Author Topic: Diecast: Dinky-Matchbox-Hot Wheels  (Read 64101 times)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Re: Diecast: Dinky-Matchbox-Hot Wheels
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2007, 10:43 PM »
Nice score Brent.  Did you pick up the Batmobile?  Picked up a couple the other day.  Can't wait for it to be released in 1/18.

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2007, 03:56 PM »
Showing my ignorance (maybe) here, but is there anything special (other than the red line wheels) on that green Chevy Truck, Brent? I've got the exact same truck sitting on my desk (sans packaging) with the intent of taking it home to my girls, simply because they don't have a pickup in their "collection" yet.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2007, 04:38 PM »
Nice score Brent.  Did you pick up the Batmobile?  Picked up a couple the other day.  Can't wait for it to be released in 1/18.

No, it doesn't seem the Batmobile has hit up here yet.  I know a few of the other 'new' cars in the same assortment and I've yet to see those as well, but that might be because they're always gone when I get there.  Given I found that many THs though I figure it's not about yet. 

As for the truck, nope, just a redline is all.  Redlines, I assume you know are a throwback to the original hot wheels that all had redline tires.  People seem to get excited when they find them so I bought it (hey, it's a buck right?).  I've honestly not looked at ebay to see if there's any value because I don't expect there is. 

As for the super treasure hunt stuff, the two in the lower left of the picture are indeed the super TH versions.  The wheels are different.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2007, 03:22 AM »
Heavy Chevy, wow, that brings back memories of playing with my cars in the sandbox.  8)

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2007, 07:20 PM »
So combined with the two I found earlier in the week, I picked up 8 Nissan Skyline Treasure Hunts this week.  Weird, weird, weird. 

HOLY MOSES!!!  :o

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2007, 11:34 PM »
Well damn!!  I've been looking for the lil treasure chest on the packaging.  I didn't know it just said T-Hunt on there.  Gotta get ready for the next round of UGHness......

Must be a royal pain in the ass for you guys to go through each and every single card to find what you're looking for....Especially at WM and TRU as there's usually over 20-30 pegs full at least in my neck of the woods.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2007, 05:13 PM »
Any of you guys collecting the Mystery Cars?  I have some extras if you're interested in trading.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2007, 08:40 AM »
Must be a royal pain in the ass for you guys to go through each and every single card to find what you're looking for....Especially at WM and TRU as there's usually over 20-30 pegs full at least in my neck of the woods.

Yeah it's a bit annoying but with the new packaging it gives the name, make and # all on the side so you can usually just glare down the row without having to touch any cars. I usually just shift the pegs to side a bit. It works nicely...

Any of you guys collecting the Mystery Cars?  I have some extras if you're interested in trading.

I might be interested. I'll need to get a list together of what I have. PM me a list of your extras. Originally I wasn't going to collect this set but from buying so many to get the Batmobiles, i've ended up with a bunch that are just laying around...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 08:50 AM by Madcow »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2007, 12:52 AM »
No mystery cars for me.  I'm good to go until I figure out next January what I'm missing from the Classics line. 

Left behind 3 more Skyline's this week ::)  No supers or I would have snagged those.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2007, 09:43 AM »
No mystery cars for me.  I'm good to go until I figure out next January what I'm missing from the Classics line. 

Left behind 3 more Skyline's this week ::)  No supers or I would have snagged those.

Wow, that's insane! They must be shipping them all to Canada.  :P

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 3, 2007, 11:13 PM »
I stopped by a local WM tonight to find exclusive **** that I knew wouldn't be there, but I love hunting...

I found a virgin endcap full of untouched HW stuff so I figured I'd dig through the pegs a bit as there were 4-5 "Mystery" things littered throughout the front pegs.  I not only found one, but four TH 69 Camaro's.  It says on the back that I'm a "true Hot Wheels star."  Is this true?  Can I now win my dream of becoming an American Idol or pay for my son's college education??

Seriously though...I'm only looking for these things so that I can trade a scalper HW guy for UGHs.  I had a big problem with these guys last year always beating me to them so at least I now have some ammo.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 4, 2007, 12:17 AM »
Well, you won't be rich, but it's a nice find anyway.  I'm torn on that Camaro because it's not a real car, but the Tooned/Tuned version and they look like ****.  But it's a TH and a Camaro :-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 9, 2007, 11:11 PM »
I have been looking for this for a very long time, Space 1999 Popy Eagle from Japan from the mid 70's.  8)

« Last Edit: June 9, 2007, 11:17 PM by DSJ™ »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2007, 12:04 AM »
Nice Dale, I'd hate to think of what that set you back :-X

Going back to Hot Wheels (spawn of evil that it is), I want to reiterate a point that Treasure Hunts have to be more common now than they've ever been.  In the space of eight days I found six THs:

Nissan Skyline
Dairy Delivery
'69 Pontiac GTO x2
Corvette C6R x2, one on the long card and one on the short card.

I'm not suggesting these have become common, but I really haven't changed my shopping strategy at all this year.  In previous years I'd found maybe 4-5 TH in about 5 years or so.  But I've found 21 or so this year :o  Still no Mega Thrust  ::) or tooned Camaro for me to find.  I think I missed the Camaro but the Mega  ::) hasn't shown up north yet. 

The Batmobile has started showing here now, in cases with the GTO TH. 

End of fat, smelly, sweat-pant clad report.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2007, 08:36 AM »
Nice Dale, I'd hate to think of what that set you back :-X

Going back to Hot Wheels (spawn of evil that it is), I want to reiterate a point that Treasure Hunts have to be more common now than they've ever been.  In the space of eight days I found six THs:

Nissan Skyline
Dairy Delivery
'69 Pontiac GTO x2
Corvette C6R x2, one on the long card and one on the short card.

I'm not suggesting these have become common, but I really haven't changed my shopping strategy at all this year.  In previous years I'd found maybe 4-5 TH in about 5 years or so.  But I've found 21 or so this year :o  Still no Mega Thrust  ::) or tooned Camaro for me to find.  I think I missed the Camaro but the Mega  ::) hasn't shown up north yet. 

The Batmobile has started showing here now, in cases with the GTO TH. 

End of fat, smelly, sweat-pant clad report.

DAAAAAAMN! Where do you get all this luck? Does no one up there collect these things? I had a good run a few months ago but have been striking out lately. I did manage to find 2 GTO's (long & short) last month and a Mega Thrust the other morning, all regulars. Up until this last find I was about to just sell everything off and forget about HW's this year but i'm hoping to complete a regular set now...