Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413576 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: 2011/2012 Marvel Legends
« Reply #3345 on: January 24, 2012, 04:19 PM »
Anyone finding these yet? I know they are out but no luck for me. I am interested in all of wave 1.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: February 1, 2012, 05:27 PM »
I hit TRU to check out the SW stuff today, and was surprised to see a couple of the new Legends on the pegs.  They only had Iron Man and Klaw, and I currently have the wave preordered at BBTS, so I passed for now instead of trying to pick up the rest individually later.  They were priced at $17.99 each.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3347 on: February 2, 2012, 09:49 PM »
Hit up 2 Targets and a walmart today in search of these since they are cheaper than TRU at 14.99, but still no luck.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: February 2, 2012, 10:42 PM »
I'm tempted, as I'm a sucker for good sculpts and they all have a nice bit of personality, but I'm probably going to stick with the smaller stuff for now. I just don't have the space, though I may make and exception for A-Listers that I'm missing, and any new Spider-man villains. Otherwise, gonna try to resist.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: February 3, 2012, 10:01 PM »
Saw these at TRU today.  No Thor or Regular Iron Man, but they had 2 Stealth Iron Man.  I was tempted to get Stealth IM, but too basic for my tastes.  Thought about Hope as well, but she just didn't appeal to me.  The only one that really looked good to me was Rodgers, but I passed on him too at $18.  Will probably snag him somewhere down the line though.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: February 12, 2012, 09:12 PM »
Not much new shown for this line at Toy Fair either, but that's fairly typical for most lines it seems.  I'm curious how many waves we'll get this year overall, it seems like they've only talked about three overall.  I did get my Wave 1 set from BBTS last week, and I thought the figures were pretty nice.  I did get the Stealth version of Iron Man (that's the only one I've seen at TRU as well), and the blue version of Ghost Rider.  Pretty nice figures though.  Even though I don't really have a lot of room for them, I am glad that Legends is back.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: February 13, 2012, 11:15 AM »
I passed on that Blue Iron Man a week or so back - looks too simple compared to all the other 6" Iron Man figs I have.  I was tempted to get Steve Rodgers, but will wait on a sale for him.  Not a whole lot of new coming out of this line, but I definitely will nab a few figures here or there.  I really really really like the John Walker figure, and this will save me countless hours of bidding on Ebay customs for one of the last Avengers I still need. 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3352 on: February 17, 2012, 12:31 AM »
Used the DCPI trick today and the girl, who was very cute although that has nothing to do with the story, was bringing me the figures out and i saw the manager grab her as she was coming through the door. She wen back in and then came back with only four figures in the wave. I am guess the manager wanted Ghost Rider and Hope Summers for himself. 2 more to go before Terrax is complete.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: February 17, 2012, 09:46 AM »
You should have slipped her your number and then tell her to get the rest.  :-*

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: February 17, 2012, 11:33 AM »
Damn, I saw the pack with Terrax' head and axe and it looked sweet. I just can't justify the expense to build the only figure I want. Will have to look for one on eBay I guess...he came out great.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: February 17, 2012, 11:47 AM »
Damn, I saw the pack with Terrax' head and axe and it looked sweet. I just can't justify the expense to build the only figure I want. Will have to look for one on eBay I guess...he came out great.

You can have my spare parts.  I will eventually get Rodgers and maybe a few of the other Avengers.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3356 on: February 17, 2012, 05:10 PM »
You should have slipped her your number and then tell her to get the rest.  :-*

And that's why I am single at the moment, never even crossed my mind. I was more annoyed that I didn't get a ghost rider haha. On a side not, got the 2 I needed today.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: February 20, 2012, 08:39 AM »
Found my set yesterday at Target.  It's great to finally see Legends return to the shelves.  I refused to buy the Universe figures out of protest (and not wanting to start another collection in another scale), so it's been a long time since I bought a Marvel figure (other than the occasional two pack).

Terrax was one of my biggest wants and he doesn't disappoint.  He's going to look great on the Galactus / FF / Space shelf.  Klaw's a little disappointing in his size, but at least it's good to get another classic villian on the shelves (same with Constrictor, although I like him better.  Must be the better costume).  Steve's got a big noggin and seems to be oversized just a tad.  Hope's ok I guess, but I don't really know who she is as I'm more of a DC comic reader nowadays.  Iron Man I only really bought for the BAF piece, but it's a good representation of the Extremis armor. 

Wave 2 looks even better.  Two members of the Wrecking Crew, probably my biggest wants in the line over the years, 2 classic female villians in Madam Masque and Viper plus a classic villian BAF.  Bucky Cap is looking good also.

Time to start thinking about rearranging the shelves as I'm quickly running out of room between all the Marvel and DC 6" figures I have (with a **** ton more coming).
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: February 20, 2012, 09:17 AM »
Hey Mikey,

Want to sell your Iron Man?  That and Rodgers are the only ones I really want from this wave and I don't need the packaging or BAF piece.  Let me know if we can work something out. 

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: February 29, 2012, 11:39 PM »
Spotted some of these between Walmart and Target.  The Hope Summers figure is really nice, and so is the Ghost Rider figure.  Not really digging the rest and not buying any.  Cool, but not my thing.  Still, I would think Legends fans must be really geeked about this line coming back with some strong offerings.

E...

"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"