Author Topic: Deluxe Series 4 - Death Star  (Read 188074 times)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Series 4 - Death Star
« Reply #240 on: February 6, 2012, 04:10 PM »
Got my shipping notice from NCS at long last today. 

WOOHOOOO!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 6, 2012, 06:52 PM »
Got mine too.  My box should arrive on Thursday.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 6, 2012, 09:56 PM »
Got mine too.  My box should arrive on Thursday.

Thursday by end of day for me too.  Sweet.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 6, 2012, 10:34 PM »
HLJ shipped my box out a few days ago, but my cheap ass chose SAL shipping, so I guess I've got a long wait ahead of me...

Also I got my background card in the mail today. Opened it up and found it was creased in a couple of spots! Not too majorly noticeable but I was still pretty bummed. I rechecked the listing and the seller stated that if insurance isn't purchased they take no responsibility for damage.  Oh well, no big deal, but its frustrating that they just stuck it in a bubble mailer along with 1 piece of cardboard not even the length of the display...  >:(

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 7, 2012, 12:18 AM »
What was the name of the seller?
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 7, 2012, 12:55 AM »
"siupo23"

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 7, 2012, 09:11 AM »
Man, that's terrible.  I recently bought a set of 9 cards (9 piece vintage wacky packages checklist/puzzle actually) off ebay, and, most sellers stack them, put them in a cheap plastic case (which is good since it's an inexpensive, rigid little box that protects), then put that in a cardboard shipping box, for mailing.

This seller left the cards in a cheap, old 3x3 binder sleeve, and then just put the sleeve in an envelope and mailed that, with not even a reinforcing piece of cardboard.  I emailed them saying how careless and thoughtless that was, and their response was: "oh, sorry, I'm new to ebay and still learning how to ship stuff."

I really only needed one piece of that puzzle, and that particular card wasn't damaged.  But man, some people simply just don't care.

Oh yeah, my set of DX4, the basic 6 and both chases (no background), is on the way.  Got all 8 figs for $489 shipped.  My guy comes through again. =) Although, he had a really difficult time this time putting together a complete set.  Was this a lower production run this time, did shops get shorted?  He made it seem like they weren't nearly as plentiful as the last series.  Not just the chases, but cases overall (although fewer cases also means fewer chases.)

Anyway, I'm glad to have secured these guys. 
« Last Edit: February 7, 2012, 09:16 AM by Sir Real »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 7, 2012, 11:01 AM »
Under $500?  Wow.  Congrats on getting a completed set at that price.  Any chance your guy can help out this guy?   ;)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 7, 2012, 07:21 PM »

I guess if I don't hear from him I may still have a basic set of 6 plus Probot available...

If he falls through, keep me in mind.

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 7, 2012, 09:40 PM »
I really only needed one piece of that puzzle, and that particular card wasn't damaged.  But man, some people simply just don't care.

You said it. Next time I'll work out the shipping details with the seller beforehand if I'm buying something delicate.

Was this a lower production run this time, did shops get shorted?  He made it seem like they weren't nearly as plentiful as the last series.  Not just the chases, but cases overall (although fewer cases also means fewer chases.)

Congrats on getting your full set at that price--you are a lucky man to have that overseas connection! I wonder if production's down or if more sellers were after cases to resell, after seeing how high stuff sold for with DX3. DX4 did seem like there were fewer available preorders and stuff, but I feel like I've seen more DX4 chases and full sets on ebay and yahoo than I did for DX3.

What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall of Medicom headquarters for a day... (and speak Japanese.) :)
« Last Edit: February 7, 2012, 09:44 PM by MikeT »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 7, 2012, 10:43 PM »

I guess if I don't hear from him I may still have a basic set of 6 plus Probot available...

If he falls through, keep me in mind.

I haven't gotten any response to PMs or postings.  I can see that he's visiting the site, but he's not responding.

Brent - if you want the extra set for $85 + $5 shipping, it is yours.  Includes all 6 basic figures and the Probot.

Offline Jonny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 8, 2012, 05:07 PM »
My dx4 purchase arrived today. I'm happy to have them as part of my collection but overall the selection is pretty bland.

The Vader and Leia are really nice figures, as is the Tiefighter pilot. I really like the dignitary too but it's still a fairly basic figure. While I like the Antilles figure the helmet seems to sit very high on mine which makes it look as if he has a massive forehead. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has this problem. The R2 is a complete waste of a slot...

The two chases are also uninspiring...the imperial lackey has grown on me but I still feel like they could have done more.

The probot looks amazing and has great detail but it is still my least favourite build a figure by far...

All the same, it's always good to get new star wars kubricks...here's hoping that DX5 raises the bar!!!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 8, 2012, 05:50 PM »
My MC left Illinois at 9am this morning... ;D

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 8, 2012, 07:26 PM »
here's hoping that DX5 raises the bar!!!

Here's hoping we get one! or any Kubricks for that matter. We've entered a Kubrick ghost town and it's overrun with tumble weed!
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline space monkey

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 9, 2012, 12:26 AM »
Since people are getting their boxes/cases soon if anyone wants to offload some singles PM me and let me know.

I only want R2 and Leia (both would be preferable to save on shipping) and you can keep the probe droid part. Shipping is to Australia.