Author Topic: Empty Target Pegs  (Read 17354 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Empty Target Pegs
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2010, 02:38 PM »
I went to Target yesterday, and was surprised to see that there was an assortment of TCW and Legacy. All the previous black/white Saesee Tiins, Xizor/Leia CPs and Admiral Yularens were GONE. A great indication that a Hasbro rep had been there. Also, this Target had, while minimally, restocked: there were cases of TCW 2010 w/ Snow Obi and Ani, plus some Cad Banes and Kit Fistos, all w/ Nahdarr Vebb promos. As for Legacy, I found Commander Baccara (for the first time in the wild).

I also noticed that a Hett/Mundi CP that's been on the pegs for weeks now sported a CV promo sticker. Obviously a scam. 
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 03:20 PM »
I haven't seen a single Talz, and really haven't seen much of that wave even.  My WM just recently got some of it in in the last month I'd say, and not a ton.

Bummer as the Talz was a CW figure I actually wanted, as was the Tactical Droid.  Go figure that I can't find both.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 05:03 PM »
I find it facinating that they are yanked so soon. Isn't August the proposed release date (obviously meaning sometime July)? It's about a month away now, but wouldn't retailers want to have product to offer someone who might be late to the game, or waiting for that cool SW gift for their June/July birthday that they hadn't gotten yet? But I suppose if it's just the pegwarmers and not the recent waves (I still see the ESB wave and not any past ones) I can see that.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 08:57 AM »
Saw the same thing on my runs yesterday...first in about a month. Walmart just has dregs from last year and the Targets are wiped out completely. It does seem pretty asinine to maintain that empty shelf space for a whole month+.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 10:04 AM »
or they will get dumped at a TJ Maxx/Ross/Marshalls/etc some time this fall...

Yep. That's what I was thinking. How long until and which store?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 12:25 PM »
Just the opposite here in Central Texas. The Targets have a few early Red Card waves of CW and hardly any Legacy while the Wal-Marts are wiped clean. Very odd.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2010, 04:20 PM »
or they will get dumped at a TJ Maxx/Ross/Marshalls/etc some time this fall...

Yep. That's what I was thinking. How long until and which store?

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall in the past that Hasbro has said they destroy figures that are pulled from the pegs... I hope I'm wrong at least.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2010, 04:40 PM »
That's correct - if it's merchandise that Hasbro has pulled from the stores due to overstocking problems, Hasbro has said in the Q&A that have to "damage out" the items and destroy them.  It sucks they can't just donate it, but there is a whole host of reasons why they can't do that.

However, if it's excess stock that was never sold to big retail in the first place (which is what I was talking about with DR), like if they made more than Walmart/Target/TRU ended up ordering, that is the stuff that will get dumped at TJMaxx/Marshalls/Ross/BigLots, or where ever.

So, if it's Yularens and Saesees from Target/Wal-Mart pegs, they'll get destroyed; but if it's unsold cases of CW Wave 13 that Target/TRU/Walmart didn't want in the first place, those'll get dumped to the overstock stores.

That's just Hasbro though - the retailers themselves can do things differently and sometimes do.  I know there have been times in the past that Target has dumped unsold clearance merchandise at Salvation Army/Goodwill/etc.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 04:42 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2010, 12:00 AM »
It's actually kind of sad to think of those Yularen figs getting trashed.  I picked up an extra for the table and if they hadn't disappeared so soon, I probably would have bought one or two more.  They disappeared from Target so I made WM stop and bought one, next day the rest were gone so I snuck one in.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 1, 2010, 11:46 AM »
Stopped by my local Target this morning and ALL Star Wars toys were pulled from the pegs/shelves and they were in the process of clearancing the entire line.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 1, 2010, 02:28 PM »
It's disappointing to see how behind Target is. Anyways, TRU is getting new shipments of TVC wave 1. From reports, neither Target nor Wal-mart has gotten these.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 7, 2010, 01:15 PM »
So I went to a Target yesterday and was appalled to see all basic figures (save for 2 TCW Anakins w/ grapple line and 1 Malakilli) completely gone. The Star Wars section was heavily reduced to only a few pegs, and Galactic Heroes sets and role-play lightsabers were strewn on the pegs that belonged to basic figures. What I found interesting was that at the bottom of the shelves were numerous electronic lightsabers in the "Shadow of the Darkside" packaging.

As I was walking along the toy aisle I noticed that in the endcap of the Barbie section was a AT-TE support squad Deluxe set and 1 Gungan Warrior figure. Both were heavily layered in dust and grime, which probably means they were in storage for a long time.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2010, 06:37 PM »
I was in a Target today for the first time in a couple of weeks - I was shocked to find that there isn't even a Star Wars section anymore.

In the clearance section there was a lone Clone Wars Y-Wing and a few Clonetrooper Helmets, but that was it.

I wonder if that new "marquee" area that they have in most stores that has recently featured Iron Man 2, Bakugan and Toy Story 3 is going to be used to feature the new Star Wars stuff in a couple of weeks.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2010, 02:35 AM »
It could be...  Though a reset is probably pretty due for the toy aisle soon since they like to get a jump on the X-Mas season around August time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2010, 02:31 PM »
I wonder if that new "marquee" area that they have in most stores that has recently featured Iron Man 2, Bakugan and Toy Story 3 is going to be used to feature the new Star Wars stuff in a couple of weeks.

From what I've seen, Pete, that section is going to be used for the new Transformers stuff that's coming out at the end of this month (and that has been out at TRU for the past several weeks).  My Target was in the midst of doing a huge reset of the entire toy department and the only lines that still had dedicated space at the moment were Iron Man, Marvel Universe, DC Universe, and Toy Story.  One entire side of the aisle had been cleared and had the "Something New is Coming Soon" signage on the wall, so I'd assume this is where the fall Hasbro onslaught of SW, GIJ:POC, and the regular TF section are going to wind up.