Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 17 (aka Fall 2010 Wave 3)  (Read 14881 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 17 (aka Fall 2010 Wave 3)
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2010, 10:11 AM »
I don't know, this one is really confounding me. From the RS pic posted today, it really seems like it might be a slightly different R2.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/2010/TCW_cw27_r2d2.jpg

I guess I will have to pull out one of my old ones for comparison. I don't have a good recollection of this figure.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 12:05 PM »
I think he's the same sculpt as before.  Or he has all the same features - third leg, rope, rockets, etc.  Only difference is maybe a cleaner look to him this time (he's definitely cleaner than the 2008 version, I can't recall if the 2009 version was 'clean' or 'dirty').
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 10:35 AM »
It's fun being caught up and all, but I'm about ready to start spending money on some new toys again.

Anyone have a guess as to when we'll see this wave on shelves? At SDCC they indicated September, so I am hoping that is accurate. I am thinking October is probably more likely, but that would be a bummer, becasue I would hate to see them try and squish waves 4 and 5 into Nov/Dec. Too much of a glut during the holiday season, which is the worst time to be on the Hunt.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 04:57 PM »
Anyone have a guess as to when we'll see this wave on shelves? At SDCC they indicated September, so I am hoping that is accurate. I am thinking October is probably more likely, but that would be a bummer, becasue I would hate to see them try and squish waves 4 and 5 into Nov/Dec. Too much of a glut during the holiday season, which is the worst time to be on the Hunt.

I guess I can answer my own question. According to the YAK, this wave has officially been spotted at TRU.  ;D

Nothing up on their website yet, but I'll be checking my local stores tonight before the Season 3 Premiere.

Great timing!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2010, 12:05 AM »
Be on the lookout for Clone Cash returning in this wave as well.  ;)

« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 12:32 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2010, 02:04 AM »
Yay for the return of Clone Cash! :D

I never had the chance to use it back in '09.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2010, 02:08 AM »
I never, not one time ever, saw Clone Cash in any figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2010, 07:41 AM »
I never, not one time ever, saw Clone Cash in any figure.

Neither did I. Until I went into a WalMart in one of the less affluent areas by me.

Practically every figure in the store had clone cash inside the bubble.

Could have been a coincidence, but I'm a skeptical person, so I doubt it.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2010, 01:40 PM »
I was able to score Clone Cash the first time around in a TCW '09 Mace Windu and '09 Space Gear Anakin.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2010, 09:35 PM »
I never saw any Clone Cash either, but I open very few figures, so who knows.

I came up empty looking for this wave, but I am hopeful they will show up next week to coincide with the big TRU reset.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2010, 07:33 PM »
In one of the four figures I opened from this wave - I got one Clone Cash coupon - so that's a great start.

I'm really getting sick of these Clone Wars figure assortments. Why do they keep insisting on packing the new figures at only 1-per case? The Flamethrower Clone is gonna be a big seller and so might the Goji pilot figure.

Seems like a no-brainer to pack the two new clones in there twice. If you want to only put one R2 and Ki-Adi Mundi in there, fine, but the Clones always sell well when they're first released. Oh wait, that's right, my stores needed more Rex and Cody figures to keep the entire pegs FULL of them that were already there!  :P
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2010, 07:39 PM »
The case assortments are nonsense.  I'm fine with them having their Anakin and Obi Wan out the you know what, but they have the ARF trooper (not even the camo one) in nearly every assortment this fall.  Really?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2010, 08:53 PM »
The case assortments are nonsense.  I'm fine with them having their Anakin and Obi Wan out the you know what, but they have the ARF trooper (not even the camo one) in nearly every assortment this fall.  Really?

I know - it's insane.

In the cases with the Flamethrower Clone wave there is the white ARF Trooper. When I saw that I was like WTF? Is the only assortment with the camo version Wave 2?

Also, I know they got Mundi in the case, but would it have hurt them to also pack in Mace Windu? or even the Battledroid Commander?

If you're going to have only one of each new figure in a case, they you gotta have that figure carry forward to AT LEAST the next assortment to ensure that everyone is able to get what they need/want.
Peter

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2010, 10:25 PM »
Have to agree, Wave 2 has already disappeared (and I only ever saw that at Walmart) and no signs of restocking since then, I only see wave 1 and 1.5 now.

I keep hoping my TRU will get Wave 3 in but then I remember they've never even gotten Wave 2 yet, so who knows.

I'm all caught up but only out of insane diligence.

They definitely need to carry more of the recent waves forward as transition fodder.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2010, 08:35 AM »
saw these and the new display at TRU but passed for now.  I am probably only going to nab the Flamethower clone.