Author Topic: Jedidefender Fantasy Football 2010  (Read 36529 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Jedidefender Fantasy Football 2010
« Reply #165 on: December 12, 2010, 12:20 PM »
Never mind... I see that the Giants game will be on Monday still just in Detroit...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 12, 2010, 12:57 PM »
Holy crap - did you guys see the footage of the Metrodome roof collapsing?  Guess that improves the Vikings position on getting a new stadium.   :o
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 13, 2010, 09:36 AM »
Clearly they sabotaged the whole thing to that end.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 13, 2010, 01:27 PM »
Clearly they sabotaged the whole thing to that end.

;)  If so, I think they must have sabotaged it years ago.  I kept an eye on some of the other dome games on Sunday and seems like they all have more reinforcement/structures going across the top.  The Silverdome for example seems to have metal rails/guards up all over the place.  Anyone know if there are other domes with the same hot-air & teflon design?

By the way, I found this pretty interesting:

"According to the Metrodome Web site, the roof has collapsed before. It happened just 48 days after the roof was first inflated in 1981. Wet, heavy snow was the cause then, too. The stadium was completed in 1982."

From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 21, 2010, 11:06 PM »
And then there were two.  Good luck this weekend J!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 28, 2010, 11:31 PM »
Barring any corrections, congratulations to Jim (chuckles) on the win. 

Close call Justin, congrats on a good season and on very nearly calling how much you'd lose by (comment on your team - 16 points (actual 15) when you needed 17 from Vick).  Still can't believe the Vikings won that one.

As a side note, Scott had me by .01 for 7th place earlier today but we seem tied again tonight. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 28, 2010, 11:36 PM »

There's too much luck involved.

Truer words.  Top team loses in first round.  6-7 team wins league having three 10 point contributions on the bench.  More than any other fantasy sport, luck matters here.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 29, 2010, 04:00 AM »
As a side note, Scott had me by .01 for 7th place earlier today but we seem tied again tonight. 

That score's been jumping around too, earlier I saw that Scott was ahead .19 to .18, then later you were up .21 to .20. Last I checked it was dead even at .20.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 29, 2010, 08:34 AM »
Barring any corrections, congratulations to Jim (chuckles) on the win. 

Close call Justin, congrats on a good season and on very nearly calling how much you'd lose by (comment on your team - 16 points (actual 15) when you needed 17 from Vick).  Still can't believe the Vikings won that one.

Nice win Jim!  That is just exactly the way my season has been going across all my leagues.  I missed out on first round playoffs in another league by .9pts and had the top score the next two weeks (while out of contention).  I actually thought the Eagles would be so far ahead that they would bench Vick before I could get enough points.  Just too many turnovers from Vick sapping away the points.  Man, the way he was throwing to the Vikes last night maybe he should be their new QB?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #174 on: December 29, 2010, 10:17 AM »
Congrats Jim on the win

I was going to complain about my first round loss but saved my breath...I have no idea how Crabtree got on my starting line up and I totally missed Gates not playing.

I really think my team got killed by injuries, healthy years for DeAngelo Williams, Clinton Portis and Gates and I think I would have been right there....which is where luck plays in to the whole deal

Which is why I hate Fantasy playoffs and we don't have them in my money league.  The champion of the league should be the one who excels all year long not the last 2-3 weeks of the season.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 29, 2010, 10:47 AM »
Congrats to the underdog.  Nice to see an 8 seed (and the guy who knocked me out of the playoffs) win the whole thing.

I had another league where my team was totally loaded, Adrian Peterson, Mike Tolbert, Phillip Rivers, Roddy White, Marques Colston, Steven Jackson, and Jason Whitten... but I lost in the second round because AP didn't end up playing last week despite reports that he would.  I had four guys on my bench who'd have given me enough points.

In another league (with a $150 gift card for Dick's Sporting Goods on the line) I had Jon Kitna go out of the game with a hip injury, and Mike Tolbert got hurt before he could come up with anything either - I lost by 6 points.

Luck of the draw.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 29, 2010, 02:29 PM »
Sad to see the FF season end.

Hopefully we'll have football next year.

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 29, 2010, 06:34 PM »
Thanks everyone. Was definitely a shocking and unexpected victory. Hell, I wasn't even expecting to get out of first round, let alone win 3 straight. I'll be the first to admit that my team was hardly one of the better ones in the league entering the playoffs (the 8 seed was certainly fitting) but, as it's been stated here before, it's all about luck, especially once the playoffs start.