Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413461 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #345 on: June 17, 2004, 06:22 PM »
I'm kind of hoping that Abomination and Absorbing Man get rereleased in the Legends line, along with Archangel and Cyclops. They all have uber-articulation, and are a little more Legendary than Blade, IMO, plus they're all massively shortpacked.

Makes sense to me, anyway. I just looked at ebay, and the Hulk shortpacks are going for $60 or more. Insanity.

Oh, one other thing. If there are 100 each of Goliath and Red Skull on ebay, are they still chase figures?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #346 on: June 17, 2004, 09:27 PM »
Maybe we'll see the Hulk figs and XMC you mentioned in box sets at the least later on.  Here's hoping anyway.  And does anyone else want a ML Mary Jane?  That doesn't suck?  

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #347 on: June 17, 2004, 09:48 PM »
Mmm, Mary Jane.  A Comic book Mary Jane, that's well done.  Yes sir, I do want one.  I want a Death of Gwen Stacey box set.  

I managed to score an Archangel off the spawn.com board for a very reasonable price.  Also got Mr. Fixit in the deal.  The guy was fortunate enough to pick up an abomination for himself, but as stated, short packed so I ran out of luck.  Pity.  

I could see a Hulk box set down the line.  Need a minimum of four figures, so not sure how they'd work it.  Abomination and Absorbing Man (Crusher Creel - cool name) and one of the Hulks - smart Hulk?  What would be the fourth figure though, another Hulk wouldn't be terribly logical, though they are present in sufficient numbers and cool enough looking.  Is there another series planned, add the villain from that series?

Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #348 on: June 17, 2004, 10:18 PM »
I read at TNI that Hulk and X-Men Classics are dead. (Gee, who would have figured Marvel characters couldn't carry four toy lines? Didn't work to well in the 90's IIRC)

I think the best boxed set for Hulk would be Abomination, Absorbing Man, some Hulk, and Doc Samson or something. But, I'm sure TB would never stick the baddies in the same box. They're ********, and they're not stupid either.

I actually found Archangel twice at retail. I bought one but left the other for another. Should have picked it up for a trade, but littleplasticmen has both Cyke and Archangel in stock, so I don't think I could have gotten much for it.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #349 on: June 17, 2004, 11:13 PM »
Yeah, the Hulk and X-Men lines died a quick death.  Too bad for the Hulk line, since there were a few good things in the mix.  I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't make a decent grey Hulk other than Joe Fixit.  While that's a notable part of the grey Hulk's saga, I kind of liked the period right after the grey Hulk re-ermerged.  Especially the issue where he fought Wolverine.  I hope they at least revisit that incarnation of the Hulk in Marvel Legends.  As cool as the Marvel Select grey Hulk is, I don't think it's a good rendering of the Hulk from the period I'm mentioning.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #350 on: June 18, 2004, 09:56 AM »
Maybe we'll see the Hulk figs and XMC you mentioned in box sets at the least later on.  Here's hoping anyway.  And does anyone else want a ML Mary Jane?  That doesn't suck?  

I would love a good comic version Mary Jane.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #351 on: June 18, 2004, 10:05 AM »
I think it would be really nice to have a good comic version of MJ as well.  It is nice that we have the Spidey Classics line for stuff like this, but hopefully they will start releasing a few more bad guys, and big supporting characters like MJ, instead of a thousand different Spidey variations.  I realize there will and probably has to be some sort of Spidey in every wave, but the rest could be baddies and other characters.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #352 on: June 18, 2004, 02:10 PM »
Saw the Marvel Select Thor today.  Cool figure!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #353 on: June 18, 2004, 02:14 PM »
Not exactly "Marvel Legends" figure news, but for those who are interested...Marvel.com updated their site to a new look today, and if you visit their biographies section, it has been revamped as well....kind of neat.  Sorry a bit off topic, but thought some of you might be interested.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #354 on: June 18, 2004, 03:13 PM »
Toy Biz is making progress with their casepacks. Someone at TNI scored a case of tee new Black Spider-Man wave and said Rhino was packed 2x per case.

Not perfect, but it'll do for now.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #355 on: June 18, 2004, 03:17 PM »
I just about crapped my pants today.  I stumbled into sears and saw an assortment I hadn't seen for a while.  The carnage group, but sadly it was gone.  Not so sad when you consider it was 12.99 :o

I think a few of the local retailers will kick it up in the next week for the movie, I just hope they don't overload on the movie stuph.  

In Hulk news I bid on creel on ebay.  One with no bids and a start price of $25.  More $$ than brains with that one.  Having ebay buying withdrawl.  HOping someone comes in and outbids me on that one.   ::)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #356 on: June 18, 2004, 09:44 PM »
Well that was the longest 53 hours of my life.  Stopped by TRU today and picked up both a black spiderman and a Rhino.  

I'm inclined to agree with Scott, the originals were better.  I think the logo on spidey is off in the second version and the rhino's mesh/chain mail undersuit seems ridiculous.  Still, local, Cdn dollars and no shipping, hard to argue with.  

Happy that's over, now to find the Scorpion down the road.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #357 on: June 19, 2004, 09:53 AM »
Still need Abomination.

As for the Spider-Man line, I like the first line better. Here's looking out for Scorpion.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #358 on: June 21, 2004, 09:12 AM »
I have only picked up the "super-poseable" Spidey from the Spider-Man 2 line so far, but after reading THIS REVIEW over at mwctoys.com, I'm awfully tempted to get this magnet version just for fun.  Some of those poses look pretty cool, the magnets must be fairly strong.  Has anyone picked this figure up yet?

Photo taken from review at Michael Crawford's Review of the Week (www.mwctoys.com).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #359 on: June 21, 2004, 11:11 AM »
Hmmm, magnet version eh?  Interesting.  Could be good for the office.  

The third wave of spidey figs showed at Walmart over the weekend, so we're right up to date on those.