Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 17 (aka Fall 2010 Wave 3)  (Read 14886 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 17 (aka Fall 2010 Wave 3)
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2010, 09:58 AM »
I think one of the Minnesota peeps reported finding this wave at a Target. (!)

Our Targets have not been relevant for weeks now, guess it may be time for another series of runs. Weird that they never even got Wave 2, kinda like how Walmart never got the Aayla/Hondo wave earlier this year.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2010, 11:44 AM »
That was me. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2010, 12:03 PM »
That was me. 

Congrats dude, your post inspired me to resume The Hunt. I found TCW Wave 3 remnants at one of our local Targets this morning - a minty Ki-Adi and a slightly dinged Flamethrower Clone which will become my opener.

No sign of Goji or R2.  :(  But I have at least 5-6 more Targets to hit up before the day is through, so I remain optimistic.

Oh, I also found a lone Clone Trooper from the TVC ROTS wave...weird. Possibly a return? Have not heard of this wave making it to Target yet so I was surprised. I bought him for the hell of it just so I could snag the last remaining UPC I need for my mailaway Boba.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2010, 12:06 PM »

Oh, I also found a lone Clone Trooper from the TVC ROTS wave...weird. Possibly a return? Have not heard of this wave making it to Target yet so I was surprised. I bought him for the hell of it just so I could snag the last remaining UPC I need for my mailaway Boba.

I got most of my ROTS at a Target so I know they have hit Targets. Love to come across the CW stuff now too.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2010, 03:18 PM »
Went back out for another round (1 TRU, 2 Walmarts, 2 Targets) and found R2-D2 (TCW 27) from this wave. I bought him, but after reading the back panel description, which references the movie, I am pretty much convinced this is just a straight re-pack as others have noted.

No matter, I can always swap him out for Goji when I finally find that guy, or another Flame Trooper.

Only a couple of Targets left to hit around here, hoping one will have the rest of what I need so I can call it a weekend. I hate hunting on weekends.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2010, 08:28 PM »
R2 is a straight repack.

There really needed to be a couple of the Flame Trooper in this case, and not more ARF Troopers.  There's only 3 new figures here, and if they're gone when you get there, you'd never know.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2010, 09:17 AM »
Found a mintier Flamethrower Clone at another Target last night, so I was able to swap out that for the R2 I did not need.  ;D

But yet again, I missed Goji. Hmmm, three strikes so far, not a good sign.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2010, 10:23 PM »
Given the fact that I never saw TCW Wave 2 again outside of the first 2 days it hit, and then only in 2 stores, I am thinking I may have already missed scoring my Goji.  :'(

I hit every remaining Target this weekend and ZILCH. Even the remnants are gone. If TRU doesn't get these in this week, I think I am probably out of luck on him.

Really frustrating, because everywhere I turn I see a ridiculous glut of Wave 1/1.5. They clearly over-saturated and now the backlog is squeezing out any chance of finding the later waves, which appear to be shipping in greatly reduced numbers. (At least so far)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2010, 08:52 AM »
I hit every remaining Target this weekend and ZILCH. Even the remnants are gone. If TRU doesn't get these in this week, I think I am probably out of luck on him.

Really frustrating, because everywhere I turn I see a ridiculous glut of Wave 1/1.5. They clearly over-saturated and now the backlog is squeezing out any chance of finding the later waves, which appear to be shipping in greatly reduced numbers. (At least so far)

meh - relax.  the holiday shopping season is upon us.  that will clear the glut of all the pegwarmering figures fo sho.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2010, 09:34 AM »
meh - relax.  the holiday shopping season is upon us.  that will clear the glut of all the pegwarmering figures fo sho.

In September? I think that's a little early. And I think we all know what an added challenge it is trying to snag new figures in that craziness. Would rather not wait until Nov/Dec to buy something that is out now. (assuming I could even find it that much later)

I'm not voicing any concerns others have not already noted about the TVC line and the upcoming ROTJ Wave. We're nearly 2 months past the August relaunch, and 90% of everything you see around town is still those first waves. I think that's going to make it difficult to keep the waves refreshed every 6 weeks like they have talked about. When the new stuff does come out, it's usually a single case at best.

I also think it's all but confirmed that some retail outlets are just skipping certain waves all together. Did anyone ever see TCW Wave 2 at Target? I think they went straight from 1.5 to 3.

Wave 2 literally hit here for like 2 days, and only at a small handful of Walmarts. Maybe there will be a resurgence down the line, but I hate to pin my hopes on that kind of thinking. I haven't seen any sign of those figures for weeks now.

It would be great if TRU got the Wave 3 figs in this week so I could take advantage of that 2 for $11.99 sale, but I'm not holding my breath.

edit: Nevermind, found Goji this morning at 1 of the 2 local Targets that did not restock on Friday. Woot!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 11:19 AM by McMetal »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 4, 2010, 03:13 PM »
Not sure where else to post this, but I had an odd experience returning 2 of the figures from this wave this morning at a local Target.

When I was turning them back in @ Customer Service, the nice lady up front had trouble scanning the Flamethrower Clone, at which point I looked down and discovered to my horror I had brought 1 of my carded versions with the UPC already removed.  :-[

I said "Uh oh, looks like this one has been opened, " but before I could even finish my sentence the girl said "oh don't worry about it, I can just scan the other one since they're the same price."

So they ended up taking back the figure with the missing UPC. I don't know what their exact policy is, but that seems like it probably should not have happened. I am really hoping they don't try to stick it back up for sale; although that one defect may not matter to some people, it's still bad toy karma, IMO. I don't want to have created a situation where some other consumer got screwed somehow. I am hoping they just ship it off as damaged/defective or something like that.

Weird.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: October 5, 2010, 01:21 AM »
they're under the same DPCI's so they don't scan as individual figures, but rather as figures of a specific assortment DPCI.  That's why they're able to do that.    As far as it being some kind of situation, I wouldn't lose any sleep.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #42 on: October 5, 2010, 05:35 PM »
I keep missing the Flamthrower clone and Goji @ Target.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise