Author Topic: Diecast: Dinky-Matchbox-Hot Wheels  (Read 64097 times)

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
Re: Diecast: Dinky-Matchbox-Hot Wheels
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2004, 01:34 AM »
I’m wondering- did you get the re-release Space 1999 Megos yet? If you have, how do they compare to the originals, are they pretty close… or what? Thanks for any informative  in-formation!
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2004, 12:34 AM »
The re-release Space 1999 Megos won't be out till early January according to the fabgearus.com site where I have my pre-order in. Looking forward to getting them.  8)

My brother received our Product Enterprise diecast UFO & Moonbase Interceptor plus the diecast Skydiver last week & I'll be picking them up on Christmas eve. 

We will soon be pre-ordering the Supercar & Fireball XL5.  8)

There coming out with the Laboratory Eagle & Eagle Freighter but there the same as the other diecast Eagles. I ordered the Laboratory Pod Conversion and the Freighter Pod Conversion kit from Comet Miniatures.

I would love to get the 22 carat Gold Plated Deluxe Collectors Edition of the Eagle that comes with a hand signed certificate of Gerry Anderson & a very nice display box but at $99.99 GBP.  :-\

22 carat GOLD PLATED DELUXE COLLECTOR EDITION

Will keep you posted on the Megos.  ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2004, 12:15 AM »
SHADO Interceptor & UFO

SHADO UFO Skydiver

Skydiver has some weight to it.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 7, 2005, 06:22 PM »
I'm not into Hot Wheels or cars at all, but I've wanted an authentic CAT dump truck for some time. I just have a thing for the giant dump truck. ;D Finally found a beauty online at www.diecastdirect.com . Got it in the mail today. Here's an eBay photo of the exact model.

It's 1:64 and a freakin' monster truck next to a 1:64 car. :D

Actually, I bougt one those recent Corgi Batmobiles at Walmart, too. The ones in the box, what were they 1:32, 1:18? I have a few Star Wars cast vehicles: Some of the MicroMachines and the Droids Parade Vehicle. LOL

That Japanese robot on page 1 is cool. I still have my 5" Dragun Shogun Warrior.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 9, 2005, 12:19 PM »
I’m wondering- did you get the re-release Space 1999 Megos yet? If you have, how do they compare to the originals, are they pretty close… or what? Thanks for any informative  in-formation!

Well my CC has been charged & there on there way. As soon as I receive them I'll have pic's.  ;)

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2005, 05:06 PM »

Well my CC has been charged & there on there way. As soon as I receive them I'll have pic's.  ;)

Thanks! I look forward to reading your observations.

Here’s the latest addition to my die-cast collection-

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2005, 08:48 AM »
That boxed Enterprise is sweet, the I have is loose and I have the Klingon Battle Cruiser boxed. Nice addition.  8)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2005, 08:52 PM »
Brace yourself!   :o   :o   :o   :o

Eagle Transporter - 23" Signature Edition

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2005, 01:01 PM »
More Space 1999 figure on there way!  8)

Space 1999 Series 2

Space 1999 Series 3

Space 1999 Series 4

Going to have to add these sets to my collection.  ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2005, 12:33 PM »
They have arrived.

Captain Zantor, Mysterious Alien, Paul Morrow and Alan Carter.

I do not have any of the original Palitoy figures but they do look pretty close to them. The card backs are very strong and are done in the same way front and back as with the bubbles. These bubbles are very thin and tight on the figures and a figure can easily pop through as did happen with my Alan Carter on the top.  :-\

Still very happy to get these and I will definitely be getting the rest of the series.  8)

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2005, 01:48 PM »
Thanks for the update. From reading other buyers reactions, it appears some CTVT figures have some quality issues (though apparently they are improving) compared to the originals. I took a gander at the mad monsters at the comic shop, and they looked awful… but the happy days were o.k. so that’s why I was wondering about these, maybe I’ll try to assemble a set of original loose ones, now that they’ve dropped in price somewhat. The upcoming series look great though; Maya is surreal- kinda looks like a Gerry Anderson puppet version of the actress.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2005, 03:02 AM »
Boy it's going to be a costly year for me on the diecast front. More diecasts coming from the Gerry Anderson line from Product Enterprise. So far my brother has pre-ordered for us the Stingray, Fireball XL5, Supercar and Spectrum Patrol Vehicle. Now I'm just deciding if I want to go with all three SHADO Mobiles or just the one.  :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2005, 11:07 AM »
Picked up a 2005 '67 Camaro Treasure Hunt the other day :P  Cool car and the list of treasure hunts on the back is pretty neat - lots of classic cars. 

Before you ask, no, I don't actively collect hot wheels or treasure hunts for that matter.  I just pick them up when I see them out of spite :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2005, 11:47 PM »
What is a Treasure Hunt?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2005, 12:24 AM »
Treasure Hunts are the pile of gold at the end of the rainbow for hot wheels collectors.  A box of hot wheels has 64 cars in it.  I believe (but I could be wrong) that treasure hunts are packed only 1 in every 5-6 boxes.  They are essentially chase pieces for hot wheels guys.  Just less common cars is all. 

I buy them when I find them and throw them under the front seat of my car and leave them there for years. ;)  Just do an ebay search for treasure hunt hot wheels on ebay and you'll see them.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.