Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410817 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #525 on: September 11, 2004, 10:24 PM »
I can't believe it!  I actually found the FF Box Set with the chase version of the Invisible Woman in the middle of the afternoon in a WalMart.  Sweet!

Nice find, I wish i could get that lucky.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #526 on: September 11, 2004, 11:38 PM »
It  was sitting right there on the overstock shelf.  I couldn't believe it myself.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #527 on: September 13, 2004, 09:21 AM »
The Wal-Mart nearest us had the Fantastic Four boxset on Friday this week as well.  At one time I really wanted to pick this up, but have since had to scale back my figure buying (outside of Star Wars).  It was still quite tempting, since I didn't have any of the characters.  I did dig through them just to see if they had the variant set, to help someone else out.  No dice.  They did have about 6-8 sets on the shelves overall though.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #528 on: September 13, 2004, 11:47 AM »
A TRU near me had two FF box sets.  Both Invisible Womans were missing.  ::)  Go back to this same TRU recently and both sets were no longer there.  I hope somebody didn't buy them.

This TRU did have a SS box set.  Didn't pick it up because I was low on funds. 
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #529 on: September 13, 2004, 06:38 PM »
A TRU near me had two FF box sets.  Both Invisible Womans were missing.  ::)  Go back to this same TRU recently and both sets were no longer there.  I hope somebody didn't buy them.

This TRU did have a SS box set.  Didn't pick it up because I was low on funds. 

A truly invisible woman :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #530 on: September 17, 2004, 03:40 PM »
Haven't been able to talk the Mrs. into this set yet, but just to help anyone who hasn't picked it up yet...I see that KBToys.com has the Sinister Six boxset in stock for $39.99, which is $5 cheaper than Amazon anyways.  I don't know what it goes for at retail (hasn't shown up here), but if you want to save a few bucks, might be worth a look.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #531 on: September 17, 2004, 04:38 PM »
Bah, KB hate Canada.  Morgbug smash KB ::)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #532 on: September 17, 2004, 07:35 PM »
I think the target near me just got a case of Wave 1 from Hulk Classics. VEry odd, of course no Abomination.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #533 on: September 21, 2004, 09:26 AM »
I can't believe it!  I actually found the FF Box Set with the chase version of the Invisible Woman in the middle of the afternoon in a WalMart.  Sweet!
Found the same...same spot too on the top shelf.  I'm going to return my regular set and pick up a Movie figures probably for Sue...otherwise I would extra Things, Franklins, Herbies, Fantastics and Dooms if people want them

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #534 on: September 22, 2004, 01:21 PM »
Marvel Legends 7 is shipping now through DiamondComics!   I've read these will be nowhere near as scarce as the Marvel 6 has been which is good because I can't wait to get Hawkeye, Vision and Iron Man

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #535 on: September 22, 2004, 02:49 PM »
Huh, six has been much more prevalent up here than most of the previous series.  Not that the case pack helps, but I've had no problem ever finding Wolverine or movie Punisher ::)  Juggernaut and Cable have been a little tougher.  Phoenix and Deadpool have been bloody ridiculous ::)  ****, there's maybe only four Phoenix in my trunk right now ;D  She's certainly been a bitch to get. 

Still can't decide on deadpool.  I have a spare, but should I open it or not????  Interesting figure for sure, but a Legend? 

Back to Seven.  Any word on the case packs?  I've been reading that Vision, regular and chase are both absurdly hard to find.  Is this the case (obviously with the chase) or is it just another "Phoenix" situation?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #536 on: September 22, 2004, 02:54 PM »
Brent...I'll take a Phoenix, I was on the fence on her but I found Juggy...next box OK?

The case pack reported was:

Weapon X x3
Ghost Rider x3
Iron Man x3
Vision x1
Hawkeye x1
Apocolypse x1

This was for comic shop types so I would guess TRU will be different.  I read that not all TRU's even got 6 while all of them will be getting 7

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #537 on: September 22, 2004, 03:14 PM »
It's been odd up here with 6, but more retailers have carried it than any other series.  The only store I haven't seen it at?  Walmart ???  Even Sears has it, I may have to go get that Phoenix I hid :P  Pretty much all on bilingual cards, which is no matter for the openers.  Wonder if Canada was a target market for these?  Series four was around in abundance, but five was a dog and hard to find.  Hmmm. 

Still, it may dry up quickly if 7 is shipping relatively soon.  Glad I found what I have. 

Phoenix is put aside Scott, no worries there.  Kind of wondering if our new friend wants one, given all the questions, but I guess he'll pipe up if he does.  Still haven't sent Nick his, but at least it's put aside too. 

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #538 on: September 22, 2004, 03:52 PM »
I'd be interested in a Phoenix if you have an extra, Brent.

Man that case pack sucks...the coolest figure shortpacked.  Shouldn't be a suprise though.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #539 on: September 22, 2004, 04:53 PM »
I see no problem, but I better go check the trunk, lest I run out of these while I'm still promising them to people.  Best go back to Sears too.  I do hope you open as well, Mikey.  These seem to have been packed underneath the Juggernaut figures, so a mint package is rather hard to come by.