Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413720 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #675 on: November 22, 2004, 09:56 AM »
Sorry, it's Monday and I'm sleepy yet, so I'll ask.   Regarding the pack in figure: do you get a piece of it with each figure in a series and then assemble it, or is there just one huge ass figure in each case?  I know it's there stated in black and white, but I'm just not gettting it. 

BTW, our TRUs are littered with Namor and Beast, no clearance in sight.  Ever ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #676 on: November 22, 2004, 09:59 AM »
Correct, a piece of the larger figure is packed in each of the smaller figures.  You'll have to buy them all to assemble the larger figure (which sucks for non-completists)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #677 on: November 22, 2004, 10:15 AM »
Thanks Scott. 

Interesting idea.  As you say, it sucks for non-completeists (me) but I don't think it is an unreasonable approach.  The figures are relatively inexpensive given what you receive (contrast with a basic SW figure around the same price point) and if you're now going to end up with a Sentinel (anyone army building :P) or Galactus, well that's just too cool to pass up on. 

Here's hoping the character selection with these pack-in bits is better than it has been of late.  Ya gotta think they're about done with Wolverine figures for this line, aren't they?  Please :-\ 

The thing I really worry about is possible re-releases: Cap basic, Iron Man basic, etc.  I hope they at least modify versions.  But I can see this becoming annoying if they start that all over again.  I really only need one version of most figures (though meekly I admit to owning at least two wolverines :-[). 

The worst possibility is that they pack in a final piece with the chase piece.  You know, can't complete Galactus without getting chase whomever? >:(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #678 on: November 22, 2004, 10:18 AM »
I don't think there will be chase figures, however, there probably will be variants, as such you'll get extra pieces of figures that will be of no use.  Rumored variants for 9 are Hover chair Prof X, Some type of Bullseye variant (movie perhaps) and the Grey/Green Hulk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #679 on: November 22, 2004, 10:29 AM »
 ???

Semantics?  Chase/variant.  Short pack versus more short packed?

Looking back over the series lists I'm going to have a hard time swallowing this concept.  You're right about the non-completeists, it's going to be tough.  Not every figure is all that desirable.  Series 9, eh?   

Anyone find a spare Scorpion?  Anyone wanna help me out getting the Sinister Six box set?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #680 on: November 22, 2004, 10:32 AM »
Well chase would mean like Kubricks, Red Skull and Goliath only packed in 1 out of every 8 cases.  Variants are still packed in one out of every 8 cases but their counterpart in the line is still common and readily available (Phoenix/Dark Phoenix...Vision/Phasing Vision etc)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #681 on: November 22, 2004, 10:53 AM »
Gotcha.  Same but different :-*

I consider them the same, because the only difference is that ToyBiz pulled their head out of their ass and made the chase figures like the original Gold Ironman: a variant of a figure already in the line.  Only Goliath and Red Skull were truly dumb releases with them being "major" characters with no regular version "widely" available.  They just drifted away from common sense for a short period of time. 

I've come full circle on chase figures: I used to love the concept, but now hate it more than just about anything else in toys.  McFarlane at least made them prevalent enough that the after market price drops to not much above retail, in most cases.  Not so with ML stuff, nothing has been overly common. 

I still revel in Christmas from two years ago when Walmart here loaded up on ML and I found 4 Gold Ironman figures :o  I had similar luck finding 3 Doombots, but nothing since that time.  Goliath from you and Red Skull from a guy on the spawn board.  But I refuse to pay premiums for any of the variants.  I'd love to have a red Phoenix as it is a unique and important version, but oh well :-X

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #682 on: November 22, 2004, 10:56 AM »
I was lucky enough to trade for the Phasing Vision and I'll be picking up the Cap Variant in 8 but for the most part I don't care.  I've been choosy with this line for the most part and I'll continue to be.  I might try and get a Galactus but the Sentinel does nothing for me since I've never been a big X guy. 

And you may have 3 wolverines now :-X :)  Bwaaahaaahaaahaa

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #683 on: November 22, 2004, 11:08 AM »

And you may have 3 wolverines now :-X :)  Bwaaahaaahaaahaa

:'(

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #684 on: November 22, 2004, 02:01 PM »
BTW, our TRUs are littered with Namor and Beast, no clearance in sight.  Ever ::)

If Namor goes on clearance I am interested in one.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #685 on: November 22, 2004, 02:22 PM »
Ive got this fellah sitting around here collecting dust if anyone needs him:

I'm not certain why I purchased him. I'm not a big X-Fan.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #686 on: November 22, 2004, 02:43 PM »

Duly noted suh.  Only way I'll buy one as well. 

Thanks Kevin, but no thanks.  I have one, had two, had to give up the original base just to unload one.  I now only have the box set, X-disc stand.  Kinda sucks cuz that was a nice base, but no way am I buying ANOTHER Magneto just to get the base.  Blech.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #687 on: November 22, 2004, 02:50 PM »
****, if you need the base, I'm sure we can work somthing out. All the base is doing is collecting dust with the Spider-Man bases. I can give Magneto to my cousin afterwards.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #688 on: November 22, 2004, 05:21 PM »

Duly noted suh.  Only way I'll buy one as well. 

Thanks
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #689 on: November 28, 2004, 04:45 AM »
Well Series 8 Marvel Legends are on eBay already. Almost 100 bucks for a Storm with Mohawk. ::) Even though they are in the Far East they are still crazy prices.

I still cant find any Series 7. Well except Weapon X  >:(
I remember my dream now.