Author Topic: Deluxe Series 4 - Death Star  (Read 188072 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Series 4 - Death Star
« Reply #75 on: September 7, 2011, 08:06 AM »
Funny I just checked HLJ website and they have stopped preorders. Wonder whats that about  ???

Did they sell out that fast?  I think the S3 boxes sold out pretty quickly last time around.  Did you get an order in?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 7, 2011, 08:58 AM »
I'm glad I got my order in last night with HLJ then. I almost talked myself out of it.

Offline ceedrus

• Youngling
  • You truly belong here with us among the clouds
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 7, 2011, 10:37 AM »
Funny I just checked HLJ website and they have stopped preorders. Wonder whats that about  ???

Did they sell out that fast?  I think the S3 boxes sold out pretty quickly last time around.  Did you get an order in?

No I didn't, the email about the master case kind of shied me away so I didn't order. I will check NCSX when they do their preorders or just hit up bigbad. But they did sell out pretty quick on HLJ if that is what happened.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 7, 2011, 11:33 AM »
Depending on the price, I'm going to go with NCS as well.  I just don't like the thought of not getting a sealed case, and its not worth the savings if they aren't going to include the display.  I heard NCS handed out displays to anyone who ordered two boxes or more.  I tried one more time with HLJ, but Brian assured me there is nothing they can do to ship a sealed master case.  Lame.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: September 7, 2011, 11:48 AM »
So, I have 6 basics sets of 7 available for anyone who wants to lock in now.  I'm asking $85 plus $5 to ship.

I'm in for a DX4 basic set of six for $85 if you stick with the MC order someplace.  But can I get local pick-up instead of $5 delivery charge?  ;D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 7, 2011, 12:32 PM »
So, I have 6 basics sets of 7 available for anyone who wants to lock in now.  I'm asking $85 plus $5 to ship.

I'm in for a DX4 basic set of six for $85 if you stick with the MC order someplace.  But can I get local pick-up instead of $5 delivery charge?  ;D

Local pick-up means no delivery charges.  Anyone living in MN or willing to drive up here can save $5.  I've got you down for one set Jeff.   ;)

Offline Jonny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 7, 2011, 12:53 PM »
Any word on when these are due to hit?

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 7, 2011, 01:05 PM »
Any word on when these are due to hit?

HLJ says they expect them "on or about December 31."

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 7, 2011, 07:03 PM »
Wouldn't it be cheeky if one of the chases was Aunt Beru?

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 7, 2011, 07:29 PM »
put me down for a basic set of 6. 85.00 shipped. not even going to try to get a chase

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 7, 2011, 08:04 PM »
put me down for a basic set of 6. 85.00 shipped. not even going to try to get a chase

Jeff and Adrian are signed up.  4 full sets left!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2011, 10:51 AM »
I wish they would have given Leia a sporting blaster...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2011, 10:55 AM »
I wish they would have given Leia a sporting blaster...

Easy enough to customize with a POTF2 one I bet.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2011, 10:01 PM »
NCSX pre-order is up.  They increased the price to $198.90 ($9 increase over the original DX1-DX3 prices).  This doesn't surprise me...  What did surprise me is that they raised the price for the DX1 and DX2 sets they still have in stock.  The DX1 price went up to $199.90 and the DX2 price went up to $399.90 :o!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2011, 10:55 PM »
Preorder is available at NCSX.  Go get 'em!

http://www.shopncsx.com/starwarskubrick4.aspx

I did the cost/benefit analysis below for anyone trying to figure out who they're going to order from.  HLJ is the cheapest, and probably the best place to go if you're just ordering a box.  Their price is considerably lower, though they don't discount much for shipping as you add boxes.  For a Master Case, the shipping from HLJ almost gets you up to BBTS and NCS pricing, which is pretty ridiculous.  Here's how the costs shake out for master cases:

Case CostShippingTotal
BBTS$775$23$798
HLJ$687$100$787
NCSX$796$21$817

Even though I already ordered from HLJ, I'm planning to cancel my order and go with NCS for S4.  I ordered the master case from them earlier today.  I can't stomach that HLJ won't send you the actual master case, so not only do you miss out on the display, but you might get 4 boxes and no chase.  You might also get more than one chase, but who wants to take the chance when you're spending $800?  Not me. 

Big Bad would have saved me $20, but I have two issues with them.  #1 - I don't know that they'll get the cases.  They've taken pre-orders for items in the past that haven't come in, so I don't want to risk having to scramble for a case if something falls through.  #2 - I don't trust them.  Sorry for any BBTS guys reading this, but I don't have a history with them and haven't seen many chases coming out of BBTS.  I've used NCS for S10, Fett Series, Dx1 and Dx2 now and they've always come through.  I also like that they sent out extra displays to those that ordered 2 or more boxes.  I'll pay an extra 2% for great customer service.

I'll have 6 extra basic sets of 7 and still selling them for $85 each plus $5 shipping if you're not local.  Send me a PM if you're interested - 2 have been claimed, so 4 left at this point.  I'm also offering up the display for $40 if anyone wants it.