Author Topic: Tamashii Nations Robot Spirits / Robot Damashii  (Read 5358 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Tamashii Nations Robot Spirits / Robot Damashii
« on: August 29, 2013, 11:14 PM »
Is anyone else out there a Robot Spirits figure collector?

For over a year now I've been trying to resist the Tamashii Nations Robot Spirits [Side MS] Gundam Wing figures.   Well, with the lull in Hasbro 3.75" collector product, I found myself with some spare collector cash and decided to break down and get a single Robot Spirits [Side MS] figure - Gundam Wing Zero from Gundam Wing tv show.

Big, big mistake. I instantly fell in love with it.  Now I've got seven other [Side MS] figures from Gundam Wing (Epyon, Tallgeese, Altron, Sandrock, Space Leo, Ground Leo, Aries) on my desk at home and eight more pre-ordered (Heavy Arms, 2x Ground Leo w/ 1x Leo Option Kit, Noin Custom Aries, Shenlong, Mercurius/Vayeate, and the Deathscythe Hell).  Pretty much played catch-up from Jun-2012 releases to Jan-2014 pre-orders in the span of five weeks.  :-[

My extra collector cash (and then some) is officially gone, but I’m loving my new 'Japanese Robots' (as my wife calls them). Really hope they make a Taurus and/or Virgo from Gundam Wing, I’d also love a Maganac too.   I'm hoping to stay within the Gundam Wing realm on these, but I'm already tempted by the original RX-78-2 Gundam and the GM Sniper II (0080 War in the Pocket). Could find myself easily falling into the MSG/0080/0083 Stardust Memory stuff real easy...  and maybe even Zeta too.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Tamashii Nations Robot Spirits / Robot Damashii
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 04:41 PM »
Gundam fascinated me due to the level of qyality and the articulation...  I am into something similar lately called Ma.K. Mostly because it crosses over kind of neat to 3.75" sci fi figs...

Gundam tho always has my eye.  I like checking it out.  I've seen INSANE dioramas for these. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: March 7, 2014, 10:25 AM »
I'm hoping to stay within the Gundam Wing realm on these, but I'm already tempted by the original RX-78-2 Gundam and the GM Sniper II (0080 War in the Pocket).

Well, it's 6 months later and I have managed to stay Gundam Wing only on these, BUT.... with each new figure I get, I love this line more and more.

I saw a few more at Toy Fair and man I'm tempted by that 0080 GM Sniper II and the new Vifam that is coming out.  :-\

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 12:23 PM »
Well, almost a year later and I'm still totally hooked on these... even if no one else is apparently.

Just got my Japan Web exclusive Gundam Deathscythe and Blue Leo (Flight Mode) in the mail bringing my total to 20 figures from Gundam Wing so far with one more pre-order to fill - the green variant Space Leo, which should ship later this summer. 

Also still need to track down the Heavyarms/Sandrock conversion kit.  Waiting for a good deal on ebay for that since I'd need to pick up a second H-arms and Sandrock to convert so I can have both versions.   ::)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 02:26 PM »
I have no idea what you just said.  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 04:38 PM »
Nor do I, but I'm going to look that up now.

I've gotten hooked on some "mech" suit models of late, and more, and so I actually just pre-ordered something that features support gear and more (and all in a scale I love).

Pricey but worth it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 11:46 PM »
Back to talking to myself...  :-[

Also still need to track down the Heavyarms/Sandrock conversion kit.  Waiting for a good deal on ebay for that since I'd need to pick up a second H-arms and Sandrock to convert so I can have both versions.   ::)

Done!  Around Labor Day, I found a really good deal on a second Gundam HeavyArms and Gundam Sandrock that was too good to pass up.  That meant I definitely had to track down the Season One conversion H-Arms/Sandrock kit.  Was patient and found a BIN auction below my target price so I pulled the trigger.

Kit arrived today, meaning I am 100% caught up, including all the Japan-exclusive releases for Gundam Wing.  Now I can go to work completing the Gundam Wing - Endless Waltz stuff....  and of course, be careful not to stray into any of the other Gundam series - Zeta, G-Fighter, etc. ;)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 12:42 PM »
Now I can go to work completing the Gundam Wing - Endless Waltz stuff....  and of course, be careful not to stray into any of the other Gundam series - Zeta, G-Fighter, etc. ;)

Well, I'm continuing to work on completing my Gundam Wing - Endless Waltz stuff.  I have a Wing Gundam Zero [EW version] pre-ordered.  He's scheduled to arrive this month, hopefully that happpens and isn't bumped into January.  Still looking for a good deal on Tallgeese III.  But until then...

I bought God Gundam (G-Fighter) in November.
I have Zeta Gundam (Z Gundam) pre-ordered (Dec-2014).
I have Shining Gundam (G-Fighter) pre-ordered (May-2015).

Dammit.  I have officially strayed from "Gundam Wing only".  #thefloodgateisopen 

Goodbye, money.  :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 07:31 PM »
Gundam is one of the most complex lines of things I've ever seen.  I have no idea how that universe breaks down but it seems like you need an encyclopedia to keep track of it.  There are some amazing vids for them on Youtube though.  I've enjoyed just watching those and how people customize them.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 08:36 PM »
Are you buying kits?  Or built stuff?  I'm confused, but intrigued.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 10:16 AM »
Both figures and kits... but this thread is mainly about the Robot Spirits (Damashii) figures from Tamashii. 

At Tamashii, Robot Spirits are for Robot/Mecha figures and would be comparable to the S.H.Figuarts figures they do for human characters.  Action figures with tons of detail and articulation, extra parts for different looks, etc.  These are NOT model kits. 

So, if you think about it like the Star Wars stuff - the Robot Spirits are like the S.H.Figuarts Vader from Tamashii (Bandai's collector arm) and the model kit Gundam figures (Real Grade/Perfect Grade/High Grade) are like the 1/12 Vader Model kit from Bandai's regular toy group.

I do own/have some of the model kit Gundams thought I haven't picked up one of those in a long while.  Used to buy them when I had more spare time... these days, with full-time job and four kids, I kinda prefer the premium action figure route. ;)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 10:41 AM »
Oh, hells yes -

God Gundam 明鏡止水

Every time I start to get annoyed with Hasbro for being dinks and not giving us any 3.75" figure news, I'll just remind myself that Japan is full of toys I want/need...  like Sekihatenkyōken fireball throwing, SUPER HYPER MODE God Gundam here.  So pretty.   ;D