Author Topic: George Lucas to Appear at Celebration V!  (Read 4538 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
George Lucas to Appear at Celebration V!
« on: May 21, 2010, 10:23 PM »
Star Wars creator George Lucas will make a special guest appearance at Star Wars Celebration V this August in Orlando.

This will be the second Celebration appearance, and only the third Star Wars convention appearance for the writer/director, who last attended Celebration III in Indianapolis, Indiana, in 2005.

Lucas will appear onstage at a date and time yet to be scheduled during the four-day run of the show, which takes place August 12-15, 2010 at the Orange County Convention Center.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: George Lucas to Appear at Celebration V!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 01:50 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks he should get his fat neck flap to every SW Celebration and put in an appearance?  Barring emergency/prior major obligations of course...  But seriously.  This is the **** that pays for all his flannel.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 09:48 AM »
Y'know, if my fans were nasty about my "fat neck flap"  I wouldn't give them the time of day.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 02:36 PM »
That works out great then since meeting GL isn't high on my priority list, and I am not the person that Celebration events targets with their celebrity guest lists.  But for the people that it is important to, I'd think the guy whose pockets get lined from these events should try to make it to more than just two of the five that have taken place.

Just seems like it shouldn't be such a big deal to me I guess, as it's being made out to be.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 4, 2010, 10:13 PM »
At least those who want to get in line early won't have to worry about freezing rain and winds unlike at Indy.  Would be interesting to see how they handle his appearance this  time since the last time. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 04:07 PM »
Are there any sites that have a summary of the session between Lucas and Jon Stewart?

I know that they showed the ROTJ Blu-Ray deleted scene and that Mark and Carrie joined them on stage, but did anything else get announced?

Or was the Star Wars saga coming out on Blu-Ray the big announcement?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 08:48 PM »
There will be new deleted scenes, foremost of which being the "lightsaber construction" scene: http://www.theblurayblog.com/2010/08/video-star-wars-blu-ray-return-of-the-jedi-deleted-scene-debut/ I assume that's only the beginning of a longer scene.

Wonder if we will get the sandstorm scene.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)