Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410814 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #435 on: July 20, 2004, 02:38 PM »
Picked up Black Spidey today at TRU, nice figure, better than the first...another figure goes into the box of shame >:(

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #436 on: July 20, 2004, 07:24 PM »
Picked up Black Spidey today at TRU, nice figure, better than the first...another figure goes into the box of shame >:(

What the hell is that thing attached to his back?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #437 on: July 20, 2004, 10:17 PM »
Can anyone tell me if the SC Daredevil and ML Silver Surfer share the same base body?  I'm thinking of it for a custom and it's cheaper to get a Daredevil for me than it is the Surfer for some reason.

Thanks!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #438 on: July 21, 2004, 12:04 AM »

Really?  Based only on the pics, I was inclined to prefer the other.  Why do you like this one better?  

Not that I'm unhappy to hear it, I have no reference figure to check the new one against, but since I have the latter, I am curious as to why you say that?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #439 on: July 21, 2004, 12:36 AM »
The other one is too skinny IMO, this one has the newer articulation as well.  

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #440 on: July 21, 2004, 07:26 PM »
This might be a little off topic...but last night we were picking up some supper from a sandwich place in town (Mr. Goodcents), and on the counter above where they make the subs, they had a ML Silver Surfer figure.  Although I only had a couple of comics where he made an appearance (when I was a kid), I always thought this figure was kind of neat.  Seeing it opened, in person, it looked pretty cool to me.  I've never had anything other than Spidey/X-figures, but I'm tempted to go pick this one up if he's hanging out at Target or Wal-Mart.  I've been wanting to delve deeper into the ML line, so maybe this would be a good chance to before I pick up the FF, Avengers, etc.  Anyways, what do you guys think of this figure (if you have it)?  Is it a good pick up?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #441 on: July 21, 2004, 09:10 PM »
I have the Silver Surfer figure. It was the first figure from the fifth series I bought.
I like it, though I really haven't read any Surfer comics until Marvel's recent relaunch of the title.
I bought it because I'm a big fan of Joe Satriani's Surfing with the Alien album.

I do wish the board detached from the base. That would have been a better idea than a Howard the Duck pack-in.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #442 on: July 22, 2004, 12:49 AM »
Truth be told, I bought it for the Howard the Duck figure :-X  Not that much of a fan of Silver Surfer.  Always seemed a little too anal to me.   ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #443 on: July 22, 2004, 12:22 PM »
I finally got my Abomination and it rocks!
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #444 on: July 22, 2004, 12:25 PM »
Sounds like ToyBiz wasn't there last night, should be today though.  Hopefully they'll have some Wave 9 goodness

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #445 on: July 22, 2004, 02:45 PM »
I caved and bought the new Rhino and black costume Spiderman.  Bad collector!  You already have the SC versions!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #446 on: July 22, 2004, 04:02 PM »
I caved and bought the new Rhino and black costume Spiderman.  Bad collector!  You already have the SC versions!

For some ungodly reason, Target has started to clearance this wave already.  Of course, this happens after I buy them at TRU for full price.  A week later I found the entire wave for $3 and change.  :o  Did pick up the Cyber Spidey.  I thought it would make a cool combo piece with the Mecha Hulk.  Might go back and pick up the SI Spidey to get a Peter Parker figure.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #447 on: July 22, 2004, 04:05 PM »
TNI has coverage up of Marvel Legends at Comic Con.....a nice surprise...Dr. Strange!...more coverage HERE

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #448 on: July 22, 2004, 04:07 PM »
Pictures still trickling in....but I also spy Sandman!  This is one figure I've been hoping they would make.  Woo hoo.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #449 on: July 22, 2004, 04:20 PM »
Strange and Nightcrawler were pretty heavily rumored for Wave 9...pics aren't loading for me.  Loks like TNI is getting JD.com circa yesterday nailed :P