Author Topic: The Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack  (Read 21829 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2010, 11:38 PM »
Are there pictures of the Slave I floating around anywhere?

I would hope so - somewhere.  Especially if this this box is as heavy as the AT-AT.  Would love to see side by side pics with the old version - unless I missed that somewhere.  Not sure why Hasbro felt the need to include an additional vehicle + figures.  Seems to me the newly sized ship should have sold well on its own, but what do I know?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • DONT TREAD ON ME
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2010, 12:15 AM »
Battle Pack pics from Sandtroopers
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Master_Phruby

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2010, 01:10 AM »
Are there pictures of the Slave I floating around anywhere?

I would hope so - somewhere.  Especially if this this box is as heavy as the AT-AT.  Would love to see side by side pics with the old version - unless I missed that somewhere.  Not sure why Hasbro felt the need to include an additional vehicle + figures.  Seems to me the newly sized ship should have sold well on its own, but what do I know?

Your wish is my command. Here are some pictures of it sitting at TRU along with some size comparison pics. Sorry for the res. It's from my blackberry.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 01:11 AM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2010, 08:56 AM »
I noticed this morning the link I found is no longer active so TRU.com pulled it. Maybe Hasbro does read these threads...
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2010, 09:37 AM »
I noticed this morning the link I found is no longer active so TRU.com pulled it. Maybe Hasbro does read these threads...

That is a low-down, rotten, dirty trick. Guess I won't be getting my email alerting me when this item comes in stock now.  ::)

I'm sorry, but anything they have for sale in a frigging store should be on the damn website too.

Is Hasbro going to hunt down all the people who already bought this and walked out with it? L-A-M-E

I already saw the photos of this in the display case at CV (courtesy Sandtroopers). This is the worst kept secret EVER.
"Those fighting to be included in the ideal of equality are not being divisive; those fighting to keep those people out are."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2010, 12:16 PM »
I'm going to pass on this for now. I definitely want the Slave One, but everything else is junk to me. Maybe if I can get a good deal.
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2010, 12:36 PM »
I'm going to pass on this for now. I definitely want the Slave One, but everything else is junk to me. Maybe if I can get a good deal.

I'm sure you could sell that Astrodroid to make up some of the cost.
I am not the Stig

Offline bikerscout1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have you now Paploo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2010, 01:30 PM »
found it yesterday as well in Culver City.  Another guy on scum (lifeinabox) found it yesterday too.  I found it late though, so he & Phruby beat me.   It's also been spotted in AZ and UT as far as i know.   I submitted the news to RS, but who knows when they'll get to it -theyre all at CV havin a ball.  Lucky ducks!
Are you threatening me master jedi?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2010, 11:09 AM »
Nice find. Once I saw the posting over at Yakface I went to TRU.com. Could this be the listing on TRU.com:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4205503

I can now confirm that the above listing is actually for the AT-AT, not the Rise of Boba Fett UBP.  :'(

I don't see any kind of listing for the UBP yet. Damn!

They still have the wrong item description up for the Nikto Pirate too.
"Those fighting to be included in the ideal of equality are not being divisive; those fighting to keep those people out are."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2010, 02:15 PM »
So has anyone been having luck finding these at their local stores?  I've been checking ours, but they don't seem to have a spot for it right now - and if they did have them in stock, I missed them.  Part of me is still on the fence about this, but I really want the Slave I and Bossk.  I wish they would have just sold the Slave I on its own, as it would be easier to afford something lower than $100 - but oh well.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2010, 11:52 AM »
I found this in the Chicago burbs thanks to a tip from a friend, so it's starting to trickle out from the West Coast. They only had one on the very top shelf.

Here is the kicker: luckily the last one that they had had a price tag on it for $99.99. TRU rarely has price tags on their merchandise, so when I went to pay it rang up for $109.99! I showed them the price tag and they adjusted it to $99.99. So do not be surprised if you find this at that price, hopefully yours will have the tag mine did. The box is slightly smaller than the AT-AT but it feels light. I literally just got home and will open later, I will shoot some pics. This time I have the right number so you guys can find this too.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2010, 04:28 PM »
Meh...Would have preferred this better at a single piece at $40-$50 with no pack-ins or extra vehicles.  TRU also bumped up MP Grimlock by $10.  Oh well, hopefully they send me some coupons again someday.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 04:31 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2010, 07:26 PM »
I found this in the Chicago burbs thanks to a tip from a friend, so it's starting to trickle out from the West Coast. They only had one on the very top shelf.

Here is the kicker: luckily the last one that they had had a price tag on it for $99.99. TRU rarely has price tags on their merchandise, so when I went to pay it rang up for $109.99! I showed them the price tag and they adjusted it to $99.99. So do not be surprised if you find this at that price, hopefully yours will have the tag mine did. The box is slightly smaller than the AT-AT but it feels light. I literally just got home and will open later, I will shoot some pics. This time I have the right number so you guys can find this too.

Congrats dude, that's awesome. Can you also post the Item # and/or UPC when you get a chance? Thanks!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2010, 12:05 AM »
Congrats dude, that's awesome. Can you also post the Item # and/or UPC when you get a chance? Thanks!

Thanks!

Here ya go:

This is a really cool vehicle with only one big flaw which I will get to but first here is a size comparison:

The flaw is the canopy closure connection tolerance, it's too loose. As a Toy Designer I had to create/comment on what seriously needs to be fixed as a running change with this. Hasbro if you are reading this and have not already corrected the canopy problem here is my suggestion:

Otherwise this is a must buy in my book! I love it and look forward to Boba's OTC Slave One.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2010, 01:47 AM »
I saw loads of these this weekend at a couple TRU's.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77