Author Topic: The Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack  (Read 71000 times)

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
Re: The Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack
« Reply #135 on: August 29, 2010, 12:46 PM »
From what I can see, this thing is sitting. I was surprised to see it still at TRU.

Haven't seen one yet. Been looking pretty hard too. Have $50 in rewards certificates specifically earmarked for this.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 29, 2010, 04:33 PM »
Have $50 in rewards certificates specifically earmarked for this.

I thought you could only get $15-$20 in rewards coupons for any given deadline?  Not bad if not...Kuddos if you dropped that much cash to rack in $50   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 2, 2010, 05:12 PM »
I noticed this is available (at least as of now) online at TRU.com - with free shipping.  Still the $109.99 price though.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 2, 2010, 05:56 PM »
From what I can tell, these are sitting here too.  AT-ATs are moving a lot faster.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 2, 2010, 10:36 PM »
With all the reports of slow-moving Slave 1s, I wonder if we'll be seeing Hasbro make an ESB version.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 3, 2010, 05:06 AM »
If they ever sell this version of Slave 1 on it's own, I would probably pick it up.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 3, 2010, 11:52 AM »
I hope they do a sale like they did for the ATAT.  I'll buy one at $90, but not at $110.

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #142 on: September 3, 2010, 03:39 PM »
Have $50 in rewards certificates specifically earmarked for this.

I thought you could only get $15-$20 in rewards coupons for any given deadline?  Not bad if not...Kuddos if you dropped that much cash to rack in $50   ;)

These are from the credit card rewards program.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 3, 2010, 04:53 PM »
With all the reports of slow-moving Slave 1s, I wonder if we'll be seeing Hasbro make an ESB version.

I sure hope we see the ESB version down the road, but its tough to tell with sales.  We've heard that "sales will determine the future" line from Hasbro in the past, specifically recently with big vehicles and although the Falcon, AT-TE, and Turbo Tank all saw wide and in some cases low clearances but we continue to see things like the AT-AT (and now Slave 1).  I went ahead and ordered this pack at TRU.com.  As I've said before, I really want the Slave 1 and Bossk, and the other new figures are nice too....and that, combined with the frustration of the Jabba pack just got me to go ahead and order it.  I doubt I'll be able to unload Mace's fighter on anyone, but in the end I think I'll be happy I got the rest of it.  I'm one of those who would rather have the ESB version, and I really hope we see it next year.  I don't buy a lot of PT/CW ships anymore, but I do have at least a couple from each movie, and like having a nice Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter along with Jango's Slave I from AOTC.  One of my favorite parts of that movie.  You would think a store (hopefully TRU or Target) would love to have the ESB repaint as an exclusive.  You could pack it with the Evo Fett and a new Carbonite block and it would make a pretty spiffy pack.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 3, 2010, 07:46 PM »
You could pack it with the Evo Fett and a new Carbonite block and it would make a pretty spiffy pack.

That would make for a great set, actually.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 13, 2010, 02:33 PM »
I received this set via TRU.com this weekend.  Despite the high price and the fact I could care less about Windu and his fighter, I'm still glad I ordered it.  The Slave I and Bossk, which were the main two reasons I wanted the set, are both amazing.  Another great "big" upgrade vehicle from Hasbro I think - and it really makes me want an ESB version even more now.  Hopefully this does well enough to warrant that next year or beyond.  I was surprised at how much larger this version is than the AOTC one, quite a difference.  Now, bring on Boba's version! :)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #146 on: September 13, 2010, 03:23 PM »
Despite the high price and the fact I could care less about Windu and his fighter, I'm still glad I ordered it. 

That's the spirit and key to getting Boba's! It really is an awesome vehicle and I am really glad they released it. For those hold out's your missing out...
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 14, 2010, 09:23 PM »
In retrospect, I'm really glad I snagged this the first day I saw it at TRU a few weeks back. They have never re-stocked since then in my area for some reason.

I'm in Atlanta for business and checked out a TRU today. They had no CW UBP's on the shelves, but 2 still in boxes above the aisle. Nice.  ::)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 14, 2010, 10:11 PM »
This is going to turn sour in Hasbo's mouth IMO....Great set...I guess, but too expensive $$ with one big box.  I'm passing....   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 15, 2010, 08:48 AM »

I'm in Atlanta for business and checked out a TRU today. They had no CW UBP's on the shelves, but 2 still in boxes above the aisle. Nice.  ::)

Same here in Mishawaka, Indiana.