Author Topic: Deluxe Series 4 - Death Star  (Read 188051 times)

Offline Jonny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Series 4 - Death Star
« Reply #180 on: January 28, 2012, 03:04 PM »
I'll second that. It's hard to tell from the photo but that black droid looks identical to the TRU 5 Pack....such a wasted opportunity...

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 28, 2012, 03:11 PM »
Yeah, I don't collect chases, but there were so many better choices... I wonder if all the recent disasters effected this wave in getting it out on time, hence the dud chases.

And, of course, I want the Dignitary, and they partner him up with a chase.  ::)

Offline Jonny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 28, 2012, 03:13 PM »
...and no way is this lot worth $600. I can't see either of those chases commanding the same prices as  AT-ST Driver/Hammerhead...

Offline Plasticlab

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 28, 2012, 03:34 PM »
Stupid, such a waste. Don't tell me, it's got 2 legs instead of 3.
$600 and no backdrop? Wow, I'm not paying that.

Offline Jonny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 28, 2012, 03:39 PM »
Someone did...it's sold already!!!

Offline Plasticlab

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 28, 2012, 03:42 PM »
ya, my crazy Swedish friend... just couldn't help himself. ^_^

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2012, 03:59 PM »
Aw hell no...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2012, 04:01 PM »
Wow.  That's awful.  I'll second the vote for worst chases of all time.  I thought the DX1 chases were uninspired - red cape Bib was okay at best and the redo Fett was prett lame, but at least it was Fett.  That Black R2 is just terrible.  If I end up with that instead of the Imp in my master case I am going to be so pissed.... >:(  The only plus side here is that it at least apparently takes the place of another wasted R2.

Now wouldn't it be a gas if that auction was fake and the guy just threw in the 5pk R2 as a phony chase?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 04:05 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 28, 2012, 04:07 PM »
Someone did...it's sold already!!!

And there had been two available, so there is more than one nut out there!

Watch, the chases will go to hammerhead levels, and that will look like a great buy...

I'm not sure which I prefer, chases I really want like hammerhead at crazy prices, or reasonably priced meh pieces.

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2012, 04:25 PM »
On one hand I'm happy that I can save my money. I have no desire to own that black R2 even if there are small differences to the original...I didn't like it that much the first time around. To be honest, I wouldn't mind owning the Imperial flunky but I'd never pay more than $130 or so for it.

From here out I'll just get what I really like. There's a lot to like about this release. For me its the Vader, Leia, Antilles, Dignitary and the backdrop. They did an awesome job on those--if Captain Antilles was the chase we'd all be flipping our **** to get it. Just a little depressing that Medicom seems to be on hard times and/or throwing in the towel on this line...hope that isn't the case and we see more awesome SW kubs released in the future.

Offline Plasticlab

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 28, 2012, 04:44 PM »
Bespin and Endor next. Where and where do they usually release the new updates for the next 2 series?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 28, 2012, 04:57 PM »
I'm putting in my vote for the two worst SW chase releases to date.  We already got a black astromech in one of the TRU boxed sets.  Very disappointed by this

I'm with you...  If I was smart, I'd cancel my Bo12 pre-order and just scarf up a set of 6 on the cheap.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 28, 2012, 05:03 PM »
The only thing that would have saved that R2 chase would have been if they made it with a clear dome.  However, I'm sure it's just a two legged version of the three legged one we got in the TRU pack like Plasticlab said.

If I was smart, I'd cancel my Bo12 pre-order and just scarf up a set of 6 on the cheap.

Unfortunately, you and I both know that is not going to happen ;)
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 28, 2012, 05:40 PM »

If I was smart, I'd cancel my Bo12 pre-order and just scarf up a set of 6 on the cheap.

Unfortunately, you and I both know that is not going to happen ;)

*sigh* yep.

Offline space monkey

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 28, 2012, 07:21 PM »

Thanks for that DSJ, I posted it over at kubricknation as confirmation of Sir Real's HK intel.

Wow, a lot of hate for the Astromech. Personally I'm thrilled when the chases are undesirable repaints, no one wants a repeat of the AT-ST Driver or Hammerhead, but I can empathise with you.

If the Imperial is packed 1/48, does any one think he'll go for the same price of Jar Jar which is the last time I remember a chase packed at that ratio? After things settled he could be bought for as low as $50, or based on the last few series am I dreaming?