Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 415518 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #690 on: November 28, 2004, 09:48 AM »
Well Series 8 Marvel Legends are on eBay already. Almost 100 bucks for a Storm with Mohawk. ::) Even though they are in the Far East they are still crazy prices.

I am glad I dont like any of the chase figures in this wave.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #691 on: November 29, 2004, 10:55 AM »
We were working on digging out the Christmas decorations this past weekend, and came across a box of stuff from my childhood that my parents had given me.  I found one of my favorite toys from my childhood - "Secret Wars" Spider-Man.  I knew it was in the house somewhere, but wasn't quite sure.  I was happy to find it though, one of my all-time favorite toys...and although a little bit of the paint is worn off, he is displayed proudly on my desk right now :P

Along the same "Spidey" lines....I wanted to ask all of you, out of all the Spidey figures that have been out over the past few years (Spidey Classics, ML Box Sets, Movie figures), which figure do you think is the best one available (action figures, I mean)?  To cut back on non-Star Wars collecting spending, I'm really trying to focus in on the "best" versions of my favorite heroes or misc. characters.  I currently have the parachute Spidey for a comic version, as well as the black costumed Spidey, and a couple different movie versions.  I always liked the Super Articulated Movie version, but was wondering which "red and blue" spidey you feel is the best one out there to have as your "definitive" one, if that is possible.  I've heard many people liking the one included in the Sinister Six set, but I missed the boat on that one (at least for now), and unless it goes on clearance, probably couldn't really afford it anyways.  I think the "Snap Shot" one in the regular line is basically the same figure, without the web wings and different coloring (and maybe shoulders?).  Anyways, I'm babbling now, but which do you feel is the best version to have of the ole webhead?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #692 on: November 29, 2004, 11:08 AM »
I have Parachute Spidey and me likee

I also bought the recent Black Suit Spider Man with Hang Glider

And, lets see, I have the Sinister 6 Spider Man and the Super Articulated Movie Spider-Man 2 and that should be it. 

I've heard good things about Snap Shot as well but I'll stick with the one I have until I hear otherwise and they come

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #693 on: November 29, 2004, 11:19 AM »
I have the series one blue spidey, it's very nice.  I also have the blue/red spidey that came with the gargoyle (series one, maybe two?) and it's pretty cool, possibly my favorite, but the colours are quite subdued compared to a comic version. 

I have the black one that Scott mentioned and it's nice. 

I have the original movie version and then the more recent S2 movie version, which is super nice too. 

Still wanting the S6 box set though (which is now on Amazon, but is listed as out of stock ::)) very badly.   :-\  Not so much for spidey, but for the must have villains. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #694 on: November 29, 2004, 11:23 AM »
I was thinking this morning for some reason of villains I still want to see in the Spidey Classics Line with Sandman and Mysterio coming I could think of:

Vulture, Shocker, Chameleon and Hobgoblin (classic version)

I also want a Kingpin but feel he should be a Marvel Legend

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #695 on: November 29, 2004, 12:16 PM »
Kingpin is so very overdue given we have what, 4 daredevil figures (yellow, red, movie, spiderman line cardboard), 2 Elektras and now Bullseye?  I think we're seeing a bit of obesity based discrimination going on here. 

Sandman and Mysterio are going to be fantastic additions.  I also like that list.  Vulture is a must have with interchangeable heads for old and young.  Shocker is ok, I suppose.  Chameleon is great.  I would love to see a classic Hobgoblin, repleat with garrish orange costume, that would be cool.  Wouldn't replace the current Hobgoblin though, IMO one of the best sculpts from the Marvel lines. 

What about Tombstone?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #696 on: November 29, 2004, 01:31 PM »
I like your list as well Scott, and agree with you guys, Kingpin is looong overdue.  I'm really surprised he hasn't shown up in ML yet, hopefully he will in the not too distant future.  Glad to see the likes of Scorpion and Sandman joining the ranks (as well as Mysterio).  Those, in combination with the Sinister Six set and the upcoming ML Doc Ock would make a pretty good lineup of Spidey's foes.  Just a few left, which you guys have named, and I think we'd be pretty well set.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #697 on: November 29, 2004, 01:35 PM »
So where can the Sinister Six pack still be found?  In spite of trying to remain patient in hopes of a clearance on Amazon (which may happen with the FF box, since they are still in stock and at which point I would buy them) I am now starting to get nervous.  I MUST HAVE these figures, no question about it.  They are just too important to the line to pass up.  I could skip a few, but not all.  Doc Ock is replaceable and I already picked up Black Cat on ebay for the girl. 

Has anyone found the new Scorpion figure?  No sign here though retailers are trying to finally unload the Spiderman stuff that is hanging on the pegs.  I may have to finally pick up the Peter Parker figure too. 

Speaking of the Fantastic Four box set, what a pain to have to unload a Doom, another Thing.  I wish they'd release the box sets up front, but I suppose they understand their market better than that.   ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #698 on: November 29, 2004, 01:55 PM »
I was wondering that too Brent.  I missed (or skipped, due to lack of funds) it when it was online at Amazon the first time, and hoped that it might show up again later on (preferrably at clearance).  We haven't had any show up in stores around here, although I have seen the Fantastic Four set at Wal-Mart a few times (not sure if they have it anymore though).  I guess I might be out of luck (other than ebay), but I didn't know if there was a chance it would come down the pike to retail more later on, or maybe show up back at Amazon.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #699 on: November 29, 2004, 01:56 PM »
Saw the SS set twice at the same store and passed both times.  Big mistake, it's long gone.  Hopefully there's stock sitting in the stock room somewhere and these get put out again.  I'm with you Brent, I need a Venom, Electro, "true" Green Goblin and Black Cat in my collection - can do without the Doc Ock and Kraven.

Still see the FF set around, but only want Sue.  Hoping for clearance on that one.

I've seen the SMC Scorpion wave twice, but no luck with the Holy Grail of the wave.  Still need Ultimate Lizard too.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #700 on: November 29, 2004, 02:25 PM »
Dang, the S6 set is getting harder to find eh?  Not good, not good at all.  Will have to begin hunting. 

Good comment on true green Goblin.  I have the regular release and it doesn't do much for me.  Same goes for the Venom I have.  Pulled the tongue out and it looks better, but need something a little more neutral.  Kraven would be and is an easy find up here still but Electro is the gem. 

Hmmm. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #701 on: November 29, 2004, 03:08 PM »
I picked up the SS set as soon as I saw it. Still looking for a scorpion and can't want for Sandman and Mysterio. Kingpin is way overdue and probably shoul dbe in Marvel Legends.

Tombstone, Vulture (interchangable heads would be awesome, if not the old version), Doppelganger, Shocker, Chameleon are all needed.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #702 on: November 29, 2004, 04:01 PM »
Yeah I bought them both the same day from TRU, FF has shown up all over and the SS set is nowhere to be found

I picked up Scorpion 2 weeks ago at Wal Mart, just saw the Spideys from that wave at TRU so he's just shipping

ML 8 will be here rather soon it sounds like! :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #703 on: November 29, 2004, 10:26 PM »
Dang, the S6 set is getting harder to find eh?  Not good, not good at all.  Will have to begin hunting.

Actually, I just got it over the weekend at WalMart.  I think it was a little over $40.  Truth be told, the figures aren't all that bad.  We got first appearances of Black Cat, Green Goblin and Electro in the set.  Also, Spidey seems a little bit different.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #704 on: November 29, 2004, 11:44 PM »
Oh yeah Nick, sorry if I seemed like I was griping, I definitely want the set.  I never picked up the earlier Ock or Kraven simply because they were out in this set.  Almost sprung for a Morbius today, after resisting for over a year.  Almost like I have to have him.  I do think the face on the black cat leaves a fair bit to desire, but any port in a storm - I'll take what I can get.