Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 427162 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #915 on: January 24, 2005, 07:52 AM »
If I can get through amazon, I'll do it.  Amazon is exactly working for me right now.  I'll keep you updated.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #916 on: January 24, 2005, 08:50 AM »
Found the Fantastic FOur boxed set at Wal-Mart tonight for $15. I thought it was cool, so I picked it up.

I've been waiting to find this on clearance as well, and holding off picking up the regular releases of the F4, or picking the set up for full price.  Unfortunately, I haven't seen one at our Wal-Mart(s) recently.  Hopefully Amazon will drop in price as well.  Nice to see the Sinister 6 set back in stock at TRU.  I really want to order it, but have spent enough this week on a couple other ML figures, along with Star Wars, so I'll have to wait (and also talk the Mrs. into a $50 box of "toys") :).

On the ML side of things, we finally saw somthing new in town here, as we stopped by Target after church on Sunday and I saw 2 of the new Captain Americas along with a Storm, so ML8 had been there at some point.  Had the Storm in our cart, but ended up putting it back since I had already picked up a couple of Clone Wars Animated figs the day before, and I have a package coming from Amazon as well with some ML and LOTR figs.  It was nice to see something besides Gambit and Beast on the pegs though :).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #917 on: January 24, 2005, 10:10 AM »
Thanks for ordering that box set Mikey.  Great news for us and even better news for Brian, since now that I own it, the price should drop precipitously in very short order.  Kind of hoping for the FF box set to drop on Amazon now though.  $15 would be ok, but I'd still prefer it cheaper.  Just be a pain to have three versions of the Thing ::)  I like the trench coat version best still, so I'd only have two to unload.  Yippee. 

No sign of new stuff up here, or old stuff for that matter.  I hate January for toys, it just goes so dead at all the retailers.  Marvel Legends brings that frustration to the forefront the most for me.  It's not like any of it (post Gambit wave ::)) sits for any period of time, but our retailers outside of Walmart are so dumb.  We've got Doom, Thing, Namor, Gambit and Beast littering pegs so nothing new comes in.  When those same retailers do bring in new stuff, it flies off the shelves, regardless of time of year.  I can barely find a single piece from ML VI right now anywhere (I know of a Cable and brown Wolverine) and the only evidence of VII is a single Weapon X.  Yes, that's right, people are actually buying Weapon X up here.  Remarkably there's only about a half dozen Punishers left in the city, most of which I think were post-Christmas returns. 

I'm too the point of just needing Doc Ock to be caught up to wave 8's end. 

Scott, still no word from AFX I presume?  I'll just have to order my own box then.  No worries there.

I'd like to get a phasing Ghost Rider too (why?) and would be willing to trade my Series VI no mask Wolverine for it. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #918 on: January 24, 2005, 10:23 AM »
Thanks for ordering that box set Mikey.  Great news for us and even better news for Brian, since now that I own it, the price should drop precipitously in very short order.  Kind of hoping for the FF box set to drop on Amazon now though.  $15 would be ok, but I'd still prefer it cheaper.  Just be a pain to have three versions of the Thing   I like the trench coat version best still, so I'd only have two to unload.  Yippee.

Isn't that always how it is?  Once you finally bite the bullet and order something, you either (a) find it and/or (b) find it and its much cheaper.  Just the way things work I guess :).  I'm hoping both of those box sets come down in price a little bit, because I'd like to get both.  Not that the S6 boxset is really that bad of a deal, 7 figures for roughly $50 shipped or so isn't so bad, since they run anywhere from $7-$9 individually anyways.  I finally placed an order at Amazon since Iceman came back in stock, and got the Sam I needed for LOTR as well, and tacked on the new Captain America since I've been wanting one.  Of course, the next day, I see two Caps at Target for a dollar cheaper.  I guess it isn't so bad since he's shipped with some other things, but still somewhat frustrating.

Other than that sighting this weekend, there has been nothing here ML wise for quite some time.  I remember seeing some remnants of ML 6 a month or so before Christmas (Brown Wolvie, Punisher, 1 Cable), and I'm really wishing I would have picked up the Brown Wolvie now.  Those are since long gone.  Then, a little bit later, that same Wally World had a few each of Weapon X and Silver Centurion IM, but those are long gone as well.  Both of the Wal-Marts we have close by have older figures (that just popped up this week) - 1st Cap, Hulk, Human Torch, and Thing.  I'm wondering if we'll ever see wave VI or VII again, although I'm hoping we do.  Wouldn't mind the Wolvie, Phoenix, and especially Juggernaut.  Hopefully ML8 will show up in better numbers, really hoping to find that Doc Ock, looks like a heck of a nice figure, and my favorite Spidey baddie.  It looks like Target is probably just going to start fresh with 8 then, at least around here, because there hasn't been anything new since 4 before this recent sighting.

Oh, for those of you who have picked up the Storm figure, what do you think of it?  There was one hanging with the Caps this weekend, but I passed on it at the time, although it was in the cart at one point.  Do you think it is a good figure.  I actually don't own any female Legends yet, but it would be nice to put Storm with the X-Men team.  I've been kind of on the fence with both this figure and the new modern Iron Man.  The IM has been in stock at Amazon for some time, but I was holding out to see if I could get him at retail, since he seems to be one fo them that hangs longer in that wave.  I'd like to have an Iron Man on the shelf though :).

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #919 on: January 24, 2005, 10:54 AM »
No worries Brent.  Not taking my chances with this one again and I really need an Electro, Venom and classic Green Goblin for the collection.  The Black Cat, while not perfect, is also a bonus.  Could of done without the Doc Ock and Kraven, but you take the good with the bad.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #920 on: January 24, 2005, 10:55 AM »
Rumor Mill is stating that Wave 9 will be out next month...and there might actually be 5 waves this year :o

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #921 on: January 24, 2005, 10:56 AM »
Rumor Mill is stating that Wave 9 will be out next month...and there might actually be 5 waves this year :o

:o

This is going to really mess with distribution up here.  We never know who is getting what and when.  All the stores have skipped various waves at times, so it's quite annoying.  And 5 waves this year.  Oy vey.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #922 on: January 24, 2005, 11:00 AM »
That's not confirmed but I would think it would be doable.  That's only 30-40 figures and with better shipping and no delays and less sidlines (no X-men or Hulk Classics) I think it could be possible

We'll know more next month I guess :)

Oh, and those rumored 12 and 13 Waves have shown up on a couple more etailers order lists...might be something to them:

Late 2005 - Series 12 - Marvel's "Dark Ages" Series
Origin Capt. America w/ Bucky
Savage Land Wolverine
Ultimate Green Goblin
Mole Man
Loki
Dark Phoenix (new sculpt & costume)
Hannibal King
Mole Man (scary teeth) (variant)
Vampire Hannibal King (variant)

Early 2006 - Series 13 - Marvel's "Renegades" Series
Origin Daredevil
Kingpin
Iron Fist
Power Man
Lady Deathstryke
Ultimate Punisher
Tombstone
Shang Chi
Unmasked Daredevil (variant)
Shang Chi (different costume) (variant)

and the next 3 Spider-Man Classics Villians will be:
Mysterio
Hammerhead
Silver Sable

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #923 on: January 24, 2005, 01:27 PM »
Went ahead and ordered series 9 from AFX.com.  Might as well take a shot at the chase pieces and guarantee a Galactus and the short packed figures, if there are any. 

If anyone wants to buy the spares, I'll have them (Scott too, I suspect). 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #924 on: January 24, 2005, 03:57 PM »
I don't know if this is another Dark Phoenix fiasco waiting to happen, but I noticed that all of Marvel Legends VIII (including variants) are currently "in stock" at Amazon.com.  I ordered a Doc Ock, because I didn't like my chances of finding it at retail right now, but we'll see how it works out.  Best of luck to anyone who orders  :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #925 on: January 24, 2005, 04:02 PM »
Put in an order for all of the variants.  We'll see what happens and how long they are up for order ::)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #926 on: January 24, 2005, 04:04 PM »
Oh, and thanks Brian ;) (maybe ;) ;))

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #927 on: January 24, 2005, 04:05 PM »
Went ahead and ordered series 9 from AFX.com.  Might as well take a shot at the chase pieces and guarantee a Galactus and the short packed figures, if there are any. 

If anyone wants to buy the spares, I'll have them (Scott too, I suspect). 

If there are any???  Lately it seems everything with ML is short packed.  I managed to track down a hawkeye and vision this weekend, but ended up paying more then I would have liked to for both (and my hawkeye doesn't even stand either  >:().  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #928 on: January 24, 2005, 04:25 PM »
These Items Will Be Shipping Soon:

Classic Captain America
Blonde Black Woman ( ::) They Called It That Not Me)
Variant Storm
Doom Bot

I also see Blonde Widow and Storm are both sold out

Cap and Doom Bot are still there
Variant Cap
Doombot
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 04:27 PM by Scott »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #929 on: January 24, 2005, 04:29 PM »
Blonde Black Woman (  They Called It That Not Me)

I noticed that too, nice job on the name there Amazon :).  Anyways, I really hope this works out for you Scott...and for anyone else who orders them.  I really was tempted to place an order for some of those variants, but getting the Mrs. to approve the Doc Ock was victory enough (after already ordering Cap and Iceman this past weekend) :).  Again, good luck everyone!  Hopefully Amazon gets it right this time.