Author Topic: G.I. Joe Renegades - Cartoon Series  (Read 17330 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Renegades - Cartoon Series
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 08:36 AM »
Anybody else watch this?  I DVR'd the first two episodes and have only seen a few minutes of the first one...I actually kind of like the story line this time around; not too sure about the characterization for some of the Joes.  I hate the animation style, though.  But I reckon I'll keep watching it.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 02:27 PM »
Watched the first two episodes with my son... other than how they have Dr. Mindbender look, I enjoyed it all... I think he actually looks much more realistic than the 80s character though.  Just wish he was a bit older in this, here he seems like a kid fresh out of high school.

Enjoyed how Flint was portrayed quite a bit too... and I thought all the Joes actually were fine.  Same with the Cobras outside of Mindbender.

Overall though, I enjoyed it and my son was very entertained.  Looking forward to seeing what the figures look like; hope they're not animated styling like the Clone Wars stuff.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 04:48 PM »
I only caught the Renegades/Prime intro since my DVR was feeling forgetful.  Guess I have to wait till next week to check out the full episodes.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 06:10 PM »
I just finished watching it. They seem to be doing an A-Team type thing here. I like how Cobra is supposedly a good corporation like Cyberdyne. The animation style sucks though. The Baroness looks and sounds right. Mindbender needs to be older instead of some crazy high school kid. I'll keep watching it. I hope the toys don't look like the cartoon.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2010, 06:45 PM »
I hope the toys don't look like the cartoon.

They won't.  Hasbro already said they'd be in the realistic style, though I'd welcome a toon friendly Joe line personally...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 01:41 PM »
I've caught up now, and dammit, I like this show a lot more than I thought I would.  Agreed on Mindbender being too young, but I guess in this day of Mark Zuckerbergs and whatnot, it's to be expected (though I still prefer the 80's Mindbender's S&M get-up).  Baroness is ******* awesome.  Hawk looks and sounds like a one-eyed James Carville, which I don't like too much, but he seems cool

I've always hated Duke and preferred Flint, but Flint's kind of a dick this time around.  And they've made Snake Eyes a mysterious bad-ass, which is pretty much all it takes to make me happy.  As long as the figures are stylized realistically, I'm in.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2010, 02:57 PM »
Yeah, as long as they're realistic style, I would think I would like to get some of them.  Though these days, almost all Joe purchases end up for my son anyway.   :)

Also, the upcoming Shock Trooper seems to be very much in line with the Cobra troops that are seen in the Cobra facility in the first episode... I would assume that was intended.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: GI Joe Renegades
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2010, 09:04 PM »
I watched GIJ: Renegades...  I thought it was pretty good.  Kind of Clone Warsy, in that they're trying to keep adult's attention with it.  Dr. Mindbender's insanely lame though. 

I'm not that into toons really, but I liked this enough to keep watching.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: December 1, 2010, 01:32 AM »
I've caught up now, and dammit, I like this show a lot more than I thought I would.  Agreed on Mindbender being too young, but I guess in this day of Mark Zuckerbergs and whatnot, it's to be expected (though I still prefer the 80's Mindbender's S&M get-up).  Baroness is ******* awesome.  Hawk looks and sounds like a one-eyed James Carville, which I don't like too much, but he seems cool

I've always hated Duke and preferred Flint, but Flint's kind of a dick this time around.  And they've made Snake Eyes a mysterious bad-ass, which is pretty much all it takes to make me happy.  As long as the figures are stylized realistically, I'm in.

I'm 100% in on the new series too...  Liked it a lot more than I imagined that I would, actually.

Tunnel Rat was getting a snivit annoying though.  Maybe just me, but I didn't like him a lot.

The whole Ripcord thing was weird...  Does this open up a future red haired Rip Cord ala the RAH figure, or is he pretty much done?

Paul's surely upset at the facial hair on everyone...  I can't blame him.  :)

More Joes were seen than I first thought.  I thought that I'd read that they were going to limit the number of characters, but I thought htey had a decent mix.

Also didn't like Mindbender.  Put me in that camp.  Not only his age, but I thought he was simply annoying...  LIke Cobra's Tunnel Rat, only worse.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 3, 2010, 11:00 AM »
I finally got a chance to watch these on our DVR yesterday, and I enjoyed the first two episodes as well.  Looking forward to the next one today.  Everything was pretty good I thought, although I also didn't care for this depiction of Dr. Mindbender.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 4, 2010, 07:29 PM »
I hope they make Major Bludd's car.  Bad ass.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2010, 07:10 PM »
I hope they make Major Bludd's car.  Bad ass.

agreed, Major Bludd's new interpretation is probably my favorite part of the show so far.

Mindbender is the worst, hopefully he will have some freak accident mutate him.  Breaker being a nerdy college kid is pretty bad too...

Also wondering if they really off'ed Ripcord.  I would be shocked if he is done for good.  I figured he would be a major player given his character in ROC.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2010, 10:40 AM »
So what does everyone think of the new series so far?  I just caught up on last week's (Christmas Eve) two parter, and I think it has been pretty good so far.  Definitely - I guess aside from the Resolute shorts - the most I've enjoyed Joe since the original series.  Pretty good stuff, and I hope we see them continue to build the cast of characters as the show goes on.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2010, 11:23 AM »
Have not seen a single episode.  But really should watch.  It seems to have enough buzz that it will drive the line in 2011.  So I'd better get used to it.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2010, 12:01 PM »
I haven't seen this yet mainly because I'm really not too interested for some reason - same with the new Transformers Prime toon.  I think I have them DVR'd though so will watch in time.