Author Topic: The Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack  (Read 70995 times)

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack
« Reply #150 on: September 15, 2010, 09:27 AM »
I doubt I'll be able to unload Mace's fighter on anyone

Look me up when you do have one to offload and we'll talk turkey.  ;)

A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 15, 2010, 01:05 PM »
A recent Q&A response says the Bossk won't be single carded for at least a year. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 15, 2010, 05:54 PM »
A recent Q&A response says the Bossk won't be single carded for at least a year. 

That's a shame - it's really a great figure. I wish they had just carded him up and thrown him in with the regular waves and left him out of this set.

The Boba I don't care as much about since they are releasing a better version on card later this year.

The astromech is a perfect pack-in since you either want Mace's JSF or you don't and if you don't, it's not like you're gonna run out and pick up the astromech repaint.

I wish they were packing Plo Koon's and Kit Fisto's astromechs in with the two JSFs coming out later this year.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 15, 2010, 07:54 PM »
Somebody sliced Bossk out of the only Slave I set my TRU had on the shelves a week or three ago.  Felt disgusted for some reason - I don't normally see that type of stuff in my neck of the woods.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 15, 2010, 09:57 PM »
I see that all the time. :-\
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 16, 2010, 10:01 PM »

The astromech is a perfect pack-in since you either want Mace's JSF or you don't and if you don't, it's not like you're gonna run out and pick up the astromech repaint.

Not sure about that, there's hardcore astromech fans out there. I'm not one of them, besides BAD's, the last astromech I got was in that Luke-R2 comic pack a few years back.

Yeah, it makes sense as an exclusive pack-in.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #156 on: September 18, 2010, 12:35 AM »
The Slave I and Bossk, which were the main two reasons I wanted the set, are both amazing.  Another great "big" upgrade vehicle from Hasbro I think - and it really makes me want an ESB version even more now.  Hopefully this does well enough to warrant that next year or beyond.  I was surprised at how much larger this version is than the AOTC one, quite a difference.  Now, bring on Boba's version! :)

I had $15 in coupons/TRU rewards burning a hole in my pocket, so I decided to pick up this set tonight at TRU. 

Just got done cracking into the box and I have to say "ditto" to what Brian said.  The new Slave I is a great upgrade.  After goofing around with it for a little while, I'm already jonesing for an ESB repaint.  CW Bossk is a fantastic figure too by the way - SA Lizard bad-assery all around.

I may end up selling off the Mace/Droid/Ship to recoup some cash, but for now I'm really digging the set despite the high price.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 20, 2010, 10:38 AM »
This pack (and a possible ESB repaint) was mentioned in that TF.N collecting podcast as well, and although DePriest did give the usual "we'll have to see how the current set does" line, he also said that they didn't have it slotted in at all and with their line planning lead time, it would be "a few years off" at least.  Hopefully it will get made eventually, and sooner rather than later.  I still wish they would have started with the ESB version :).  It does make me wonder what the potential "big item" for 2011 could be, but I guess that's a topic for another thread.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2010, 04:14 PM »
I caved and bought this as well last week.  The Slave One is pretty damn awesome, but I still hate the format forcing one to fork over more than a hundred bucks to get it.  At least I already sold everything else in the set to a local collector.

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #159 on: September 22, 2010, 11:28 PM »
Well, I'm probably what you'd consider a pretty hard core astrdroid collector, and I haven't gotten this set yet, so if anyone has picked it up and wants to unload the droid, drop me a line.  I don't have any interest in another Slave (biggerish or not), have enough JSFs, and don't do any of the animated line except for the droids. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #160 on: October 3, 2010, 01:40 PM »
Check your newspaper today for the weekly TRU ad - in most markets, the ad has a "$10 gift card with $75+ purchase" coupon on the front page.  In addition, the ad shows the Rise of Fett box set on sale for just $89.99 and the exclusive CW Nikto Guard is free with $30+ purchase.

If you clip that coupon and then print one of the "$5 off $25+ purchase" coupons (NOTE: today is the last day for this coupon), you can get yourself the Rise of Fett Slave I box set, a free CW Nikto Guard, and a $10 gift card for just $85 plus tax today.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2010, 01:43 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 3, 2010, 10:06 PM »
That's a great deal, but I'm just too damn lazy to go through all the returns at this point. Maybe this week I will change my tune though, I could use the extra $30 back in my pocket.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 4, 2010, 01:26 PM »
Went ahead and returned my Nikto Guard and Slave 1 UBP today at TRU to take advantage of the deals. They were totally cool about it. Got around $27 back total, not too shabby. (The original price on my UBP was $105, not the $99 it is listed for now)

Jeff, thanks for the tip. Kinda bummed I missed on the gift card, but I'm sure it will come around again.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 4, 2010, 01:41 PM »
Went ahead and returned my Nikto Guard and Slave 1 UBP today at TRU to take advantage of the deals. They were totally cool about it. Got around $27 back total, not too shabby. (The original price on my UBP was $105, not the $99 it is listed for now)

Can't you just bring in your receipt to get a price adjustment instead of lugging that stuff back to the store and having to rebuy it?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 4, 2010, 03:05 PM »
Can't you just bring in your receipt to get a price adjustment instead of lugging that stuff back to the store and having to rebuy it?

I think probably if you just wanted the price difference back on the UBP, that would be no problem. Mine was a little messier because I wanted my money back for the Nikto Guard, which was on a separate ticket, and then in order to get it free they had to ring up the UBP again. Or something like that.

This actually worked to my advantage though, because I was able to exchange the UBP I had purchased weeks ago for one with a slightly mintier box with a much less bendy Bossk weapon.