Author Topic: Jedidefender Fantasy Football 2010  (Read 36613 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Jedidefender Fantasy Football 2010
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2010, 01:24 AM »
Not yet... I'm just saying that I think that by the end of the year they will be comparable is all.  We'll see.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2010, 12:37 PM »
Blowout recap:

Weak 1:

Weak 2:

Weak 3:

Not official yet, but my money is on Dressel again - (on the receiving end of course):

« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 12:37 PM by ruiner »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2010, 12:57 PM »
Marin still has Aaron Rogers and Green Bay's defense too.

And next week the Cowboys are on their bye.   :-X

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2010, 05:29 PM »
I can understand with all the time Rob is saving by residing in the basement of our fantasy baseball league, he has extra time to spend here.

PS.  Statistically I was the unluckiest team by just happening to have the most points scored against through 3 weeks.  By a lot.  That's a statistic that actually records and documents unluckiness.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2010, 05:56 PM »
Well, luck or drafting, your team stinks like an unwashed jock strap.  Hope you can keep up that average for week 6!   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2010, 05:59 PM »
I can understand with all the time Rob is saving by residing in the basement of our fantasy baseball league, he has extra time to spend here.

That's what happens when you get stuck auto-drafting in a sport that you don't really follow.  

PS.  Statistically I was the unluckiest team by just happening to have the most points scored against through 3 weeks.  By a lot.  That's a statistic that actually records and documents unluckiness.

Uh...

Week 01:  You would have beaten Caprica Buccaneers by 0.23 points - everyone else you'd have lost to.
Week 02:  You would have beaten Caprica Buccaneers by 4.19 points - everyone else you'd have lost to.
Week 03:  I'm the only team you have more points than, but I've got 3 guys left to go.  Unless those guys fail to score 11.38 more points, we'll be able to say that you'd have lost to everyone.

That doesn't document bad luck, that documents a bad team.  But, hey, whatev...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 06:05 PM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2010, 07:01 PM »
Rob, every team just happened to score 95 points against me earning the "blowout" designation you keep posting.

I know I'd have lost on average to the majority of teams by a touchdown or two.  I get it.

I'm just saying that the whole "blowout" thing is lack of luck.  Most other opponents those weeks would not have yielded those results.

And as for your whole lame excuse about baseball, please.  Oh, I autodrafted!  Oh, I don't care about the sport.  Yeah okay maybe because you suck.  If I were a loser like you I'd post graphic after graphic in the baseball thread illustrating how you have been beaten down like a red-headed stepchild for 6 whole months.

Me?  I had 3 bad Sundays so far this season.  My record in fantasy football in the JD League is really, really good.  Playoffs most years.  3 Superbowls and a championship.

Whatever your reason is for being an a-hole the past couple weeks, you're being a stupid loser.  Maybe it's because you're about to get the rump-wrangling of your lifetime over in the political arena?  Must suck to see your precious heroes about to be swept away by a tsunami like none other that they've ever seen or heard of.  Have fun on November 2nd, I'm gonna have a ball.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2010, 07:12 PM »
And as for your whole lame excuse about baseball, please.  Oh, I autodrafted!  Oh, I don't care about the sport.  Yeah okay maybe because you suck.  If I were a loser like you I'd post graphic after graphic in the baseball thread illustrating how you have been beaten down like a red-headed stepchild for 6 whole months.

Sure... whatever.  Last time I didn't auto-draft, I won that league.  The last two years for whatever reason I haven't been able to make it.  My fault for not ranking players better I suppose, but thems the breaks.  I don't get all worked up about it because it's just not that important to me.  

Whatever your reason is for being an a-hole the past couple weeks, you're being a stupid loser.  Maybe it's because you're about to get the rump-wrangling of your lifetime over in the political arena?  Must suck to see your precious heroes about to be swept away by a tsunami like none other that they've ever seen or heard of.  Have fun on November 2nd, I'm gonna have a ball.

I thought I pretty much dropped the smack-talk nonsense after week one.  Since then I just threw out some numbers, if you want to look for an A-hole, Travis has you covered.  

That's cute that you think I have political heroes (I most definitely don't) but let's try to avoid having that section spill over into this one.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 07:14 PM by Rob »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2010, 09:28 PM »
I'm not talking smack, I'm posting a recap of what's going on in the JD Fantasy Football league.

???
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 09:28 PM by ruiner »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2010, 10:00 PM »
Oh boy.

Um, Rob, sorta apologize, I thought that was you posting those "blowout" graphics this time, I didn't realize it was Travis who was being the ******* on this occasion.  My mistake.

Online Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 3, 2010, 04:06 PM »
Generally I don't comment on trade offers I receive, no matter how absurd they are but this one was pretty much insulting:

Pierre Thomas for LaDainian Tomlinson. 

I wasn't aware I appeared to be THAT stupid.   ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 3, 2010, 04:36 PM »
Did that happen after today's game?

Going into today's game:

Tomlinson: 208 yards rushing, 1 TD and 60 yards receiving.   23.87 points
Thomas:  144 yards rushing, 1 TD and 133 yards receiving.   24.67 points

Tomlinson had a big game today, but Thomas (is he hurt?) is still supposed to be the starting RB on a good offense.  I think you're probably right to reject it and all if Tomlinson is really the guy in NY, but is it really that insulting of an offer?

Online Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 3, 2010, 05:33 PM »
Yeah, it came at the end of the game.  I guy who's hurt for a guy that's shown himself to be revitalized and a focal point in an offense?  It's a running back from a run-centric team for a running back from a pass-centric team. 

Honestly going forward.... PT's already shown himself to be an injury risk.  At LT's age he IS an injury risk.  From that front they're no different so it comes down to the team philosophy.  I wouldn't have made that trade last week or right after the draft.  But coming after PT misses the game and LT puts up as much in one game as he has all season?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 3, 2010, 06:18 PM »
Patrick definitely isn't trying to swindle anyone, and he likes to throw trade offers out there, more than anyone else in this league.  If you weren't sold on Tomlinson and thought Shonn Greene stood a chance of taking his job, it could be a chance to sell high.  The timing is obvious, but I probably wouldn't be insulted by it if it were me. 

Online Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 3, 2010, 08:27 PM »
Yeah, he throws out lots of trades including a two for two earlier that included both players plus another on each side.  He withdrew it before I could reject but I would have regardless.  It's the timing of this one with a missed game by one player and another doubling his year's points that looked silly. 

I get the sell high philosophy but isn't it up to me to initiate the sale in general?