Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 427279 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #945 on: January 26, 2005, 09:29 AM »
Still no sign of a shipping notice on the variants other than "Shipping Soon" :-\

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #946 on: January 27, 2005, 02:34 AM »
My Target just put up pegs for ML. And they also put out a bunch of the recarded gold foil figs. a bunch of Punishers, Elektras and Wolvies.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #947 on: January 27, 2005, 03:27 AM »
That will likely be what my local Target does as well, instead of ML 7 or 8.
 >:( Grrr. Arrgh.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #948 on: January 27, 2005, 09:10 AM »
Wooohooo!

Got a shipping notice from Amazon, all four variants are on their way :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #949 on: January 27, 2005, 09:23 AM »
Great news Scott, I'm glad that Amazon seems to be coming through this time.  The Ock I ordered is supposed to be here today as well, so we'll see.  On a side note, got the Series 8 Cap yesterday, and although I haven't had a chance to open it yet, it looks pretty cool to me.  I was lucky enough to get a nice paint job it seems, and it looks like a heck of a figure, glad I got it.  Thanks for the recommendation :).

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #950 on: January 27, 2005, 09:24 AM »
Yeah, I got my shipping notice yesterday for the 2 SS sets I ordered.  Should be early next week Brent ;D

Man, I've been an internet mini spreading spree the last few days - SS sets, ML Apocalyspe, Kubrick series 3 chase Han.  Need to slow down a little, although I'm pretty much caught up, only missing a few things.  
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #951 on: January 27, 2005, 08:26 PM »
Wooohooo!

Got a shipping notice from Amazon, all four variants are on their way :)

Thats awesome, man I wish I could have got in to order them before they sold out. :(
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #952 on: January 27, 2005, 08:30 PM »
Just annoucned, there will be a 4 inch Marvel Legends series out in 2005. TNI has a report up.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #953 on: January 28, 2005, 12:05 AM »
Got my shipping notice for the Ock and Doombot, so I got what I was able to order.  Have I said my red Phoenix looks awesome :P

In other news, these actually showed up in the small town I was in for the past two days :o  Town of about 10,000 and I saw two caps, two iceman, Manthing and the ironman thingy. 

The other stuff was already gone.  Same store I finally saw the Spidey Legends grey lizardy scorpion thing.  One look and a big passerroo :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #954 on: January 28, 2005, 08:22 AM »
Here's the report that evenflow mentioned earlier, regarding the Marvel 4" line.  According to the information, these are supposed to be the same sculpts, etc. as the 6" line, only shrunk down to 4".  It will be interesting to see if they are able to keep the same quality, but it would be pretty cool if they did.  Although I know I should stay away, having them in a smaller, likely cheaper, and more space manageable size would be awfully tempting.  I don't think I could abandon the regular Legends though, so I might be headed for two Marvel lines this year if this 4" line is of very good quality.  I know I'll at least get a few :).  Hopefully we'll get a look at them at Toy Fair.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #955 on: January 28, 2005, 09:21 AM »
I am happy to hear that they will continue with Legends. I don't think i will be able to resist these newer figures though.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #956 on: January 28, 2005, 09:52 AM »
I believe I read at Fwoosh that Julius Marx said they would not be identical to the 6" Legends

I'll probably buy Avengers and Spidey but pass on some of the others (although if they are identical scale to SW it may be tough)

Sometimes 4" figures are a bit larger than Star Wars figures though so they don't look too hot together

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #957 on: January 28, 2005, 09:57 AM »
I'm not overly keen on the 4" line.  Had it been the original size, I probably would have jumped on board, it would have been cool.  Given that I have a pretty hefty investment in the 6" line I don't see myself buying these.  I would have loved the scale initially because as Brian points out, the amount of room they'd take up would be considerably less.  As with all things, I'm out of room to display stuff, so Apocalypse and Hawkeye are sitting in ziplock baggies right now. 

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #958 on: January 28, 2005, 10:57 AM »
I'm with you Brent.  I like the 6" line.  I don't think I'll be adding another scale.  I may pick up a few of the "oddball" figs (Thing, Man-thing if they make him) - they might fit in well in a Cantina or Jabba's Palace display.

As with all things, I'm out of room to display stuff, so Apocalypse and Hawkeye are sitting in ziplock baggies right now.

I take it Black Widow and Spidey and the Sinister Six are going to keep them company, huh?
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #959 on: January 28, 2005, 11:32 AM »
Yeah, pretty much. 

We're finding that finding a house is pretty darn stressful.  It wasn't not so long ago.  Housing prices were reasonable (ok, cheap) and you could find really nice value for your dollar.  Now the market has suddenly become remarkably hot and prices have jumped by about 40%, notably in the area we want to live.  It is, of course, the hottest part of the city from a real estate perspective.  For us, it's just a logical area though, close to my wife's work, closest part of the city for me for my commute and the neighbourhood is loaded with kids, something we find important for our daughter.  Our current house is fine and the neighbourhood is great, but it's definitely on the older side, with fewer kids and on the wrong side of the city. 

Prices have essentially gone to the point where you are paying absurd values to inherit other people's messes.  Worse, bidding wars ensue for piles of dung.  Building makes more sense from a strictly financial standpoint, but we're not sure about the associated expenses with living in and paying for one house while building another. 

The whole point being I'm not putting up more shelves only to have to take them down and fill holes in the wall and then repaint the room.  So many toys sitting in bags, bins and boxes.  It's no fun :-\