Author Topic: Spider-Man (Hasbro) 3-3/4" figures  (Read 29828 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Spider-Man (Hasbro) 3-3/4" figures
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2012, 11:48 AM »
Apparently Australian Kmarts are getting a spider-man set with an anti-venom repaint. Anyone here in Australia? I would like a set.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 01:59 PM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2012, 08:48 PM »
Only person I recall from Aus is Hemish. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2012, 08:50 PM »
I am sure we will see them flooding Kmart soon

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2012, 03:54 PM »
Apparently Australian Kmarts are getting a spider-man set with an anti-venom repaint. Anyone here in Australia? I would like a set.

Only person I recall from Aus is Hemish.

Australian right here.

The Amazing Spider Man 4" line is VERY prolific in all retail stores right now.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2012, 09:46 PM »
My apologies 501st.  Duly noted there is more than one (managed to resist the lame Sith implication - mostly).
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2012, 02:41 PM »
Wal-Marts here have been flooded with I guess Wave 2 since the movie hit theaters. Lots of crappy Concept Spideys and a half-invisible Lizard repaint.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2013, 10:49 AM »
I mentioned this in the Toy Fair thread, but I recently found a case of "Ultimate Spider-Man" figures at Target here (based on the new animated series).  I remember reading that the Avengers and Spidey movies lines would both eventually be transitioning to a cartoon focus (a new Avengers cartoon debuts later this year), but this was the first I had seen of the product at retail really.  These were the 3 3/4" line, and the entire case consisted of only two different Spideys.  One "regular", and one more blue variation (I forget the actual names, I think the regular version is "Crime Fightin" or something like that.  Anyways, they are very simple figures with 5 points of articulation (neck, ball shoulders, hips), and simple paint apps.  Priced at $5.99.  Although the price is nice, I wonder if this is what we're going to start seeing more of from Hasbro and their action figure lines.  They are definitely "toys" (which I guess is what they are supposed to be), and not aimed at collectors, but I just sort of wonder what this means for a line like Marvel Universe down the road.  I know there is also a 6" line for Ultimate Spidey that is more in line with past Legends stuff (or similar, I haven't seen it in person), but I'm curious to see at Toy Fair what is shown for the various Marvel lines.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2013, 11:48 AM »
The bigger line is a kid-aimed line.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2013, 11:52 AM »
Whoops, it appears so.  I hadn't seen all of those before, but had seen a Spidey and Nova which looked at least similar in articulation and scale.  I guess more like previous Spidey 6" lines was a better way to say it than Legends.  Seeing those in your post though, they do seem a little more animated-looking.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2013, 05:01 PM »
I saw the Ultimate Spidey figs the other day at Target too. Good for kids I guess. I might be interested in some unmade villains but I doubt we see any.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2013, 11:13 PM »
Whoops, it appears so.  I hadn't seen all of those before, but had seen a Spidey and Nova which looked at least similar in articulation and scale.  I guess more like previous Spidey 6" lines was a better way to say it than Legends.  Seeing those in your post though, they do seem a little more animated-looking.

I saw these today. I was incorrect (or whatever website I saw the carded photos at was). The  $10 Power Webs figures are 4" scale but bit bulkier than that cheapo $6 carded Spider-Man (as the photos show).

There were 6-inch figures I saw that are barely articulated and were in open style packaging.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2013, 06:15 AM »
I do not like this trend to cheaper, less articulated, junky Marvel figures.

I hope their target audience buys enough of these things to make up for the fact that I am buying zero.

Thank God the Marvel Universe line is still going.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda