Author Topic: A-Team  (Read 3728 times)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
A-Team
« on: June 10, 2010, 03:30 PM »
Anyone getting these?  I'll probably only pick up the van. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: A-Team
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 03:37 PM »
Anyone getting these?  I'll probably only pick up the van. 

Passing on the figures, but was thinking the same thing about the van.  Always wanted one as a kid.  Seems kinda plain and chunky though and not quite worth $25, but I might bite if I see it on sale.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 04:33 PM »
I'm getting some stuff for customs and that's it, but I have to say after talking with the company making these at TOy Fair, they're some of the coolest guys we got to meet out there.  Very open/talkative, very hands-on with their prototypes and stuff.  They had no fear of us getting in and looking at stuff close and handling some items.

They  were really excited about the product line-up too, and their sculpts.  I think the sculpts are pretty nice too, having seen the figures, and so I'd dig having a handful of them for SW customizing.  I'm sorta hopeful that company takes it a step further and goes into other toy arenas.  They've got good stuff, and if they were picking up a license I was more into, I'd be pretty geeked to buy their stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 06:01 PM »
Passing on the figures, but was thinking the same thing about the van.  Always wanted one as a kid.  Seems kinda plain and chunky though and not quite worth $25, but I might bite if I see it on sale.

If you find it at TRU it's $19.99.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 11:51 AM »
I had the van from the old line (and the four "team" members...I don't know if they made anyone else), and the movie hype has made me tempted to check at my parents' house to see if those things were still there.  I played the heck out of that van I know, although it always bothered me (as a kid) that there was a driver permanently molded into the driver's seat.

I've seen the new figures at Target, and they don't look too bad.  I'm really trying to stay away from too much "other" stuff, so I won't be buying, but they look pretty nice.  I wonder if they will take-off with kids or not.  A-Team doesn't really seem to be a big "kids" movie, as much as a "guys" movie, but who knows.  I see reviews are fairly positive, mainly saying "Shakespeare it ain't, but a fun action movie".

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 12:00 PM »
I'll probably pick up the four guys and the van when Target puts them on sale.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 11:44 PM »
The old 3.75" line had 4 badguys as well Brian...  One was an Indian, one had an eye patch...  They were more like a Kenner SW figure than a GI Joe though, oddly.  Very lame.

I always wanted the old boat from the original line and passed on it when I was a kid for I think Face's vette...  What a stupid move.  That boat was cool.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 11:30 AM »
Caved on the van this morning for $12.48 at Target.  Figures were $2.50ish, but not going there.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 04:36 PM »
Wow. They put them on clearance pretty quickly.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 06:28 PM »
I was surprised to see this today also, they'd been slow but steady sellers.  Picked up all the figs except for Face (sold out), for $2-something each.  Van was 50% also but didn't buy it.  Not sure if I will, it is cool, but I don't feel the need to have it.

Wouldn't mind tracking down Face just to complete the set.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"