Author Topic: NBA 2010-2011  (Read 53312 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2010-2011
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 02:02 PM »
True... didn't consider that he's from there... it's a ****-hole though, biased or not, I'll stick by that one.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 09:54 AM »
A few sources in this article say that Miami is now the front-runner.  PLEASE let this be true!

Sources: James, Bosh, Wade meet, talk futures

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 10:41 AM »
Although the "front runner" seems to change every day, that would be crazy to see something like that happen.  Three super-stars, all in the prime of their careers, joining the same team at the same time.  Sure, we've seen "all-star"-ish lineups before (Boston's Big Three, The Lakers with Shaq/Kobe/Malone/Payton/etc.), but I don't know that we've seen guys who were/are really all in their prime together like that.  Could be very interesting.  I don't know why, but I've never really liked the Knicks that much (probably stemming from the John Starks/Charles Oakley days vs. the Bulls)...so in a way it would be kind of funny to see them trade away and prepare for this big free agent class only to come away empty.  I do think they have a good chance to luring Joe Johnson and Amare there, which would really help them out.  Its going to be a fun offseason.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 2, 2010, 08:34 AM »
I heard this stat yesterday.

Of the 64 NBA Championships: The Lakers or Celtics have won 33.

Of the past 31, 27 have been won by one of five teams: Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Spurs, or Pistons.

Why even follow a team if they aren't one of those teams? They have no chance.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 3, 2010, 01:13 AM »
The latest rumor has Wade seriously considering Chicago.

If he does that, it'd be a no-brainer for Lebron to do the same...

Oh man that'd be awesome.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/1152/wade-and-lebron-can-it-happen

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 3, 2010, 09:12 AM »
Yeah, I was kind of surprised as I figured (at least at the beginning of the week) that Wade was probably a lock for Miami.  But now, it is starting to look like the Bulls could field the best team (supporting cast) so I can see why they would go for Chicago.  I'm starting to wonder if Miami might be left out in the cold in all of this, because I can't see LBJ (or Bosh) going there if Wade is gone - I think that sort of defeats the purpose of all the Miami talk anyways.  The thing is, Bosh is so tied to either one or the other (more recently Wade), and I don't think the Bulls can get all three (unless a sign and trade scenario was worked out possibly).  With a lot of other players likely staying with their teams (Rudy Gay, Paul Pierce, possibly Joe Johnson, possibly Ray Allen), the pool is thinning quickly.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 3, 2010, 01:52 PM »
No love for Amare to be found anywhere?  He's gone from Phoenix, that much is now pretty well sealed even though you could go back to February and say that.  Looking like he might end up in New York.  Kind of surprised he didn't end up in some of the talks.  I'm not sure I'd take Bosh over Amare.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 3, 2010, 02:51 PM »
No love for Amare to be found anywhere?  He's gone from Phoenix, that much is now pretty well sealed even though you could go back to February and say that.  Looking like he might end up in New York.  Kind of surprised he didn't end up in some of the talks.  I'm not sure I'd take Bosh over Amare.

I sort of feel the same way.  We were talking about it this week at work, and I think I'd rather have Amare if I was choosing a PF.  Both are talented, and there may sometimes be a question with Stoudemire's motivation, but when he plays hard he's one of the best in the league.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 4, 2010, 10:19 PM »
The latest rumor has Wade seriously considering Chicago.

If he does that, it'd be a no-brainer for Lebron to do the same...

Oh man that'd be awesome.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/1152/wade-and-lebron-can-it-happen

I spent most of my life rooting for the Bulls.  I would have no problem doing it again.

As for the Amare vs. Bosh discussion, I'd take Bosh in a heartbeat.  He's younger and rebounds better.  I question Amare's drive on certain occasions.  I've never had that issue with Bosh.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 4, 2010, 11:07 PM »
The age isn't a major thing... only a year apart IIRC.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 6, 2010, 04:14 PM »
Stoudemire to the Knicks.  One down. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 7, 2010, 08:11 AM »
It looks like LeBron will reveal his decision tomorrow night during a one-hour ESPN primetime special:

Sources: LeBron decision Thursday

Really?  I mean ..... REALLY!?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 7, 2010, 09:03 AM »
Wade and Bosh to the Heat.

James with 'em?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 7, 2010, 09:07 AM »
It looks like LeBron will reveal his decision tomorrow night during a one-hour ESPN primetime special:

Sources: LeBron decision Thursday

Really?  I mean ..... REALLY!?

He's gonna announce his decision tomorrow and it hasn't leaked yet?

That's amazing in and of itself.

Still not as amazing as the narcissism involved in having a 1 hour special to announce your stupid decision.  Win a ring jackass, and then maybe I'll watch.  He hasn't done anything but lose in the postseason, excuse me if I pass on the whole dog and pony show.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 7, 2010, 09:15 AM »
Stoudemire to the Knicks.  One down. 

If James joins him, then the Knicks cleaned up.

If he doesn't, then the offseason that Knicks fans have been waiting for, for 3 years, was a total failure.  We were expecting a little more than a 20 PPG 10 REB player for $20 million a year with a history of major knee and eye trouble.