Author Topic: Boba Fett  (Read 17861 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Boba Fett
« on: May 24, 2010, 11:48 PM »
Source Images:

Data

Vintage

Modern
Legacy Collection Boba Fett

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
Re: Boba Fett
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 12:35 AM »
Boba is one of the most colourful characters, in the vintage line only lacks the cape, the tlc is perhaps the definitive version.

vintage Boba was one of my figures whose paintjob fade up so I would try to acquire the missile launching Fett on vintage collection redemption.

I can´t bend Tlc Fett arms tomake him grab the rifle with both hands, if someone has photos how to do it I would truly thanks.

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 06:52 AM »

I can´t bend Tlc Fett arms tomake him grab the rifle with both hands, if someone has photos how to do it I would truly thanks.

???  ?  ???

sorry for my pic quality, no cam at the moment... but i could do this. I have that accurate paint Boba carded, but I'm sure will have same result.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 07:11 AM by Theta 288 »

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 09:12 AM »
While there have been a lot of nice modern sculpts of BF, I've never really been happy with any of them. The proportions are never dead on. It's probably incredibly nitpicky (and beyond geeky), but just looking at Scott's source photo from ESB shows a lot of differences between the actual character and the figures - just look at the helmet shape alone - it's more of a squared shape, but they usually sculpt it rectangular. Jeremy Bulloch wasn't the biggest guy, either - BF is usually sculpted with much bulkier and longer limbs than he actually had. Despite is being cliché at this point, I say we're still due an "ultimate" BF figure.

The vintage figure is one of my favorites, though, for sure. The colors alone make him stand out so much from most of the other vintage stuff.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 10:58 AM »
Thanks for the pics Theta 288

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 11:45 AM »
I still remember the day my original Boba Fett came in the mail.  I also got Bossk that way. 

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 12:07 PM »
I always liked Boba, I remember painting my original one to be accurate ;)
I have an older PotF one, the VTSC one and from Fett Legacy though without the chest armor emblem :(
Other than making his helmet a little more accurate ie: flared out, I don't know what else can be done to improve him imho.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Darthfloyd

• Youngling
  • Customizing Fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 06:02 PM »
I'm not going into how much I have always loved the fett, mostly because the action figure was so cool (and probably because I never had one).  But I do love both of these figs, as well as the ROTJ deco Vintage one as well.   There really doesn't need to be a lot done to this fig - I'd call it a done deal, unless of course they want to do one in a vintage paint job.  This should be the go-to model for all realistic male mandos of average build (such as we're getting with Jodo Kast).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 06:38 PM »
Vintage Boba always hung around even into the GI Joe days, and he was always a mysterious bounty hunter type, even with the Joes.  He wasn't as good a figure by comparison, but his coolness as a character at the time kept him in the action figure playing rotation.

For some reason we had 2, and one wound up getting lost and then found some years later outside in the hedges.  Much less colorful too...

I like the modern incarnations of Fett...  The removable helmet one is my favorite, however this is a figure that I think Hasbro could and should update with possibly ball-jointed hips and a poseable range-finder.  Sadly the range-finder was a feature past figures had and current ones do not, which is disappointing.

I like the Evo figure...  I like the VOTC for a ROTJ deco...  They're both pretty cool.  A couple tweaks though, and I'm right there re-buying him.  A better blaster sculpt for the Jedi figure's an option too...  I think they could fix up the softgoods cloak a little too, maybe with a better fabric, but overall I'm pretty pleased with the fabric they've used till now too.

Definitely a figure with a sort of central place on my modern shelves.  I'm not even that big a Fett fan ironically, but he just makes a great action figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 12:15 AM »
I still remember the day my original Boba Fett came in the mail.  I also got Bossk that way. 

Me too.  I also remember holding Boba Fett up to the window of the car on the way to my grandparents' house to make it look like he was flying.  Good times.

I think the Fett Legacy version is a great figure....sitting in my Slave 1 (OTC version) right now.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 10:50 PM »
Like so many, I too remember getting my vintage Fett in the mail. Also remember seeing him in the stores later, with all the cool callouts on the package. That impressed young me. By far the Vintage 12-inch figure was my favorite Star Wars toy ever. It was only because of Boba that any of the other 12-inchers saw any play...man, he and IG-88 would hunt Han and Chewie all the time (and the good guys would usually lose!)

Very much remember seeing the POTF2 version for the first time on the cover of a toy collecting magazine in late '95...and being just totally blown away by the accuracy of the paint job. The character has always been the high-water mark for the toyline.

I had issues with the VOTC version but I got one and wound up liking it. Got the version from the Evolutions set as well (sans tampo) and feel like I won't need another, now that I have both versions of the armor. Well, except for the new mail-away, of course.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 01:16 PM »
I actually don't remember getting mine in the mail, but, know I did because all my card backs have/had the POP's cut out.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #12 on: June 1, 2010, 01:04 AM »
I had POP's cut out for:

Boba Fett
Bossk
Weapons and Accessory pack
4-LOM
The Emperor

I think there are one or two more I got, just flaking on them right now.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2010, 01:05 AM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.