Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 414318 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #810 on: December 27, 2004, 06:28 PM »
Wow what a haul!

I opened 8 yesterday and today and I am amazed how nice these figures are.  The floppiness is all but gone from the joints.  Iron Man and Cap are absolutely amazing.  Ock is also great, I'm digging posing him with 3 tentacles on the ground and 1 coming out in space

Still looking for Sandman if anyone sees an extra and can grab one.  Otherwise I'm caught up and preordered through Wave 11 :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #811 on: December 27, 2004, 11:38 PM »
Just lined up a trade for Black Widow.  If I can score a Doc Ock from the same guy, I'll be all set. 

Still missing Lizard, Scorpion and Sandman plus the S6 box set.  So a ways behind ya.  Abomination too, so if anyone sees those two packs, please pick one up for me. 

You ordered the last rounds from AFX?  I think I'll have to order a case for the pack in waves.  Will check them out, unless someone suggests something else. 

BTW, are there other Hulk Classics being repacked as two packs?

ABTW, I'm guessing Amazon will clearance the FF box set (ok, hoping) at which point I will buy it. 

Scott, will you be displaying both versions of Cap, or does one receive preference?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #812 on: December 27, 2004, 11:44 PM »
I'm displaying them both.  This new one and the new Iron Man did nothing for me in the nostalgia area of my tingly parts when they were first released.  But having seen them and fondled them both, they rock as figures.  It could be the more solid joints that have me jonesing a little bit more than usual but its such a night and day difference to pose something and have it sit there and not flop over at the waist or the ankles

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #813 on: December 27, 2004, 11:50 PM »
I see.  I've been pretty fortunate that most of my stuff stays the way it's posed pretty well.  Loose joints abound, but not that loose. 

I'm actually disappointed I can't get Wolverine into a crouching pose with his knees against his chest and his arms hanging over his knees.  Classic pose - adding a stogie and removing the claws for a custom would be fun too. 

This is probably my favorite stuff right now.  Pretty close to cracking those comic boxes to start reading again.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #814 on: December 27, 2004, 11:55 PM »
I've seen the new Spiderman classics wave that has the Sandman in the wave.  Of course, no Sandman to be found.  Oh well.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #815 on: December 28, 2004, 09:45 AM »
I got Sandman from ebay, it was a really low buy it now for 11.00 and the shipping was 4.00 so i felt i could handle 15.00. He's cool. He looks much better int he picture though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #816 on: December 29, 2004, 11:12 AM »
I'm really glad that the joint "floppiness" issue might be resolved from your reviews Scott.  That is one thing that has bothered me about a number of the ML figures I have, they seemed to get loose joints even after just basically standing around on the shelf here.  ML is the one other line that really, really tempts me outside of Star Wars.  There are a number of figs I'd like to get in Series 8 (Ock, Iceman, Cap, and possibly Iron Man), so it is awfully tempting if they would show up around here.  I never picked up the older versions of Cap or Iron Man, so was waiting to see what these are like.  I know they aren't the "classic" incarnations, but the Cap seems to be at least similar.  Would you recommend the current version?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #817 on: December 29, 2004, 11:24 AM »
The three major Cap differences:

No Wings on the Head (there are on the variant)
The Belt and Pouches are leather (more army/soldier looking)
Regular Combat Boots instead of the Red Ones

I grew up with Classic Cap, he was my guy, I bought his book...I actually like the look of the new Cap better except the fact he doesn't have wings on the head.  That sort of sucks but the belt and boots are a little more life like and definitely make him more of a Soldier which he is

Iron Man is also a great figure, the more "earthy" yellows and maroons definitely separate themselves from the bright Yellow and Red of Classic Iron Man.  The detail and articulation are amazing though

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #818 on: December 29, 2004, 02:01 PM »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #819 on: December 29, 2004, 02:28 PM »
Spider-Man vs Abomination and Spider-Man vs Absorbing Man 2 Packs!

$20 a piece seems high though

Well figure you would pay more for Abomination and Absorbing Man on ebay.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #820 on: December 29, 2004, 03:47 PM »

Well figure you would pay more for Abomination and Absorbing Man on ebay.

Agreed.  $40 for both Abomination and Absorbing and two Spideys?  I'm all over that ******* deal. 
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #821 on: December 29, 2004, 03:57 PM »
I guess what I'm saying is that it should be cheaper at retail...$13-$15 I'd think.  How much is that Spidey-Doc Ock pack at Target?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #822 on: December 29, 2004, 04:20 PM »
I see.  Yeah, retail should be around $15, me thinks.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #823 on: December 29, 2004, 11:57 PM »
Two packs with Spidey?  WTF? 

I guess I'm happy about that, since I'll only need one of them, hopefully it's a cool spidey. 

On the good news side, a fellow Canucklehead found a red Phoenix.  Down side is his buddy wants it.  Up side is that he found a second, and it's mine for C&S ;D   Boo-yah!!!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #824 on: December 29, 2004, 11:59 PM »
Wow that is cool!  Congrats Brent :)