Author Topic: Deluxe Series 4 - Death Star  (Read 188053 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Series 4 - Death Star
« Reply #135 on: January 27, 2012, 09:30 AM »
Technically...it is not quite the Vintage Commander...more of the Jumpsuited guys Symposium posted

The ONLY difference is missing badges on his chest.  ::) I'll be calling him "Imperial Commander" instead of "Jumpsuited Guy."
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 27, 2012, 09:32 AM »
Technically...it is not quite the Vintage Commander...more of the Jumpsuited guys Symposium posted

The ONLY difference is missing badges on his chest.  ::) I'll be calling him "Imperial Commander" instead of "Jumpsuited Guy."

and the shoulder insignia AND the grey skirt!!!!  ;D :P
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 27, 2012, 09:37 AM »
If it had the uniform details like the vintage figure, it would've made a nice vintage imperial commander, and the fact that they reused Veers' face would've make sense.

Would've made a great Death Star flunky like in the pic Symposium posted, except that even they have some "pleats" on their shirts, and they are not General Veers.

Not a bad fig imo, but kinda cheap and uninspired.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 27, 2012, 09:41 AM »
You know the skirt is intended to just be a longer torso coat, right?  It's there on the Kenner Imperial Commander too, just a lot more subtle.

I agree with Mike though, it's too bad they didn't do more with this chase.  Considering the detail they have put into past chases like the various Jedi, this seems a little uninspired (especially with more likeness to Jumpsuit guy than Imp Commander).  Still hoping the other chase is the Vintage DSC.   :-\
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 27, 2012, 09:44 AM »
Yeah I know it's not a skirt but the fact that they have it coloured grey while the torso is just a plain black piece makes it look like a skirt  ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2012, 09:44 AM »
I believe they are Imperial Technicians and can be seen in the first few scenes of ROTJ where Vader's ship is arriving in the control room...also note the Imperial Logos on the shoulders

Hasbro made this figure back in POTJ

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2012, 09:47 AM »
Well at least we have a name now but I'm still less than impressed. Here's hoping the 2nd chase is something special.

Offline Plasticlab

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2012, 09:49 AM »
Man, Vader looks sweet, makes the whole series for me. Now just give me a Death Star Droid and all will be well in the universe...
A vintage Death Squad Commander would be nice too. Seems the Imp Commander is 1:48, interesting... wonder what he'll sell for.
Being a fan of the Imperials I really like this character choice but the torso is severely lacking in detail. Hopefully it's just a lighting issue and the skirt is black.
Still, one of the best series so far for me and the Probe Droid is mint. The backdrop is perfect for displaying a Imperial Army too.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2012, 09:58 AM »

Jesse is the uniform guru around here...I'll ask him to weigh in

Offline Jonny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2012, 10:51 AM »
I'm really surprised with the 1:48 ratio. I wouldn't have expected them to mix it up from the previous DX Waves...I'm assuming there is only one other figure to be revealed but would love it if there were two!

Offline Jonny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2012, 11:43 AM »
I stuck the text (about the 1:48 Ratio) from Instinctoy's blog post into google translate and got the following:

"Book now for the small number, we have reduced the number of cartons in stock, there is one mistake unfortunately not identical to (Carton B) Another secret that should be incorporated into the (1 / 48 mix rate) could it be unable to introduce Furukonpu aside the. . . m (__;) m

Details of the other kind of secret information is unknown at this time that I got 1 / 48 also secret bonus this is definitely the normal parts of six species DX Series 3 like the previous work because we did two things to exist seems to be full and complete with a total of nine species Dizu play board item + 1 / 48 secret 2 (@ ∀ @;)

☆ ☆ ☆ I hope this helps and enjoy your collection of the collection of information was very sorry to everyone unable to introduce all kinds

Products used today are expected to be introduced to Sell Auction Get ready any time soon."

Anyone fell like hazarding a guess as to what this means?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2012, 11:47 AM »
Sounds like there is another chase but they don't have one

Offline Plasticlab

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2012, 12:20 PM »
Jesus that's messed up... Let's hope that there's 2@1:48 and 1@1:96 chases. And that they don't sell for $400...
I can't for the life od me figure what that means. Maybe they only received one master carton and found two of these Imp Commander/Techs in it ...
that be nice.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2012, 12:24 PM »
Yeah I know it's not a skirt but the fact that they have it coloured grey while the torso is just a plain black piece makes it look like a skirt  ;)

I don't think it's a gray "skirt" on the Imperial Naval/Stormtrooper Officer. Probably a combination of the photography lighting and the differences in plastics used.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 12:28 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2012, 12:34 PM »
I think they are saying that they opened a case and found this chase.  They listed it as 1:48 because they opened 4 boxes.  There's likely another case with a different chase in one of the 4 boxes, just like all the other deluxe releases. 

I think it is just mislabed as 1:48 when it technically should be 1:96.

I believe they are Imperial Technicians and can be seen in the first few scenes of ROTJ where Vader's ship is arriving in the control room...also note the Imperial Logos on the shoulders

Hasbro made this figure back in POTJ

Hasbro called this figure "Imperial Officer" not Imperial Technician.   Officer is a generic term for any number of ranks, including a commander.  I'm sticking with IMPERIAL COMMANDER.