon

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2004, 01:44 PM »
Ick. Frickin' chase figures. Like I needed another reason to want to get out of this line.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk