Author Topic: Diecast: Dinky-Matchbox-Hot Wheels  (Read 64096 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Diecast: Dinky-Matchbox-Hot Wheels
« Reply #135 on: September 23, 2010, 10:58 AM »
Anyone else remember the Sto & Go Hot Wheel Sets from 1979, 1980,....?

I just remember the carwash set from the early 80's.  Very cool I guess back from the day.  Fun set.  Color change cars?  I don't recall, but a fun piece.

I remember those but they'd have been at a phase in my life when toys weren't all that important given I was 16 in 1980. 

I too sold all my childhood cars, but many of those were the original redline hotwheels.  Basically through ebay I traded all my hotwheels for vintage star wars figures.  I kept a few of the cars that weren't in great shape and that were favorites.  I still have a lot of the Matchbox cars because they simply didn't provide a return that was worth getting rid of them. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2010, 02:08 PM »
Huh, I still haven't found either the Ecto or the Batmobile so far. 

Well, check part of that statement as I found a couple of the new Batmobiles today.  Still no Ecto but I did find another regular Shelby Daytona TH so not all bad.  That's six THs in three weeks now. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2010, 03:34 PM »
Christmas coming or what?  Two Cadillac THs last week, three Mustang THs this morning.  All regs. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2010, 03:29 PM »
Only finding Mustang THs these days and been a bit dry considering the season.  Thanks to MikeyD I have my Ecto now though. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2011, 01:53 PM »
Hot Wheels DeLorean is now a Back to the Future model after having gone through at least gold, black and possibly one more color variation.  I'm hoping these show up here.  Still stumbling on the occasional TH but pretty sparse on the luck since I'm in stores so much less these days. 

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 9, 2011, 07:45 AM »
Found the BTTF Delorean yesterday.  I'm not a hardcore HW collector but I like grabbing the movie and comic related ones (Ecto-1, Batmobiles, etc.).  Anything else like that coming out soon?  I know there's an Arkham Asylum Batmobile coming.  I'd love to see the A-Team van.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 10, 2011, 11:48 PM »
Nothing seemingly coming that's got the HW guys I know all hot and bothered (how's that for a visual?).  Most are pleased the BTTF DeLorean has been much higher packed than the Ecto was.  Good thing you sent me one of those, I never saw any.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2011, 09:42 AM »
I've actually bought more HW cars in the last couple of weeks than Star Wars toys.  :P  I picked up a couple BttF DeLorians and then the regular DeLorian for my buddy.  And I also snagged a Batmobile which I think is the same, maybe a color difference, as the mystery Batmobile from a couple years ago.

I didn't know that HW did an Ecto-1.  How long ago was that?  I'll have to look for a photo of it, sounds cool.
Edit -> Just looked it up, that's pretty cool!

E...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:43 AM by efranks »
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #143 on: April 29, 2011, 11:33 AM »
Just so Brent doesn't miss it - talk about combining two of your favorite things!

2011 SDCC Hot Wheels® Franken Berry™ Vehicle ($20)

This Franken Berry™ cereal box with a Hot Wheels car inside will take you right back to being 7 years-old and watching Saturday morning cartoons. What car is inside? It’s the popular Dairy Delivery vehicle, of course, because you need some milk to go with your cereal! Shake the box and hear that awesome cereal sound coming from inside.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 11:34 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 29, 2011, 04:55 PM »
Woot!  :D

Thanks Jeff, I didn't know about that one yet.  I'm not a big fan of the Dairy Delivery style, but if it's got Frankenberry on it, I'm in. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 2, 2015, 09:23 PM »
Don't know if anyone ever bought any Dukes of Hazzard General Lee cards back in the day, but now is the time to sell them.  Prices are waaaaaaaaaay up on eBay thanks to the Confederate flag kerfuffel.