Author Topic: Diecast: Dinky-Matchbox-Hot Wheels  (Read 64100 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Diecast: Dinky-Matchbox-Hot Wheels
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2007, 10:12 AM »
I don't know where the luck is coming from, honestly.  Like I said, I'm not doing anything different than years past, but I just keep walking into the things.  It might be as simple as the new green bar on the side rather than the older, smaller bar with the treasure chest.  Maybe I just used to miss them, but can't now with the senior sized marking along the side? 

I'm really not even into the Hot Wheels on the whole.  I do collect the Classics series, but only the Mustangs and Camaros plus whatever else catches my eye.  I only try to be complete with the colors (but not minor variations) on the M/C and only the older cars, 65-70 or so on Mustangs and 67-69 on Camaros (and Firebirds).  Our stores really aren't carrying the Classics much this year at all as I'm behind on some of the cars and some haven't even shown up here at retail as only early cases were put out. 

I'll probably keep one each of the THs from this year, but lots of extras floating around my place for sure. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2007, 10:12 PM »
Ok, this is goofy.  I've reached the point of leaving behind TH cars.  I did find another Super TH Skyline tonight (at Safeway, of all places) and picked it up, but I left behind 3 other regular TH cars this week.  Too many out there.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 3, 2007, 02:42 PM »
So far I've found 2 versions of the 2009 Camaro (like in my avatar), so I've got a silver and an orange/red one.  It'll have to keep me happy until the real thing comes out.  ;)

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 5, 2007, 05:31 PM »
Damn, I just found out the Matchbox put out a 1963 Cadillac Hearse. The hunt begins...  ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2007, 08:39 PM »
I got this little beauty in the mail today for my Space 1999 focus, Yot-Grip Eagle Transporter from Taiwan. Measures approx 4 1/4" x  1 3/4".

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2007, 01:50 PM »
Damn, I just found out the Matchbox put out a 1963 Cadillac Hearse. The hunt begins...  ;D

That hearse is great. I've got it sitting on my desk at the office. I've been really impressed with the latest offerings from Matchbox. There was an orange '62 Beetle and green '56 Ford pickup that were spot-on a few months ago, and I just recently found the new red '65 Alfa GTA...a beaut!

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2007, 02:57 PM »

That hearse is great. I've got it sitting on my desk at the office. I've been really impressed with the latest offerings from Matchbox. There was an orange '62 Beetle and green '56 Ford pickup that were spot-on a few months ago, and I just recently found the new red '65 Alfa GTA...a beaut!

Yes it is fantastic and I too have one on my desk here at work. :D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 3, 2007, 11:43 AM »
After a lengthy cold streak, I stumbled on a couple of Mega Thrust treasure hunts yesterday.  Mega Thrust.  hee hee.  Sorry, it's either sexual innuendo or Monster Truck commercials running through my mind. 

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 3, 2007, 03:03 PM »
NICE! I haven't found a TH in at least 4 months. Either they've dried up or i'm just not fast enough and the scalpers are getting them all.   :'(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 3, 2007, 03:36 PM »
Based on what I read in the thread over on the spawn board, they definitely haven't dried up.  Still out there for sure, but you probably have too much integrity to tear open sealed boxes, wander into WM stock rooms and things like that.  Those guys are really, really brazen. 

Most of my luck comes from figuring out what stores are stocking on what day and at what time.  Walmarts around here have obviously become tired of the same stellar behavior from the same stellar individuals to the point where they actually no longer stock certain items overnight.  That's fairly depressing as a statement on collectors, but not that surprising considering how many times I've come across toy boxes ripped open and cars or figures scattered about with no concern for who's going to clean up the mess.  Sadly the hot wheels guys are far and away the worst (well, since McFarlane stuff cooled off anyway). 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2007, 12:31 AM »
Another piece for my Space 1999 collection, an Azrak-Hamway (AHI) Eagle from Italy.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2007, 10:37 PM »
I finally open up my Blade Runner Special Edtion DVD set, the Spinner car is awesome.  8)

The origami unicorn is pretty sweet too.  ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2007, 12:01 PM »
Picked up a couple of Enzo Ferrari treasure hunts this morning.  I'm going to try and total up how many THs I found this year, but the number was huge relative to previous years and I think huge relative to most normal people anyway.  It's probably close to 20 or more.  Just nuts.  That said I don't think all 12 THs will be released up here in Canada and I still managed to miss the only one I really wanted anyway, the Camaro. 

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 3, 2008, 04:03 PM »
Finally found the HW Batmobile this week. Pretty cool. Also, I found a '70 Chevelle ragtop redline. This one wasn't labeled as a Red Line; are they still labeling the Red Lines as such?

As for Matchbox, managed to get one of each of the the green 55th ann. models (Mini, Bronco and Lexus), and picked up yet another of my favorite model of the year...the Alfa Romeo Giulia.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 3, 2008, 04:30 PM »
Finally found the HW Batmobile this week. Pretty cool. Also, I found a '70 Chevelle ragtop redline. This one wasn't labeled as a Red Line; are they still labeling the Red Lines as such?

I don't know to be honest.  It might be a 2008 model and I haven't seen any of those cars just yet.  Sounds like a cool car though.