Author Topic: Jedidefender Fantasy Football 2010  (Read 36600 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Jedidefender Fantasy Football 2010
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2010, 09:37 PM »
One of my better RBs is out for the season, so now I'm looking to trade a decent WR for a decent RB if anyone is interested

Sure thing, but it'll take more than Devon Hester if you want Brandon Jackson.   ;)  Welker or Austin and we can start talking.

Heh, yeah, should have offered a better trade, but why not shoot for the stars? :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2010, 10:46 PM »

Sure thing, but it'll take more than Devon Hester if you want Brandon Jackson.   ;)  Welker or Austin and we can start talking.

Pffft.  Yeah right.  Keep dreaming Rob.

???

What's odd to you about the idea of Jackson for Welker or Jackson for Austin?  He's the starting RB on one of the best offenses in the league.  If he stays healthy, he'll put up more points than either of those guys over 15 games (not counting week 1 when Ryan Grant was starting).  

Quite frankly, I don't think that I'd trade Jackson straight up for either one of them.  I certainly don't need to do anything trade-wise at the moment.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 10:56 PM by Rob »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2010, 11:25 PM »
Rob, you're insane.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2010, 09:42 AM »

Sure thing, but it'll take more than Devon Hester if you want Brandon Jackson.   ;)  Welker or Austin and we can start talking.

Pffft.  Yeah right.  Keep dreaming Rob.

???

What's odd to you about the idea of Jackson for Welker or Jackson for Austin?  He's the starting RB on one of the best offenses in the league.  If he stays healthy, he'll put up more points than either of those guys over 15 games (not counting week 1 when Ryan Grant was starting).  

Quite frankly, I don't think that I'd trade Jackson straight up for either one of them.  I certainly don't need to do anything trade-wise at the moment.

Maybe because Brandon Jackson has accomplished zero in his career so far, has a career season high of 248 yards and 2 TDs in a season, and you're talking about trading him for established studs like Welker and Austin who have reached 1,000 yards and 10+ TDs.

I know Travis likes to get on me because the 'Boys started 0-2 and the O-line haven't blocked for Marion Barber and Felix Jones, but I still wouldn't trade you either one of them for Brandon Jackson.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 09:44 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2010, 10:20 AM »
Maybe because Brandon Jackson has accomplished zero in his career so far, has a career season high of 248 yards and 2 TDs in a season, and you're talking about trading him for established studs like Welker and Austin who have reached 1,000 yards and 10+ TDs.

Same could be said about any guy who finally gets the starting opportunity after a few years of not having it.  Jahvid Best had done zero in his career so far except that in the last two games he scored 5 TD's.  Like I said, at the end of the year (if healthy) he'll have more points in our league than either of those two guys.  I'm perfectly happy to not trade him, and he's certainly far more valuable than Devon Hester (which was the initial offer).  He was a second round pick, the Packers love him as a RB, and for the first time the job is his.  He'll be productive.

I'm all for finding consistent guys to build your team around (why I took Brees and Wayne with 1 and 2) and avoided guys like Felix Jones, but you've got to fill out a roster with guys who are the next big thing, not the last big thing.

I know Travis likes to get on me because the 'Boys started 0-2 and the O-line haven't blocked for Marion Barber and Felix Jones, but I still wouldn't trade you either one of them for Brandon Jackson.

That's fine and dandy, because I wouldn't want either one of them for Brandon Jackson.  Why would I trade a guy who's going to get the bulk of the carries on a good offense for a guy who's splitting carries on a sputtering offense?   ???

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2010, 10:40 AM »
The Star Trib had an article on Brandon Jackson this morning.  In it, they stated that the fans have taken to chanting "Crawl Brandon Crawl!" everytime he runs, since he only gets 2-3 yards per try.  Poor guy. 

He is a starter for one of the most explosive offenses this year and given his stats thus far, I'd be starting him if he was on my team.  Austin has been stellar thus far, so that offer is a bit out of line.  Welker's doing great too, but likely won't continue with that kind of TD production.  I actually think Welker for BJ is pretty fair if you have a surpluss of WR's on your team.  You can only start 3 at the end of the day, so if you've got 4 guys you like and only 1 RB, it makes sense to trade.  All depends on how much you like your other starters and who you have waiting on deck.

I'm looking for a WR or RB upgrade if anyone has a high performer they want to trade. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2010, 11:14 AM »
He is a starter for one of the most explosive offenses this year and given his stats thus far, I'd be starting him if he was on my team.  Austin has been stellar thus far, so that offer is a bit out of line.  Welker's doing great too, but likely won't continue with that kind of TD production. 

Yep... Jackson's only been at it for one game.  The yardage wasn't there, but he did score.  We'll know more in a few weeks, but McCarthy likes him, he's got the pedigree, and he should be able to do as well as Grant once he gets going. 

Last week it was:

Miles Austin - 10.47
Wes Welker - 8.53
Brandon Jackson - 8.60

So yeah, pretty comparable so far.

Welker I still consider an injury risk.  Once someone shreds a knee like that I want to see them stay healthy for a year and be productive before I consider them worth drafting (unless it's later in the draft) or trading for. 

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2010, 12:40 PM »
Remember, that yardage and TD was against the Bills - the worst team in football.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2010, 01:21 PM »
Remember, that yardage and TD was against the Bills - the worst team in football.

He only had 11 carries.  
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 01:35 PM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2010, 02:48 PM »

He only had 11 carries.  

Because he split 50-50 with John Kuhn, who actually performed much better than Brandon Jackson (who has averaged 3 ypc the last 2 seasons).

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2010, 02:53 PM »
Kuhn got 9 carries and the Packers barely ran the ball.  There's no ambiguity about it, Jackson's their feature back.  Kuhn is the goal-line and short yardage guy.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2010, 03:12 PM »
Kuhn got 9 carries and the Packers barely ran the ball.  There's no ambiguity about it, Jackson's their feature back.  Kuhn is the goal-line and short yardage guy.

No ambiguity except that Jackson only got half the carries.  And except Kuhn ran it better.  Got it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 03:13 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2010, 03:18 PM »
I was surprised to see Kuhn get that much work.  He's busy playing the FB role most of the time.  My fear about BJ is/was that Kuhn vultures all his TD opportunities.  If the guy can't break long runs and gets replaced at the stripe, then he's not going to get you many points.  

But it didn't happen that way on Sunday.  They ran Jackson at the 8 for 3yds, passed to Jones for 4yds, then put Jackson back in for the 1yd TD.  I would have thought Kuhn was a lock right there and maybe he would have come in if BJ didn't get on the first try, but BJ is a more appealing option given the play calling last week.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2010, 03:52 PM »
Kuhn got 9 carries and the Packers barely ran the ball.  There's no ambiguity about it, Jackson's their feature back.  Kuhn is the goal-line and short yardage guy.

No ambiguity except that Jackson only got half the carries.  And except Kuhn ran it better.  Got it.

Right.  The fullback with 96 yards rushing for his entire 5 year career is a threat to ruin Jackon's fantasy football value.  Got it.  Meanwhile, most of his carries came in the second half, and most of those were once the Packers were up 20-7.  Because we all know that teams who lose feature backs the week before always put their best guy out there in the 4th quarter with a big lead.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 04:01 PM by Rob »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2010, 12:12 AM »

He only had 11 carries.  

So 2.63 YPC against the worst team in football.

Ronnie Brown racked up 65 yards on 13 carries against the Bills in week 1 (5 YPC).

Yeah, he's the RB on a hot team, but that doesn't change the fact that he sucks.

He was a great pickup for you as he didn't cost you anything but let's not pretend this guy is on the same level as Miles Austin - a guy who is one of the top 3 receivers in football so far this year.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 08:53 AM by ruiner »