Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413582 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: 2011/2012 Marvel Legends
« Reply #3450 on: January 4, 2014, 01:31 PM »
Still looking for the spider figures, especially the variants of course. Found the Cap figures at Target.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: January 17, 2014, 11:11 AM »
All-New X-Men 5 Pack, coming to TRU in February ($85).  Kind of cool, even if you aren't into the current comics, it is a nice set of the original X-Men as well:

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=16925

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: January 17, 2014, 06:07 PM »
Not an X-Men guy, but that set looks pretty cool.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3453 on: January 21, 2014, 07:27 PM »
Not into those costumes. I wouldn't mind the beast figure but not at the price they are up for now. It's a pass.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: February 12, 2014, 01:50 PM »
Has anyone come across the Spiderman Legends Arachnid figure yet?  I feel like I keep seeing these replenished at Target, but never any Spiderwoman or Black Cat figs.  Surprised they are selling at all given the $20 price point.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: February 12, 2014, 09:51 PM »
All-New X-Men 5 Pack, coming to TRU in February ($85).  Kind of cool, even if you aren't into the current comics, it is a nice set of the original X-Men as well:

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=16925

Were I still collecting the six inch stuff I'd be all over this.  But the price point is kind of terrifying since it would be even more north of the border. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #3456 on: February 16, 2014, 05:59 PM »
Picked up a Black Cat at Target today, which was great since I didn't think I'd ever see one at retail. If anyone's interested in the Goblin torso piece, LMK. I only plan to get Cat, Electro and Spidey from this series, so I won't be using the BAF pieces.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: February 17, 2014, 11:27 AM »
I nabbed a Black Cat last week too.  Pretty cool figure, though the $20 price tag was tough to stomach.  Any idea when Arachne (Black Costume Spiderwoman) comes out?  Julia is a must for my avengers, though I do have a cool custom 6" of her already.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: March 14, 2014, 01:24 PM »
Grabbed Toxin at Target today.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3459 on: March 14, 2014, 01:57 PM »
Got Boomerang and an extra Toxin today. No sight of Spider-Girl. I will try to trade the Toxin for her.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: May 9, 2014, 01:45 PM »
Looks like there may be an (as of yet) unannounced wave of Legends on the way, with an X-Men theme:

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=17506

The scan shows Stryfe, Magneto, Cyclops (Marvel NOW), Storm (Marvel NOW) and an unmasked Wolverine, with a Build a Figure Jubilee (which was shown earlier with a different wave, that was never released).

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: May 11, 2014, 03:38 PM »
Looks like there may be an (as of yet) unannounced wave of Legends on the way, with an X-Men theme:

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=17506

The scan shows Stryfe, Magneto, Cyclops (Marvel NOW), Storm (Marvel NOW) and an unmasked Wolverine, with a Build a Figure Jubilee (which was shown earlier with a different wave, that was never released).

This post actually made me realize that there's no figure line based on the upcoming X-Men movie.  That's actually something of a big deal.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: May 11, 2014, 05:29 PM »
This post actually made me realize that there's no figure line based on the upcoming X-Men movie.  That's actually something of a big deal.

Was there one for X-Men: First Class either? I know there were X-Men: First Class/Wolverine: First Class Comic 2-packs released by Hasbro but they had nothing to do with the movie.

Maybe Hasbro doesn't view the X-Men movies as kid-friendly as the other Marvel stuff...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: May 11, 2014, 07:20 PM »
The standalone Wolverine movies had at least something in terms of figure offerings.  The first Wolverine movie's figure line was more wide ranging.  The second one, not so much.

Even the third X-Men movie, The Last Stand, didn't have much of a toy line.  But I do seem to recall a Juggernaut and Jean Grey from that movie that made their way into the Marvel Legends line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: May 12, 2014, 12:39 PM »
Yeah - the figure line for X-Men Origins: Wolverine at least had a couple of figures (Logan, Sabertooth & Deadpool) that were based on the movie - but a lot of that line was comics-based. I also believe that was Hasbro's inaugural 3.75" Marvel line.

For The Wolverine - they had that pitiful line that were 100% comics based - none of them had any basis on the movie itself, it seemed like that line just tried to capitalize on the movie being in theaters.

I find it very odd that Thor: The Dark World can have a bigger toy line than ANY X-Men movie - maybe it's a "sign of the times" kind of thing or maybe it has something to do with licensing contracts and film rights and whatnot. Maybe Hasbro has the license to make figures from Disney/Marvel and Sony produced Marvel movies but not 20th Century Fox ones...

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!