Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413594 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Legends
« Reply #3540 on: July 30, 2016, 04:15 PM »
Found, and bought, the Civil War 3 pack featuring Spider-Man and battle damaged Iron Man and Captain America (with masked and unmasked heads). The paint apps are fantastic! It was pricey at $60 but I recently found an old gift card from Christmas that had about $20 on it, so I got it for a steal.

I just saw that at Target for the first time today.  Not a bad set, but I feel like I already have enough versions of those same characters.  There is another Legends special pack on the shelves - War Machine and Concept Iron Man.  I hadn't heard about that one.  I passed as well - the War Machine is awesome, but again, I already have have a dozen War Machines.  The concept Iron Man was also not anything to write home about.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: July 31, 2016, 03:26 PM »
I saw that set as well. The War Machine is cool but the Iron Man was lame. Day-Glo Orange?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: August 2, 2016, 01:18 PM »
As far as the SDCC showings go, I thought it was another killer presentation for the Legends brand.  After a rough start when they took over the license, Hasbro has really been firing on all cylinders the past few years with the Legends line.  I recently got the X-Men and Spidey waves from BBTS, and some of the figures in there are among the best I've gotten - specifically the females in the X-Men wave.  All of them looked pretty great though.  As far as the SDCC reveals, we've got tons more on the way it seems.  We've still got another Cap wave, followed up by:

Dr. Strange (Dormammu BAF)
Dr. Strange
Dr. Strange (Movie)
Baron Mordo (Movie)
Nico Minoru
Iron Fist
Brother Voodoo
Enchantress

Spider-Man
Green Goblin
Jackal
Spidey 2099 (Modern)
Black Suit Spider-Man
Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
Spider-Man UK

Guardians of the Galaxy (Titus BAF)
Angela
Darkhawk
Nova (Sam Alexander)
Vance Astro
TBD (Movie Figure)
TBD (Movie Figure)

X-Men (Warlock BAF)
Colossus
Dazzler (Disco)
Cyclops (Jim Lee)
Polaris
Sunfire

Also shown were a new Sue Storm (with Herbie), Mary Jane Watson, Monica Rambeau, Netflix Punisher, Netflix Jessica Jones, and a possible Dark Phoenix figure.  So much goodness, and really hoping that get that Mary Jane figure right (waiting for a comic MJ for awhile now, hopefully classic Gwen Stacy isn't far behind either).

« Last Edit: September 2, 2016, 10:46 AM by Brian »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: August 5, 2016, 12:24 AM »
I spotted the X-Men wave at a local Walgreens today (everything but Deadpool and Wolverine)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3544 on: September 1, 2016, 03:11 PM »
Dr. Strange
Dr. Strange (Movie)
Baron Mordo (Movie)
Nico Minoru
Iron Fist
Brother Voodoo

Dr. Strange wave is up for pre-order at Entertainment Earth - $159.99 with free shipping.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: September 2, 2016, 10:25 AM »
Dr. Strange
Dr. Strange (Movie)
Baron Mordo (Movie)
Nico Minoru
Iron Fist
Brother Voodoo

Here we go with you female action figure haters!  No love for the Enchantress?   ;)  There's an Astral Form Doc Strange in this case to get us to 8 figures as well.

I'm not willing to go the case route this time, but if anyone finds an Enchantress at retail, please grab or stash for me.  I'ld like one to go with my Thor figures as they are sorely lacking any Asgardian baddies. 

From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: September 2, 2016, 10:48 AM »
Actually, since my last post, Enchantress has been added to this wave, so that's my mistake. I think that the figures are evenly packed, although I'm not sure on that.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: September 2, 2016, 01:18 PM »
Actually, since my last post, Enchantress has been added to this wave, so that's my mistake. I think that the figures are evenly packed, although I'm not sure on that.

Correct.  Its the 6 listed plus Enchantress and Astral Form Strange for a full set of 8.  I was just teasing that she was left out of your initial list. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: February 5, 2017, 01:47 PM »
One of our local Walmarts had a bunch of their Legends stuff down to $5 a pop, so I picked up a Valkyrie for the hell of it. Will display with the 4" version I bought randomly at 5 Below months ago.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: February 20, 2017, 10:43 AM »
I feel like I say this after each Toy Fair or Comic Con, but wow there is a lot of Legends goodness coming this year. Where the Star Wars brand sort of takes half the year off, and continues to produce fewer "smaller" characters, Legends seems to be embracing it all.

Two Guardians waves, more Spidey, more X-Men, plus neat exclusives. Netflix figures (DD, Elektra, Punisher), a Spidey/MJ two pack, Cyclops/Dark Phoenix two pack, Star-Lord/Ego two pack, A-Force multipack, Groot Evolution exclusive, Tombstone, classic Beetle, Moon Knight, and more. Another expensive, but great, year.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: February 20, 2017, 02:47 PM »
I'm really impressed with the Legends offerings on the way.  I don't collect much of the Spidey or X-Men stuff, but the A-Force pack and the Mary Jane/Spidey 2 pack look amazing.  I'll get a few of the Netflix characters like Daredevil and Elektra - I already have an awesome Jessica Jones custom, and have been eyeing customs of the others, so glad there's an official release on the way.  I hope the remaining two figures are Power Man and Iron Fist - not sure who else they'd make unless they go with some baddies.  The Walgreens Sue Storm looks like a must have as well.  The Guardians wave is solid, but a lot of rehash from Volume 1.  I don't need another Gamora or Starlord, but the improved Rocket looks good and happy to finally get a Nebula figure.  Stinks that Mantis is the BAF as I don't want to buy most of these.  I might hold out to see if I can get them on clearance like the original wave.  I was worried Marvel might be taking a back seat in the coming years, but sure doesn't look like it.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: February 20, 2017, 04:04 PM »
Yeah I'm pumped for most of the Spidey stuff.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #3552 on: March 16, 2017, 03:55 AM »
Not sure if it's important, but I saw a few of the new X-Men figures at Walgreens today while I was hunting for Transformers. Anyway, they had Cyclops and Sunfire, and they're $11.99 this week with card, which I assume is a Rewards card or something.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: March 16, 2017, 04:55 PM »
Nice to see that wave out already along with the Guardians figures.  Not sure I Want anything from it though.  There aren't any characters I care that much about - Shatterstar always looked cool, but I Stopped reading New Mutants around the time he was coming on.  I like Polaris, but the figure is very blah.  Old Man Logan is probably the best of the bunch, but I don't know what/who I would display him with.  Swing and a miss on this wave, though for $12 they're pretty hard to pass up.

Offline Pongoo

• Jedi Initiate
  • Opener
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: March 23, 2017, 11:13 AM »
Went on a multi-Target run today and found most of the Xmen wave and some Sandman wave along with the Guardians 2 wave. But have yet to see Space Venom wave at retail. ???
-Francis