Community > Other Toy Lines

Prince of Persia Toys from MacFarlane Toys

(1/4) > >>

Pete_Fett:
The Prince of Persia toys have gone on clearance at TRU. So 3.75" figures are $4.98 and the Almut Gate playset is now $13.98.

I picked up the Zolm and Setam figures to display as "bad guys" with my Indy stuff since they are the same scale.

I'm thinking about picking up the Gate playset to have another environment to display my Indy figures with.

I guess TRU's confidence in the line has dropped with the lack-luster performance of the movie.

efranks:
That's kind of funny since TRU isn't always known to be on the cutting edge of the discounts.  I expected Target to be the first to slash their prices. 

I'd pick up a couple of the bad guy figs for cheap and wouldn't mind the horse set.  I don't know about the gate, though.  But if it was dirt cheap I might.

E...

Pete_Fett:

--- Quote from: efranks on June  8, 2010, 12:14 PM ---I'd pick up a couple of the bad guy figs for cheap and wouldn't mind the horse set.  I don't know about the gate, though.  But if it was dirt cheap I might.

--- End quote ---

The gate is down to $13.98 now - so I think I'm gonna go back on the way home from work tonight and pick it up. It looks pretty cool for display purposes. I'll probably just use the Dastan figure that comes with it as another "Arabian Thug" that Indy is facing off against.

The Zolm and Setam figures are actualy pretty nice. I opened them up during lunch. Nicely detailed and well articulated.

efranks:
If you pick up the Gate, snap some photos of it.  I've looked at it in the box and I've seen some photos of people using it as a backdrop, but I haven't found a really good photo shoot of it and all it's features with figures around it.

I was looking at them tonight in Target again and the 6" figures are on sale this week but the others are regular price.  I agree that the Zolm and Setam figures look nice.  Really good thugs.  Do they have ball joined necks like Indy/SW/Joe or are they pegged?

E...

Pete_Fett:

--- Quote from: efranks on June  8, 2010, 06:34 PM ---I was looking at them tonight in Target again and the 6" figures are on sale this week but the others are regular price.  I agree that the Zolm and Setam figures look nice.  Really good thugs.  Do they have ball joined necks like Indy/SW/Joe or are they pegged?

--- End quote ---

They are doubly ball jointed if that makes sense. The head has a small ball socket, the next has a small ball socket and then there is a peg that has a ball at each end that plugs into both sockets. This is how Zolm is put together. I'm guessing that Setam is the same way, his head didn't come off when I gave it a tug, so I didn't want to force it and possibly break it.

I'm going to gate the get in a few minutes, not sure I'll be able to take pics tonight, but I will as soon as I can.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version